PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Prince Aaron demands Packers fire GM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy his debates. Put him on ignore if he bothers you.
It's amazing how much bleeds through even with him on ignore. The terrier snorting coke mindless death grip on the discussion can't be defeated by the ignore function.

I know this is a football forum but I enjoy any and all discussions that come up here. I'm never too old to learn and I thought that you and Ring-6 were very informative. Unfortunately, there are too many posters who want to dictate to others what should be discussed and by whom, rather than simply ignoring what or who they don't like.
There's a big difference between going to new restaurants because you want to be exposed to new things vs going back to restaurants you already know are bad.

Don’t worry - everyone already knew this. You’re an uninformed, know-it-all windbag with no interest in learning anything. And your worst quality is you take yourself so seriously. Go to another thread and **** your pants there instead.
:thumbsup:

It's amazing how much bleeds through even with him on ignore. The terrier snorting coke mindless death grip on the discussion can't be defeated by the ignore function.

There's a big difference between going to new restaurants because you want to be exposed to new things vs going back to restaurants you already know are bad.

So don't go back for the bad food (don't get into debates) if you don't like it. I don't care at all for Indian food but I wouldn't try to stop others from eating it if they wanted it.

The ignore feature is one of the best things about this site. Not only does it leave the ignored poster out it lets you know who else is responding to that poster and allows you to skip that also. I couldn't survive here without it.

Sure I’m watching you exhibit it.
If that's true, then game theory is just a buzz word and has nothing to do with economic theory.

If that's true, then game theory is just a buzz word and has nothing to do with economic theory.
And it's Galeb around the final corner and down the home stretch by 6 furlongs with the Ghost of Andy spitting his bit.

And it's Galeb around the final corner and down the home stretch by 6 furlongs with the Ghost of Andy spitting his bit.

Ghost of Andy will never accept defeat and will instead fashion for its lonely self, a paper mache victory wreath and trophy cup composed of discarded betting slips. It will march off grandiosely, forever and delusionally convinced that it won the race, and all other races, by a technicality.

At first I thought "wow Aaron Rodgers is acting like a dbag" but as I thought about it is it that different than Brady in 2018-2019?

He didn't like the state of the team around him and wanted a contract extension. Didn't get the extension and was unhappy and negotiated the ability to not be franchised. Brady acted miserable all 2019, also skipped OTAs. We know now that wasn't about "family time" as he attended OTAs in Tampa the following year.

This isn't to attack Brady. Just saying it's hard to say "Brady was right to demand out" while criticizing Rodgers for essentially doing the same thing. Just more publicly.

Only difference is Patriots granted Brady his desire and didn't have leverage in terms of a contract. Also not sure if brady's personality would've made this public.

I will say though Rodgers texting wood be free agents not to sign with the Packers is bad. If this is about you not being happy with the team not getting you help. Why turn guys away?

At first I thought "wow Aaron Rodgers is acting like a dbag" but as I thought about it is it that different than Brady in 2018-2019?

He didn't like the state of the team around him and wanted a contract extension. Didn't get the extension and was unhappy and negotiated the ability to not be franchised. Brady acted miserable all 2019, also skipped OTAs. We know now that wasn't about "family time" as he attended OTAs in Tampa the following year.

This isn't to attack Brady. Just saying it's hard to say "Brady was right to demand out" while criticizing Rodgers for essentially doing the same thing. Just more publicly.

Only difference is Patriots granted Brady his desire and didn't have leverage in terms of a contract. Also not sure if brady's personality would've made this public.

I will say though Rodgers texting wood be free agents not to sign with the Packers is bad. If this is about you not being happy with the team not getting you help. Why turn guys away?
The Packers would lowballing Rodgers? Haven't dug deeply into it, but I thought they were offering him top of market money.

He's trying to turn guys away because he actually is a dbag. Your first impression was correct.

Rodgers signed a huge extension and I believe is halfway through that. If he refuses to honor that contract I wonder if he'll owe the Packers any bonus money.

But it beats engaging him directly. The bottom line is that life's too short to indulge someone's insatiable need for self-validation.

This has to be the wildest thread in PatsFans history. We went from talking about Aaron Rodgers retiring or being traded to his possible homosexuality to the AT&T girls awesome, rocking tits to automation in the workplace to Marxism. What in the actual **** happened here?

View attachment 32757
How about......

I know this is a football forum but I enjoy any and all discussions that come up here. I'm never too old to learn and I thought that you and Ring-6 were very informative. Unfortunately, there are too many posters who want to dictate to others what should be discussed and by whom, rather than simply ignoring what or who they don't like.

I’ll talk about anything

Seems in retrospect RKK and TB12 handled the end game about as well as it could be handled. The end result was a contract that not just waived the franchise tag but also provided voidable years so we could try to keep the band together for one last year. As we know that was a disappointing season despite the 12-4 record. We took the one year salary cap hit last year, showed up with a lot of space this year just as the cap dropped. Worked out as well as it could.

I don't think such a thing is possible in GB. There is no actual owner, just an club president appointed by the BoD. It seems like the scouting side of the operation has a lot of power. They like to think their key to success is talent evaluation and drafting. The GM, Gutekunst, was hired into the scouting operation and rose through the ranks to become GM. Seems like he is in over his head when it comes to executive level issues such as keeping a star player who has made billions for your outfit inline. The coach says he didn't know the rookie QB was going to be drafted till after it happened. Players see that kind of stuff and realize the coach has no juice in the organization, makes his job harder. Seems to be a slow motion train wreck there in GB.

As for texting other players not to come, I can see this two ways. (1) He's just being honest, he really can't recommend others join such a messed up operation. (2) He is using one of the few levers he has to shoot his way out of town. Since he can't do anything else due to the contract he signed, this is what he does. It shows that he is petty and untrustworthy, but this has been the formula in the NBA for a while now, sign a big contract and when things don't go to your liking, whine and b*tch and drag your feet till they have to get rid of you.

From Aaron's point of view, he just came off a MVP season and he's not likely to repeat, so this year will be looked at as a step down. His peak leverage / negotiating power is right now. He ain't getting younger either. If he plays this year and it's anything but a MVP season he'll be seen as an old guy who is in decline, kinda like what was being said about Brady.

The issue is the timing is dreadful. Pretty much all the teams have shot their wad when it comes to money and draft picks. It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Sure I’m watching you exhibit it.

You’re on the part of the chart that’s too stupid to realize you’re stupid.

Admission is on the path to healing Andy along with the truth as to why you changed your name.

c’mon, Andy.....you can do it

Last edited:
You’re on the part of the chart that’s too stupid to realize you’re stupid.

Admission is on the path to healing Andy along with the truth as to why you changed your name.

c’mon, Andy.....you can do it

He's not stupid. Some of the mental acrobatics he performs in defending his positions are genuinely impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back