PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings interested in Mcdaniels

The fact that he is back with the Pats at all after he flamed out in Detroit should tell you something.

Yep, it tells me that Belichick knows that Patricia is a really bright guy, and with Ernie Adam’s retiring he needed a really bright guy to fill that role with the team, that’s why he gave him Ernie Adam’s job instead of a coaching position.

Yep, it tells me that Belichick knows that Patricia is a really bright guy, and with Ernie Adam’s retiring he needed a really bright guy to fill that role with the team, that’s why he gave him Ernie Adam’s job instead of a coaching position.
Matt Patricia bright? Did you fall down and hit your head?

Im more interested in that pencil pusher analytic guy we got from
Detroit.
He is a young Ernie Adams.

I don’t think McDaniels will take another job and he will ride it out until Bill retires.

Last edited:
Matt Patricia bright? Did you fall down and hit your head?

He graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic with a degree in aeronautical engineering, yeah, he’s a really bright guy.

@DropKickFlutie Get the van!!

The A Team Van GIF by MOODMAN

Josh is HC in 2023 or 2024 . I think we now know how continuity breeds success . We just need to hit 2 or 3 home runs in next 2 drafts and we should be all set .

We have Mac rookie contract for another 3 years and 2023 the cap space is pretty good .

Get one WR 1 and 1 NT and couple of good corners and we are back in business as a contender and not a underdog.

I don’t think McDaniels will not take another job and he will ride it out until Bill retires.
If the $4mil a year thing as OC is true, he's not leaving unless it's the perfect situation. The fist pumps post Broncos win against the Pats tell me he definitely wants to get back there (although wife and 4 kids with youngest at 8 might be a giant influence), but I'm sure the Waiting Feel is Fine.

Side note - man it'd be nice to pay off a $1.6mill mortgage in less than 2 years like this guy did.

He graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic with a degree in aeronautical engineering, yeah, he’s a really bright guy.
I am gobsmacked at ignorance displayed saying Patricia is not a very bright guy. Agree completely that his fit approximates the Ernie Adams roles.

Matt is furiously busy today with a PV=nRT spreadsheet using degrees Kelvin absolute.

(last line is an attempt at a joke; 1st paragraph is serious)

I don’t think McDaniels will not take another job and he will ride it out until Bill retires.
I think you meant "I think McDaniels will not take another job" right? The double-negative use here is confusing.

I personally hope he doesn't go, partially because I do think he does a good job overall, and also because I don't really want to have Mac having to learn under a new OC in his second year. Building continuity under McDaniels in Year 2 feels really important.

Regarding staying in New England - yeah, it's rumored he's paid extremely well for an OC (like, HC-level dough) so he'd have to both be paid a huge sum and also be offered a golden opportunity to leave. The Vikings are not a golden opportunity. And even if they were, he might not, because Bill only has a few years left at most and Josh isn't old (he's only 45) so he can certainly afford to wait a few years if he feels it's very likely Kraft will tap him as next in line.

I am gobsmacked at ignorance displayed saying Patricia is not a very bright guy. Agree completely that his fit approximates the Ernie Adams roles.

Matt is furiously busy today with a PV=nRT spreadsheet using degrees Kelvin absolute.

(last line is an attempt at a joke; 1st paragraph is serious)

Agree completely. He did a good job as an assistant in NE, and a poor job as a HC in Detroit, but he is by no means an idiot, and I absolutely think the Ernie Adam’s role fits him perfectly. He could end up as a very good front office guy in the future, but he’s definitely an asset either way.

Get one WR 1 and 1 NT and couple of good corners and we are back in business as a contender and not a underdog.
...and a couple of LBs and a dependable LT..... and C could use an upgrade as well as #2 and #3 QBs.

Other than that...

Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I think you meant "I think McDaniels will not take another job" right? The double-negative use here is confusing.

I personally hope he doesn't go, partially because I do think he does a good job overall, and also because I don't really want to have Mac having to learn under a new OC in his second year. Building continuity under McDaniels in Year 2 feels really important.

Regarding staying in New England - yeah, it's rumored he's paid extremely well for an OC (like, HC-level dough) so he'd have to both be paid a huge sum and also be offered a golden opportunity to leave. The Vikings are not a golden opportunity. And even if they were, he might not, because Bill only has a few years left at most and Josh isn't old (he's only 45) so he can certainly afford to wait a few years if he feels it's very likely Kraft will tap him as next in line.

Agree completely.MacDaniels did a great job with Jones this season, and a full off-season with the continuity of having MacDaniels back next year would really help him for the long run.

Josh is HC in 2023 or 2024 . I think we now know how continuity breeds success . We just need to hit 2 or 3 home runs in next 2 drafts and we should be all set .

We have Mac rookie contract for another 3 years and 2023 the cap space is pretty good .

I'd rather have Vrable

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back