Uh...Atlanta is the favorite at -4.5?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Shocked the Falcons are the favorites vs Green Bay, I remember they were a home underdog as the #1 seed vs #6 Packers back in 2010. If I knew a bookie I'd be all over this. Noway Atlanta stops Rodgers.

Shocked the Falcons are the favorites vs Green Bay, I remember they were a home underdog as the #1 seed vs #6 Packers back in 2010. If I knew a bookie I'd be all over this. Noway Atlanta stops Rodgers.
At home, in great form, potentially the league MVP at the helm. It's not as silly as it sounds.

At home, in great form, potentially the league MVP at the helm. It's not as silly as it sounds.
4.5 though? If Atlanta is favorite it outta be closer to like 1...If they win I can't imagine it's by more than 4.

Misread post, disregard

How will GB stop Ryan?

A rookie QB shredded GB last week. What do people think Ryan will do?

How will GB stop Ryan?
I don't think they will but, when it comes down to the end of the game I'm taking Rodgers over Ryan for sure. There will be a lot of Packers fans there too, so homefield isn't even really a big thing here. If Atlanta wins this it'll probably be by like 3.

You do realize they already faced each other earlier in the season and Atlanta wound up winning, right? - albeit by 1 point, but still.... a win is a win. Spreads are meaningless IMO.... they are the result of people opinions of what MIGHT happen. Means jack, really.

this game is gonna break the scoreboard

Atlanta's offense at home? they're going to get their points ...... as is Green Bay

a tossup if I've ever seen one, but Ryan has alot of targets

Rogers is the better QB, but we're not talking that much greater. Atlanta has more weapons and balance on offense and they both have an injured star WR. Though, Julio is probably in better shape than Nelson.

Atlanta has a better defense (or playing better over 2nd half of the season). To me the main difference comes down to Atlanta having a RB and more options.

Green Bay's secondary is terrible and Atlanta actually has a run game with real RB's. Atlanta's defense is trash, making this game about both offenses. It's not as if Rodgers is walking in there and countering a rookie. He is playing against the guy that will probably win the MVP.

Not sure I would lay the chaulk on the spread but any O/U at or below 62 is an over all day. This could be another GB/Arizona video game score from several years ago.

You do realize they already faced each other earlier in the season and Atlanta wound up winning, right? - albeit by 1 point, but still.... a win is a win. Spreads are meaningless IMO.... they are the result of people opinions of what MIGHT happen. Means jack, really.
I'm just surprised people think that will happen. I would think name alone on Rodgers would push the spread for Green Bay. 4.5 is a lot...I'd be nervous taking Atlanta straight up let alone 5 points..

I'm just surprised people think that will happen. I would think name alone on Rodgers would push the spread for Green Bay. 4.5 is a lot...I'd be nervous taking Atlanta straight up let alone 5 points..

I think that game could go either way, and I wouldn't be surprised with either outcome. Both teams have great offenses, with the edge going to Atlanta, especially if Jordy doesn't play (he's certainly not 100%). Their defenses cancel each other. It could come down to whomever has the ball last.

Atlanta will win, don't care how good Rodgers is playing he isn't keeping up with Ryan and that offense.

Well, Atlanta just gave the LOB a beat-down, so...

Consider:
Seattle was the 8th ranked passing defense in terms of yards per game
GB was 32nd

Atlanta was 27th, so as others have said this has the all the makings of a shoot-out.

I don't think they will but, when it comes down to the end of the game I'm taking Rodgers over Ryan for sure. There will be a lot of Packers fans there too, so homefield isn't even really a big thing here. If Atlanta wins this it'll probably be by like 3.

3 points make sense to me.

The Week 8 game was a battle. Birds won a by a point. Since then Rodgers is playing better and ATL D is playing better. No Jordy at 100% or not at all. ATL is missing Trufant so thats a wash.

Meh. Less than 10% of the fans will be cheeseheads.

Why? They are a better team and at home.

You DO know that Atlanta's #1 scoring offense (Patriots are #2.....99 points behind!) gets to play against Green Bay's #20 defense also in that game?

I still think GB will win, but it's not far fetched to see Atlanta handling them also.

the game wont be that close by the end, ATL will win it pretty relatively handilly and Rodgers will get exposed

i cant believe how many people are forgetting last week the 10 balls rodgers threw that were nowhere near a guy...he is too hit or miss, everyone is focusing only on his highlight reel plays

he was not consistent last week, and he won't be consistent this week, only one team can stop Atlanta and that is us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back