PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince Wilfork announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Vince, and all he did for us, and really like that we're doing something for him at the Pats.

But I find him announcing his retirement via a Kingsford bbq rack commercial, very tacky. I almost grimaced. He's made enough money. Did he need that 5k more or whatever. How about a dignified exit and then keep making commercials later. Imagine if Ninkovich had pitched some ad sponsors in his retirement speech. Sorry to say, I bet this was Bianca's idea as well, like her many other poor ones over the years.
he actually addressed that during the Q&A. basically he said that if you expected him to announce his retirement with a coat & tie press conference, sorry to disappoint you, but that's not him. he did it his way. and i'm glad he did.

Vince Wilfork is one of two player's in NFL history to win Lombardi's 10 year's apart, Brady is the other. And both were starters.
Actually there were 3 but the 3rd also nurdered someone at another SB.

HOF voters should be forced to actually watch every game that guys like Ted Washington, Fred Smerlas, and Vince Wilfork played and then rate them. Until Wilfork tore his Achilles he had literally never had a bad game. I can't think of one time I watched them win or lose where I felt like Wilfork had played poorly, and as many great players as they have had, including Brady, I can't say that of anyone else. He dominated game in and game out for over a decade and his play can't ever be reflected in a stat line. And while I didn't see Smerlas and Washington play every week I think they probably showed the same kind of consistent dominance and share the same issue with the stat line. HOF voters shouldn't be so myopic that the only thing they consider are numbers as numbers only reflect the value of skill players, and the game requires that it's everyone else who either gives them the opportunity to make plays, or stops them from making plays. Any player who dominates their position for over a decade should go in the HOF.

Is it just me or does it look like Vince has lost some weight?

Hopefully, like Seabass recently, he will cut down on the bulk he no longer needs, to live a normal post-football life.

he actually addressed that during the Q&A. basically he said that if you expected him to announce his retirement with a coat & tie press conference, sorry to disappoint you, but that's not him. he did it his way. and i'm glad he did.

Also:

BB comments should be played to the HoF voters when Vince is eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back