PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince Wilfork announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
297.png

Funny, but I don't think so.

But I do. You go ahead and take your stand on Mt. Molehill, the rest of us are over here celebrating a fantastic career of one of the keystones of our defense for over a decade.

Meh. He can do whatever he wants but let's not be gullible. What he did is called extending your brand beyond the playing career.

Todays tone and activities were in alignment with the respect VWs career deserves.

Pitching charcoal brikets and lighter fluid the day after he retires is not.
I agree. Which reminds me that Diet Coke is the perfect zero calorie refreshment for Patsfan game thread game day posting, Diet Coke share one with a friend!

But I do. You go ahead and take your stand on Mt. Molehill, the rest of us are over here celebrating a fantastic career of one of the keystones of our defense for over a decade.

Advice: Get off your fandom high-horse. You not ************ for Pats fans and you sure as hell have no freaking clue how I am appreciating VWs career and his legacy.

I made an observation which was VW leveraging his business relationship with Kingsford to announce his retirement in a non-serious way but at the same time, pitch product (which is a contractual obligation) that he made him $. VW basically stated that during the presser. He wanted his announcement to be light and thats fine but I thought the sequence in how it went down was off. He should done the Kraft 1 day contract thing and reminiscing over his career BEFORE the Kingsford spot.

Advice: Get off your fandom high-horse.

pot-kettle.jpg

Criticizing how he decides to announce is the epitome of high-horse fandom imo. Vince knows the score, if he wants a light hearted, profitable retirement announcement who are we as fans to judge.

It's not like he was standing out of the field, after being gifted a superbowl, and when asked questions he said he was excited to go home and have a nice cold bud light.

Vince announced he;s hanging up the cleats, and is throwing some sort of retirement tailgate sponsored by kingsford. sounds like a good time.

pot-kettle.jpg

Criticizing how he decides to announce is the epitome of high-horse fandom imo. Vince knows the score, if he wants a light hearted, profitable retirement announcement who are we as fans to judge.

It's not like he was standing out of the field, after being gifted a superbowl, and when asked questions he said he was excited to go home and have a nice cold bud light.

Vince announced he;s hanging up the cleats, and is throwing some sort of retirement tailgate sponsored by kingsford. sounds like a good time.

seriously.

nevermind the fact that he clearly doesnt know Vince's personality. Vince has always been the big, jovial, lovable goofball type. His retirement announcement was perfectly him.

Look up the Hard Knocks clips where he is standing behind Bill O'Brien in only overalls...or hits in a charity softball HR derby in said overalls...or goes 1 on 1 with Carli Lloyd in a FG contest...or in NE when he caught a punt one handed.

pot-kettle.jpg

Wrong.

Fans criticizing players is on thing. If you want to call it being judgemental or critical so be it.

Fans telling other fans that their way of fandom is better is ********.

seriously.

nevermind the fact that he clearly doesnt know Vince's personality. Vince has always been the big, jovial, lovable goofball type. His retirement announcement was perfectly him.

Look up the Hard Knocks clips where he is standing behind Bill O'Brien in only overalls...or hits in a charity softball HR derby in said overalls...or goes 1 on 1 with Carli Lloyd in a FG contest...or in NE when he caught a punt one handed.

...another Fandom elitist heard from making uninformed assessments about other posters.

VW is very proud of his career and expects respect and acknowledgement for his accomplishments on the field. That was made clear as day when he negotiated his big deal in 2010, his departure from the team and his ceremony yesterday.

The whole Kingsford Charcoal angle on his retirement was not commensurate with how he views his career. I understand how he is and with money and endorsements in mind, was talked into an awkward way of announcing his retirement.

Wrong.

Fans criticizing players is on thing. If you want to call it being judgemental or critical so be it.

Fans telling other fans that their way of fandom is better is ********.

By saying our fandom is ******** for defending our fandom, you are in essence saying that your fandom is better. Thus kettle and pot.

By saying our fandom is ******** for defending our fandom, you are in essence saying that your fandom is better. Thus kettle and pot.
Nice try to twist it.

For the sake of making it black and white...I am criticizing Wilfork's approach to announcing his retirement. I'm certainly sure you have criticized a player once or twice in your life.

My beef with the other poster is telling me how he and other fans are better at celebrating VW's career than I so with that, you can imagine my issue with that soap box BS.

And I am criticizing your criticism.

How's the view from Mt. Molehill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back