PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uh, Oh..... McMillan on IR......GONE

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder how the Pats were able to sign Frisker when they had 90 signed (assuming the draft picks). Well know we know. PFT just posted that RMcMillan just got put on IR. He CANNOT play this season for the Patriots, though he can play for another team if released.

I had great hopes for him as a faster more athletic version of Bently when he resigned. I'm not sure why this had to be such a draconian situation, whatever the injury. It's a LONG time before the season starts, why couldn't they wait? I'm HOPING that Mapu looks SOOO good in OTA's that McMillan became redundant. Talk about optimism.

Wonder how the Pats were able to sign Frisker when they had 90 signed (assuming the draft picks). Well know we know. PFT just posted that RMcMillan just got put on IR. He CANNOT play this season for the Patriots, though he can play for another team if released.

I had great hopes for him as a faster more athletic version of Bently when he resigned. I'm not sure why this had to be such a draconian situation, whatever the injury. It's a LONG time before the season starts, why couldn't they wait? I'm HOPING that Mapu looks SOOO good in OTA's that McMillan became redundant. Talk about optimism.
Poor guy just can’t catch a damn break. That sucks. I wonder if they were unsure and that’s the reason for the Wilson re-signing?

Poor guy just can’t catch a damn break. That sucks. I wonder if they were unsure and that’s the reason for the Wilson re-signing?

Yeah I was a little surprised they re-signed both of them this off-season; maybe this is why.

Gotta feel bad for the dude; and what's worse is it means that Jalopy Tavai has an even firmer grip on his job here.

Actually, He could play this season for the Pats. Just would have to wait past the number of games an Injury Settlement was for.

This is a bummer man.. I feel bad for the guy.. But I am glad now that we brought back every other LB and drafted Mapu.

wait, didn't they have to cancel their practice because of the penalty? And they practiced anyways and McMillan snapped his Achilles?

The Pats might not have another draft pick until 2030

They will get exposed in the passing game which is nothing new.

McMillan wasn't going to help in that area either.
Im not sure about that but it’s safe to criticize now that he’s down and out.

Should've addressed MLB this offseason. Bentley and Tavai are a bad combo. They will continue to get exposed against competent teams.
Have to think Bentley is the worst “top guy” among off line LBs for any Belichick Pat’s team. Now going on multiple years in a row.

Have to think Bentley is the worst “top guy” among off line LBs for any Belichick Pat’s team. Now going on multiple years in a row.
He’s been playing well the past couple years but I don’t think it’s a high mark regarding talent at that position for the Patriots in recent decades. Even in the 90’s I’d take Ted Johnson.

He’s been playing well the past couple years but I don’t think it’s a high mark regarding talent at that position for the Patriots in recent decades. Even in the 90’s I’d take Ted Johnson.
Yeah I don’t mean to completely shat on him, he’s not a bad guy to have. Just a far cry from how spoiled we’ve been having the likes of Bruschi, Mayo, Hightower, etc leading the way at LB.

Yeah I don’t mean to completely shat on him, he’s not a bad guy to have. Just a far cry from how spoiled we’ve been having the likes of Bruschi, Mayo, Hightower, etc leading the way at LB.

I agree. With the drafting of Mapu, I think the Pats are indicating that finding Mayo or Bruschi is not going to be easy, so they will go with Bentley and Mapu (equivalent to Matt Milano).

Myles Jack still probably still hates us over that playoff game years ago.

Deion Jones definitely could be an interesting option still.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back