PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unpopular Opinions

miloofcroton

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Share your unpopular opinions about draft prospects....

I'll start. Max Scharping is a Pro Bowl offensive lineman.

Jeffery Simmons is not a bad guy. He seems to be meek and nice man.

Brian Burns is the top edge rusher in the draft

Penny Hart is the best WR in this class
Ok, just kidding.

Rashaun Gary is over-rated. Workout warrior and is going to be
a clubhouse lawyer. Buyer beware.

5-8, 180 at the senior bowl.

In all seriousness, I think he athletically profiles as a deep threat, and that's a tough sell for a 5'8" guy. He's high cut and doesn't look that great in side to side movements, so he's kinda without a position. I think he would excel on a WCO team that runs tons of crossers and deep shots, like the Falcons/Redskins/49ers. I just wouldn't want him in a finesse offense like we have.

In all seriousness, I think he athletically profiles as a deep threat, and that's a tough sell for a 5'8" guy. He's high cut and doesn't look that great in side to side movements, so he's kinda without a position. I think he would excel on a WCO team that runs tons of crossers and deep shots, like the Falcons/Redskins/49ers. I just wouldn't want him in a finesse offense like we have.

Not sure I agree but that’s the joy of this time of the year. I can’t get the image of him destroying Nasir Adderley at the Senior Bowl out of my head. I think Hart would do fine in the slot.

Deebo Samuel is a poor man's Cordarrelle Patterson. Not a bad thing per say....just not in the first or second round.

Most of Josh Allen's big plays were against slow LTs where he beat them around the edge. His game isn't going to translate to the pros. I didn't see other moves or the ability/will to bull rush.

He also seemed to make a lot of plays where the offense simply screwed up. You could say he was smart for picking up on what the offense did wrong but that also happens a lot less in the pros.

Share your unpopular opinions about draft prospects....

I'll start. Max Scharping is a Pro Bowl offensive lineman.

He's on every Pats mock I've drawn up so far. OK, that's a total of two, but still. :)

Does it count as an unpopular opinion that the Pats will target interior OL and LB relatively early?

He's on every Pats mock I've drawn up so far. OK, that's a total of two, but still. :)

Does it count as an unpopular opinion that the Pats will target interior OL and LB relatively early?

I think a few of us are on board with interior OL early. Not sure about LB though.

I would say that targeting interior lineman is definitely an unpopular opinion because Thuney, Andrews, and Mason are rock solid and healthy. We might need someone soon, but it seems a bit weird for us to waste a high pick on a guy that definitely won't play as a rookie.

Most of Josh Allen's big plays were against slow LTs where he beat them around the edge. His game isn't going to translate to the pros. I didn't see other moves or the ability/will to bull rush.

He also seemed to make a lot of plays where the offense simply screwed up. You could say he was smart for picking up on what the offense did wrong but that also happens a lot less in the pros.
I wish I could hit all the reaction buttons for this... Like, Agree, Useful!

I'm all good with it though. The more of these overrated 'body beautiful' prospects that people talk up, the more that the actual talent will slip down in the draft.

I would say that targeting interior lineman is definitely an unpopular opinion because Thuney, Andrews, and Mason are rock solid and healthy. We might need someone soon, but it seems a bit weird for us to waste a high pick on a guy that definitely won't play as a rookie.

And yet, Dante and Chris Lindstrom are now BFFs. ;)

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back