PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very sad news: RIP Joker

This is very sad news and a huge blow to this community. I hope you found peace, Joker. Hopefully we can all continue to honor him by unleashing some explicit tirades against all things NFL management whenever possible. When I think of him, I picture Billy Walsh calling E a suit sellout and going off the rails.
I’ll do my best, but my sarcasm and wit are no match for his.

That sucks. I always liked Joker. He frequently made me laugh. Many times intentionally. I have been on this board for nearly two decades and Joker is one of the few people who were here at my very beginning who was still around. He will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace to Joker. He was here for so long and such a unique guy and a big loss for the forum. Condolences to any loved ones of his.

Will always miss his relentless disdain for the New York Jets and Roger Goodell.

Last edited:
I didn't know him personally, but his posts were always a notch above the rest, many times using humor as a replacement for negativity. As @patfanken said, whenever he liked my posts, it was the ultimate validation as a pats fan. I've been a fan for 30 years and a member here for 15, but his approval always felt like he was saying, "that's the right way to be a fan, young padawan."

I think the idea of a compilation of joker posts would be a good idea, just to remind us of how to be a valuable contributer to this site.

It's no exaggeration to say we've all lost something special in our lives with the passing of @Joker. If you're passionate about the Pats and a regular visitor to this site, reading Joker's rants and opinions was a spice that elevated the whole experience. I sincerely already found myself missing his posts in the last week as the season kicked off and I was wondering where he was.

I loved reading what that guy had to say. One of a kind to say the least. I can only imagine the impact he had on those who knew him in life.

Number One Horror GIF by lilcozynostril

R.I.P. Joker ...
So thankful of your presence here and the joy and laughter you brought to my days.
I have been here since 1999 and it seems he was here also since then ...
Wherever he is now ... I am sure they will love him and his humor ... thank you Joe Kerr.

Passing Rest In Peace GIF by GIPHY Studios 2023

The “Jets Suck” yearly thread should be named in his honor or dedicated to him in some way from here on out.

He’d like that,
Seconded! @Tunescribe make it happen!

The thread title has been adjusted accordingly. Pending a better option I'll play around with it further.

I just noticed that Joker and I joined Patsfans within 11 days of each other in October, 2004. Hard to believe it's been 19 years.

Last edited:
I appreciate this Joker post far more now then I did at the time…

On a side note…listening to all the Joker stories…it would be cool to have meet-ups around the US and elsewhere for game day. I’m partial to Patriots bars myself. We’ll pop one in honor of Joker.

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back