PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Video: Ben Watson's tackle [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFLN just showed the Watson crossfield run

Such an amazing play, and it was a touchback. So many woulda coulda shouldas from that game, it still stings--next up would have been Pittsburgh, I think we all know how that would have worked out.

Works hard, looks good in a bathing suit = Yes
Can stay healthy, can block, is a reliable pass receiver = No

Works hard, looks good in a bathing suit = Yes
Can stay healthy, can block, is a reliable pass receiver = No

cstjohn17
knows a lot about football = No
Is still in high school = Yes

imagine Ben Watson at LB? 6"3 255 ..very strong..4.4 speed. oh lord. and shedding blocks? Hes a TE..he uses his hands

i still love him @ TE though. Hes a terrific athlete and a very nice/cool guy

Re: Video: Ben Watson's tackle

That was a great tackle but that is one game I want to forget about in every way.

Forgetting leads to setting yourself up for the same exact problem later.

Remembering leads to not making the same mistakes twice (if you're good enough.)

again...GREAT GREAT GREAT play ! awesome ! impossible to forget !

cstjohn17
knows a lot about football = No
Is still in high school = Yes

Some of that is true, although high school is long gone.

What is your summary of Watson?

Yeah I remember that play I was there too. But what I also remember was the fumble by hobbs that he could have ran in for a td, a fumble caused by the kicker, I also remember a couple muffed punts by troy brown, and I also remember how almost every broncos punt was downed inside our own 5, so its a game id rather forget

Yeah I remember that play I was there too. But what I also remember was the fumble by hobbs that he could have ran in for a td, a fumble caused by the kicker, I also remember a couple muffed punts by troy brown, and I also remember how almost every broncos punt was downed inside our own 5, so its a game id rather forget
Cstjohn17 what an idiot I've seen footage of ben watson clocking rodney harrison in training camp, supposedly one of the leauges hardest hitter. I've seen him make great catches, he's an excellent option but with the talen at receiver this year especially welker in the slot his services haven't been needed as much, he's an excellent TE, a very good blocker, and an all around excellent player

What really impressed me about that video was how well-spoken, and polite Watson was, too often we see NFL players like Phillip Rivers or T.O., it makes me proud to be a Pats fan. (But I got 15 other reasons :D)

imagine Ben Watson at LB? 6"3 255 ..very strong..4.4 speed. oh lord. and shedding blocks? Hes a TE..he uses his hands

i still love him @ TE though. Hes a terrific athlete and a very nice/cool guy
Not to mention a genius level IQ (from all I've read). Ben went to Duke on an academic scholarship before transferring over to Georgia.

Cstjohn17 what an idiot I've seen footage of ben watson clocking rodney harrison in training camp, supposedly one of the leauges hardest hitter. I've seen him make great catches, he's an excellent option but with the talen at receiver this year especially welker in the slot his services haven't been needed as much, he's an excellent TE, a very good blocker, and an all around excellent player

He is big, strong and fast but his production has not been close to his potential.

In 4 seasons he has averaged 10 games per year and 28 catches per season, 3 TDs per year. I didn't look to see but I suspect these are slightly above league averages for an NFL TE but while short of elite players.

His blocking is below average and he has had issues with drops and fumbles.

Hopefully he is healthy in the playoffs because he is one more weapon for Brady, but lets not make him out as a pro bowl player just because he ran fast on one play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back