PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

View from the UK that will make you guys smile even more

Status
Not open for further replies.

English Patriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So unfortunately i couldn't participate with you all yesterday as i was at a Superbowl party in London, would just like to say i was part of a crowd of hundreds of people in the venue and probably 90-95% cheering on Atlanta (most of them weren't Falcons fans but rather people there just to hate on the Pats). They were mocking Brady all game, insulting all the Pats fans in attendance, anti Patriot chants all game, going ballistic every time Atlanta did anything remotely good.

I can't stress to you how sweet the silence and anguish their faces was to me and the others who suffered abuse all game as the minority of Pats fans in that place lost our minds at the end of the game.

Oh and to top it off after the winning TD i proceeded to jump on stage in front of the 2 big screens, held up five fingers and kissed every single one of them and waved to all the salty faces that were leaving the place.

Again while it's unfortunate i couldn't go along for the ride with the gameday thread i'd just like to say the absence was well worth it and mention as i did after the Seahawks game a few years ago that i love you all out there and GO PATS! :D

Last edited:
One other thing - Sky Sports had a special guest in the studio for the game: one Ndamukong Suh. He didn't look too happy after the game (which I watched on the BBC, who had Osi Umenyiora looking very smug for most of the game, only to be shaking his head by the end and having to admit a certain player's GOAT status)

One other thing - Sky Sports had a special guest in the studio for the game: one Ndamukong Suh. He didn't look too happy after the game (which I watched on the BBC, who had Osi Umenyiora looking very smug for most of the game, only to be shaking his head by the end and having to admit a certain player's GOAT status)
That was so noticeable, me and my other friends (who were also against me the whole game) kept bringing up just how happy Osi was the whole time up until Brady shut him up. But if you know him and his work in the UK then you'll know he reduces Brady to a system QB (i'm talking outright calls him those words) so it's no surprise.

I worry about Brady getting a cheap shot from Suh every time the Pats play against him. The same is true for JJ Watt.

That's great, good times. I'm reading your posts with an English accent running through my head. :)

I worry about Brady getting a cheap shot from Suh every time the Pats play against him. The same is true for JJ Watt.

Has Va JJ ever gotten near Brady?

@English Patriot were you at the Super Bowl party that Kevin Cadle was at which featured on Sky Sports? It just looked like a huge piss up, no way I could have enjoyed the game in that atmosphere. I'm glad you were able to celebrate the win against a 95% anti Patriots crowd.

I have had the misfortune to see Osi Umenyiora on the BBC's NFL tv coverage the past couple of years and he annoys me more than anyone else in sports broadcasting. I think Osi Umenyiora is a tremendous talent on the screen, he speaks in an articulate and cogent way, he is persuasive and has huge on field experience but he comes across as such a tosser because he has always put Brady down as a system QB. My come back would have been "Correct, Brady is a system QB, his system = winnning!"

So it was great last night to see Osi Umenyiora do a 180 an finally admit that Brady is the greatest QB of all time. It was a delight to see him admit he was totally blown away by what Brady did in the second half and overtime.

Arise, Sir Tom of Brady, King of the New England Patriots.

@English Patriot were you at the Super Bowl party that Kevin Cadle was at which featured on Sky Sports? It just looked like a huge piss up, no way I could have enjoyed the game in that atmosphere. I'm glad you were able to celebrate the win against a 95% anti Patriots crowd.

I have had the misfortune to see Osi Umenyiora on the BBC's NFL tv coverage the past couple of years and he annoys me more than anyone else in sports broadcasting. I think Osi Umenyiora is a tremendous talent on the screen, he speaks in an articulate and cogent way, he is persuasive and has huge on field experience but he comes across as such a tosser because he has always put Brady down as a system QB. My come back would have been "Correct, Brady is a system QB, his system = winnning!"

So it was great last night to see Osi Umenyiora do a 180 an finally admit that Brady is the greatest QB of all time. It was a delight to see him admit he was totally blown away by what Brady did in the second half and overtime.

Arise, Sir Tom of Brady, King of the New England Patriots.

I wasn't at the one with Kevin Cadle, that one actually looked quite civilised haha

Trust me mate it's easy to support the Pats in a room full of your own fans but there is nothing quite like winning a game in a lions den in that manner infront of a bunch of blatant haters. Don't get me wrong there was Falcons fan present with jerseys and some that just genuinely wanted the Falcons to win but they were easily outnumbered by the likes of fake butthurt dolphins and steelers fans for example that made it sweet rubbing it in their faces at the end.

As for Osi, he comes across well but he's a bitter prick of an analyst like a lot of them out there. Don't know why because after all he has won a superbowl over Brady so there is nothing to hold against #12 on his part.

That was so noticeable, me and my other friends (who were also against me the whole game) kept bringing up just how happy Osi was the whole time up until Brady shut him up. But if you know him and his work in the UK then you'll know he reduces Brady to a system QB (i'm talking outright calls him those words) so it's no surprise.
It's bizarre Osi would have anything negative to say about Brady. The Giants are the only team that has stopped us and Osi was part of that wrecking crew. I would think he'd be tongue in cheek about all of it as opposed to having any sort of chip on his shoulder.

Great story.

Watched it with packers giants and saints fans. All of them quite good about it. American colleagues on Facebook were a little bit more spikey. Would love to see a certain colleagues face when I sent him back a picture of my middle finger

Hoo hmmmm

PS: love all my patsfans brethren
Peace

I echo all these thoughts regarding Osi and Suh. I started watching the BBC coverage, as Mike Carlson is a superb analyst. However, I had to turn over when Osi was sat there with his smug grin having a go at us, or I would have put my foot through the TV. Though Suh was unhappy, it was just boring to listen to, him and the inane Dara Kennedy.

As for going out on the night the OP mentioned, no chance for me. The guy in the Big ben top would likely have got punched in the throat, and I would have missed the ending as I would have been slung out. Instead, had a private party at mine, where during the first three quarters my Mrs was throwing me the same 'Oh ****, he isn't happy' looks the Mrs Blank was giving Arthur at the end of the game. By the end of the game, i imagine I woke the neighbours!

Don't remember a good game from him against us. Same goes for Watt.

I watched the game again on BBC iPlayer and almost felt embarrassed for the presenter when he read out a Tweet from some pink hat (at 28-3) about trading Brady to make way for JimmyG.

I echo all these thoughts regarding Osi and Suh. I started watching the BBC coverage, as Mike Carlson is a superb analyst. However, I had to turn over when Osi was sat there with his smug grin having a go at us, or I would have put my foot through the TV. Though Suh was unhappy, it was just boring to listen to, him and the inane Dara Kennedy.

As for going out on the night the OP mentioned, no chance for me. The guy in the Big ben top would likely have got punched in the throat, and I would have missed the ending as I would have been slung out. Instead, had a private party at mine, where during the first three quarters my Mrs was throwing me the same 'Oh ****, he isn't happy' looks the Mrs Blank was giving Arthur at the end of the game. By the end of the game, i imagine I woke the neighbours!
Some of the idiots i encountered are unreal but i'd had a few to drink so i was mellow about it and i think i only ever said to one of them 'i dont see your team playing in this game' and the guy shrugged his shoulders and walked away. Truth hurts sometimes.

I wouldn't swap the night for anything, like i said it's great to win it in a bar full of your own fans because of the atmosphere but it is SO sweet seeing it in front of a bunch of butthurts.

So unfortunately i couldn't participate with you all yesterday as i was at a Superbowl party in London, would just like to say i was part of a crowd of hundreds of people in the venue and probably 90-95% cheering on Atlanta (most of them weren't Falcons fans but rather people there just to hate on the Pats). They were mocking Brady all game, insulting all the Pats fans in attendance, anti Patriot chants all game, going ballistic every time Atlanta did anything remotely good.

I can't stress to you how sweet the silence and anguish their faces was to me and the others who suffered abuse all game as the minority of Pats fans in that place lost our minds at the end of the game.

Oh and to top it off after the winning TD i proceeded to jump on stage in front of the 2 big screens, held up five fingers and kissed every single one of them and waved to all the salty faces that were leaving the place.

Again while it's unfortunate i couldn't go along for the ride with the gameday thread i'd just like to say the absence was well worth it and mention as i did after the Seahawks game a few years ago that i love you all out there and GO PATS! :D

So much awesome in one post! Thanks for sharing. Go Pats!!!!!

Some of the idiots i encountered are unreal but i'd had a few to drink so i was mellow about it and i think i only ever said to one of them 'i dont see your team playing in this game' and the guy shrugged his shoulders and walked away. Truth hurts sometimes.

I wouldn't swap the night for anything, like i said it's great to win it in a bar full of your own fans because of the atmosphere but it is SO sweet seeing it in front of a bunch of butthurts.

Oh yeah man, it sounds sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes