PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince Wilfork announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent career. Hope the big man keeps the weight off and the diabeetus at bay now.

With the recent story on Jared Lorenzen clocking in at 500-plus-pounds and tales before that of William Perry, I hope he does. That is no life. Once the workouts stop, that weight will destroy you quickly.

I'd like to see the big man enjoy his retirement years. He has earned it.

With that said, the image of Vince crushing the turkey drumstick after the Thanksgiving Day game while Tom looked like he literally would prefer to eat the turf before that dark, skin covered poultry remains one of my favorite scenes.

vince-wilfork-interception-o.gif

Run, big man, run!!!!

tumblr_mdxcg5ZjcL1qci7aeo1_250.gif

...right for the retirement party buffet. :)

Thanks for the rings and the memories, Vince!

It's even better set to Chariots of Fire!

With the recent story on Jared Lorenzen clocking in at 500-plus-pounds and tales before that of William Perry, I hope he does. That is no life. Once the workouts stop, that weight will destroy you quickly.

I'd like to see the big man enjoy his retirement years. He has earned it.

With that said, the image of Vince crushing the turkey drumstick after the Thanksgiving Day game while Tom looked like he literally would prefer to eat the turf before that dark, skin covered poultry remains one of my favorite scenes.
Vince and his wife have been involved with the Joslin Clinic for years. My mother in law was the office manager there for a long time. Anyway, without violating anyone's privacy Vince is very aware and in tune with what he has to do in regard to that condition. Would you want to cross Bianca???

Does he get into Canton?

No idea how many players at his position are in the Hall of Fame? I think for his position it will be very tough for him to get in. The nature of the beast.

In fact for the HOF they should in some way induct for every position. That way people can remember.. this guy was the best DT.. this guy was the best Safety.. This guy was the best WR.. etc etc.. Maybe every year they can take 5 positions and vote on just those positions. And if there is no one worthy of a HOF candidacy then just leave it blank. I think that would be the fairest way to vote on the HOF worthy players.

Obviously skill position players like QB's, RB's, WR's, TE's are going to have a huge advantage over a Nose Tackle.

Vince did all the dirty work taking 2 or 3 guys at a time but goes unnoticed, while he opened lanes up for someone else to get the sack.

He belongs in Canton. He completely dominated for over ten years and played at a high level his entire career. Smerlas is a **** but he belongs in the Hall as well. Interior lineman generally don't get their due.

Wilfork wasn't as good as Ted Washington over his career and I don't think Ted will make it. That's no rub against Wilfork, Ted was the best nose tackle to ever play. These guys just don't rack up the sacks and big plays enough and never had the media hype. Both deserve to make it, but lesser players with bigger names who played linebacker or defensive end will garner more votes.

Steve Tasker and, once he retires, Matt Slater should be serious candidates as well, but you know neither will make it.

Wilfork wasn't as good as Ted Washington over his career and I don't think Ted will make it. That's no rub against Wilfork, Ted was the best nose tackle to ever play. These guys just don't rack up the sacks and big plays enough and never had the media hype. Both deserve to make it, but lesser players with bigger names who played linebacker or defensive end will garner more votes.

Steve Tasker and, once he retires, Matt Slater should be serious candidates as well, but you know neither will make it.
If VW spends a few seasons on a network doing color he'll get in.

Agree on Ted. With BUF he was a monster

I realize it The Hall but if you dominate at your position for over a decade you deserve the nod, and while understand the logic wherein if so and so isn't in then the next guy shouldn't be either I still think they all belong in the door of what should probably be renamed the Pro Football Focus Hall of Fame.

If you are dominant for over a decade you should be in. Wilfork meets that criteria, he should be in. The only Patriot who played at a higher level for a longer time is Brady.

He belongs in Canton. He completely dominated for over ten years and played at a high level his entire career. Smerlas is a **** but he belongs in the Hall as well. Interior lineman generally don't get their due.

He'll be in the conversation. I think the fact that we as a team have been so dominant for the last 15 years and he was a key player gives him an edge over others (especially considering that we don't have the many HOFers)

He'll be in the conversation. I think the fact that we as a team have been so dominant for the last 15 years and he was a key player gives him an edge over others (especially considering that we don't have the many HOFers)

agreed. the Patriots dynasty bump will help.

his personality will to. he is pretty universally loved as an outgoing, happy go lucky big guy with a huge heart. doubt you'll find any media members with a bad thing to say about Vince

Wow

I'm flying over Canton right now and I can see Wilfork from 32,314 feet, and we're going 535 mph.

I love Vince, and all he did for us, and really like that we're doing something for him at the Pats.

But I find him announcing his retirement via a Kingsford bbq rack commercial, very tacky. I almost grimaced. He's made enough money. Did he need that 5k more or whatever. How about a dignified exit and then keep making commercials later. Imagine if Ninkovich had pitched some ad sponsors in his retirement speech. Sorry to say, I bet this was Bianca's idea as well, like her many other poor ones over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes