PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Prince Aaron demands Packers fire GM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are y'all so insistent on doing a godawful job of discussing economics and politics in a thread about Aaron Rodgers, when you should be posting more about Lily?

Lily-From-ATT-1.jpg.pro-cmg.jpg
I thought you meant this Lily.
Oh My God Omg GIF by Laff

To a thoughtful, nuanced view, the criticism of corporations and the damage they do doesn't necessarily equate to communism. Communism demands a violent revolution by the masses, an idea that simply leads to replacing one set of wealthy ruling class with another. It also requires an extreme consolidation of power, and massive reduction in peoples' rights. These are just a couple of the fundamental aspects of Communism that I find destructive.
Ok so you don’t understand what communism is, bit evidently you can cut and paste from Wikipedia.
There is no wealthy class in a communist system. (Unless there is corruption but that is corruption not communism)
Communism is the banging together of citizens to give control of resources, the means of production of goods and services into the hands of government, so that everyone shares equally in the labor and fruits of the labor. This has ultimately failed everywhere it has been tried because there is no incentive to achieve and disincentive to work hard.
It does, however, create a greater opportunity for corruption.
Capitalism, although truly damaging now,
how is capitalism damaging? Especially now? We are in the greatest stretch in history of innovation, of growth of opportunity. Capitalism creates this, capitalism says that if you as a consumer think a product sucks, you don’t buy it so they must improve the product or get replaced by competition. Capitalism is the consumers best friend. The average American has more and better quality possessions than anywhere at any time in history.
A child born poor today in America has a better chance, by many multitudes to be one wealthy than anywhere at any time in history.
What damage are you talking about?

did serve a vital role in history, something Communism likely couldn't have accomplished. It drove human technology and development to a point where we could virtually eliminate scarcity and employ, clothe, house and feed everyone relatively easily. That was over 100 years ago, but unfortunately, we chose profit instead
Wait do profit is bad? You want an economy where no one profits? Why would anyone work? How would we accomplish anything, where would innovation come from?
What I do believe, is that systems of government and economics that were designed before the steam engine was invented are ill-equipped to deal with modern civilization.
there weren’t “designed”. They evolved. No one gave an edict that America is capitalist. You could take 100 people and go out and buy a plot of land, and create a commune where everyone is equal and everyone shares equally regardless of who puts in more effort, or who is more responsible for success. You could have your only communist government. The problem is there would be no incentive for Jimmy to work harder than joe and ultimately you would have a lazy society blaming each other for their poverty.
The Amish community are not capitalists. They live in America.

Our level of technology grants us the ability to employ, house, feed and cloth virtually everyone on Earth while creating quality goods that last decades, and close loop recycling and manufacturing processes that produces very little waste. Instead, we leave huge swaths of the planet in squalor while creating cheap products designed to fail within just a few years. We're transforming this planet that gives us life into a toxic junkyard, all for the profit of a tiny class of elites.
We have that because of capitalists. Take the capitalists profit away to give as handouts and the capitalist stops building the society that created the situation that you want to reverse by giving things away.
Heck, just look at the nature of people produced today. With all our knowledge and technology, instead of producing thoughtful, empathic independent thinkers, we chose to produce selfish, spiteful ultra-consumers that fall into one of two spoon-fed ideologies that divide us and cause tremendous damage. When the average person is good and thoughtful, the wealth distribution isn't nearly so out-of-whack.
We don’t “choose to produce” peoples character. People are what they are. It seems your problem is you don’t like people and want them to act differently than their nature.
I see plenty of thoughtful, empathetic, independent thinkers every day, and most of them are working really hard and making a nice life for themselves. They are also consumers who worked to obtain the items that afford them a happy and comfortable life. I see none that are spiteful.
In your grand plan, it appears that you want me to work harder to get less so that the guy who doesn’t want to work that hard has as much as me. That will fail. Every single time.
So feel free to call me a commie to justify your perspective. Although it's not even close to the truth, you can at least tell you self that you won an argument and that you actually hit a triple.
Oh you are but I see why it offends you because you don’t know what a communist is. You think a communist is a corrupt politician where in reality a communist is a person with your beliefs. Your connotation of communist = evil is wrong. Ultimately a communist is someone who wants to sit around the camp fire barefoot singing kumbaya while the fruit of everyone labors is divided equally. You communist beliefs are actually empathetic and altruistic. They just aren’t sound and realistic.
The problem is humans are what they are and there is no chance that something like they would ever succeed.

Why are y'all so insistent on doing a godawful job of discussing economics and politics in a thread about Aaron Rodgers, when you should be posting more about Lily?

Lily-From-ATT-1.jpg.pro-cmg.jpg
1620407164277.jpeg

Personally, I like this look the best...

1620407449721.jpeg

Me:
1620407589399.png

No matter how melodramatic your post is you're still wrong.

You're not competing with cheap labor and subsidized companies overseas without automation.

You can't argue about McDonald's widgets without discussing their distribution facilities, vendor support chains, who most assuredly utilize automation to manufacture burger boxes etc... because if they didn't someone else would and so on and so on.

Your views are a narrow minded focus on a cashier at Micky D's losing his job to a self checkout lane.

If manufacturing companies do not automate they won't be able to compete. If they can't compete they shut down. Jobs gone.
See this is where you get yourself all bollaxed up. You don’t think. You just say what you think, find any response as something you must disagree with to save face, and put zero effort into understanding the discussion.

At no point did I say automation was bad.
I said automation results in labor reductions. That’s a fact.
There is a limit to demand. Increasing production per employee has to, as an iron clad fact, reduce employees unless demand increases.
Across markets, across the globe, across the world economy demand is finite.
You keep pushing to ball over to no one within a subset has to lose their job and ignoring that means someone outside the subset has to.

Here is an example.
Amazon is already using delivery drones. Before long it will be the standard. How many delivery people will lose their jobs? Amazon can’t sell more because of a delivery system (at least not more than a nominal change due to speed.... yet that cuts into retail sales and costs some of those employees a job)
If it took as many employees to mange the drones as the number of delivery people riffed then it would be automation it would net zero gain so why bother? The ONLY reason to use drones is because it is cheaper, so the labor cost has to go down by more than the equipment cost, therefore it is certainly a cut in the workforce.
So to follow your argument, Amazon could take those employees and open a bank. And again there is a finite demand for banking so you are simply taking a business away from someone else and cutting their workforce.
Your final argument is you do away with delivery drivers so you can make them executives who invent new products. Lol

The next guy that engages Andy in economics debate is getting a beat down. You guys are ruining a perfectly good thread about Aaron Rodgers, his sexuality, nerd chicks, and the AT&T girl.

Seriously tho, there's a cliché about wrestling with pigs that comes to mind. You are never gonna convince him of a differing POV.

Joe Kerr's Ideas for a better country/world

1)The violent crime problem..as we all can see, violence is rising exponentially as Soros moles seek to flood our big city streets with violent incarcerated criminals. Solution....construct a biosphere on the moon. Using technology we have TODAY, a sustainable habitat can be constructed using modular models, whereupon expansion becomes a non issue.

YOU **** up...you go to the moon. You murder? You rob, loot,rape and run amok in free society? Moon. Once you go, you can't EVER come back.

Crime plummets. End of story.

2) You wanna play Comrade "This time for sure!" Bullwinkle?...OK, let's sit it out a few decades while terraforming and habitat construction are implemented on Mars. Populate the colony with people willing to live in a true communist society and study if it works IN PRACTICE. If it works on Mars, then you have the data to make it work here.

Personally, I'm a decadent capitalist and I'll die one but whatever floats YOUR boat is fine with me...decades from now.
You are stating this in a society that is now debating that policing should be eliminated or if not
1) they can never pull anyone over because bad things might happen
2) they cannot pursue a vehicle
3) they cannot pursue on foot
4) it has become common and acceptable for people to obscure there faces in puckic

So your moon would be vacant because if you commit a crime with a mask to hide your face,then run away, no one is allowed to pursue you on foot, then you can hop in your car and get away faster because no one can pursue you in a car either.

In addition to this we have many municipalities who have stated and proposed laws that state the victim
is expected to hand over anything a thief requests, and if an injury or death occurs because they refused, the victim is responsible because they are obligated by law to let the thief take whatever they want.

The next guy that engages Andy in economics debate is getting a beat down. You guys are ruining a perfectly good thread about Aaron Rodgers, his sexuality, nerd chicks, and the AT&T girl.

Seriously tho, there's a cliché about wrestling with pigs that comes to mind. You are never gonna convince him of a differing POV.
I go away for a few hours, after saying this is the wrong forum, so agree to disagree and come back to responses to my posts, responses that butcher any understanding at all of the topic, and blatantly try to engage me. Last I checked those people didn’t need your permission to engage nor did I to respond.
I am open to any POV, but im not going to agree with someone who has no clue what they are talking about. It’s not even nuance, it’s thinking 2+2= 8,454,321

You are stating this in a society that is now debating that policing should be eliminated or if not
1) they can never pull anyone over because bad things might happen
2) they cannot pursue a vehicle
3) they cannot pursue on foot
4) it has become common and acceptable for people to obscure there faces in puckic

So your moon would be vacant because if you commit a crime with a mask to hide your face,then run away, no one is allowed to pursue you on foot, then you can hop in your car and get away faster because no one can pursue you in a car either.

In addition to this we have many municipalities who have stated and proposed laws that state the victim
is expected to hand over anything a thief requests, and if an injury or death occurs because they refused, the victim is responsible because they are obligated by law to let the thief take whatever they want.
Uh..I'm assuming a shift back to center norms and laws enacted and enforced by our society that demands an end to the insane criminality currently on display in every larger metropolitan area in the country. Jackie Gleason was right...boom, zoom MOON!

I go away for a few hours, after saying this is the wrong forum, so agree to disagree and come back to responses to my posts, responses that butcher any understanding at all of the topic, and blatantly try to engage me. Last I checked those people didn’t need your permission to engage nor did I to respond.
I am open to any POV, but im not going to agree with someone who has no clue what they are talking about. It’s not even nuance, it’s thinking 2+2= 8,454,321
Kendall Jenner Joke GIF

Claudia Selvaggia....I want her to hurt me so bad...

0c312095.jpg

3c312095.jpg
Heavenly body, butter face. Wouldnt throw her out of bed, those long legs, marone.

Hah. I see a clam in that pic. Looks like a fat one. @Joker as much as I hate to see it go, you might want to take that second one down before Ian sees it and shuts down our fun.

You don’t think. You just say what you think, find any response as something you must disagree with to save face, and put zero effort into understanding the discussion.
Andy, you should never accuse anyone of this ever. Even if that is what they are doing, you've literally been doing this exact thing, hours a day, for at least a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST