PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uh...Atlanta is the favorite at -4.5?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, GB will win. Atlanta doesn't belong at the big boys table.
IDK, Atlanta is a different team than in the past. I've never seen Ryan look as confident as he was last week against a much better defense than GB. Alex Mack has made a big difference in the OL, the RB tandem is awesome and if JJ is 80% Atlanta will be moving the ball. I would give them the 3 point home field and the other 1.5 is not a stretch. In a Super Bowl matchup I think Atlanta would be more formidable.

home team automatically gets 3pts, both teams are similar, so the spread sounds about right

Shocked the Falcons are the favorites vs Green Bay, I remember they were a home underdog as the #1 seed vs #6 Packers back in 2010. If I knew a bookie I'd be all over this. Noway Atlanta stops Rodgers.

shocked it isn't higher at home - i'd be more concerned with the Green Bay D having zero answer for Atlanta

I've been saying it for weeks, Atlanta is the real deal this year.....defense is marginal, but this is 2016's NFL

love the green bay magic, and i suspect this is the reason for the low line, as bettors love the green bay story, but i'd take the -4.5 and run with it

As great as Rodgers played on sunday, the packers almost lost and that means that another team could potentially beat them. Atlanta is equivalent to dallas but with a better offense and more experienced QB. If I were Atlanta, I would play ball control all game long by running with Devontae Freeman and Tevin Coleman and make rodgers sit on the sidelines. Green Bay is not very good against the run.

As great as Rodgers played on sunday, the packers almost lost and that means that another team could potentially beat them. Atlanta is equivalent to dallas but with a better offense and more experienced QB. If I were Atlanta, I would play ball control all game long by running with Devontae Freeman and Tevin Coleman and make rodgers sit on the sidelines. Green Bay is not very good against the run.

Dak was better (%comp and TD ratio and only 50 yds less) ...

Rodgers was great the first half.. Second half the mvp was the kicker ... Rodgers led his team to the 40 yds and let Crosby do the job (2x)

GB has one of the best D against the run and the second worst against the pass. But i can see Atlanta doing both pretty well.

If they can pressure Rodgers at all and without the running game Atlanta by 10

Shocked the Falcons are the favorites vs Green Bay, I remember they were a home underdog as the #1 seed vs #6 Packers back in 2010. If I knew a bookie I'd be all over this. Noway Atlanta stops Rodgers.

Atlanta is the slightly better team and at home. That is why. IDK why people are sleeping on Atlanta so much. They have done nothing in the past 6 or so games to make anyone doubt they are legit.

Also as others said their D has been slightly better than GBs. Yes Rodgers is hot right now but Ryan has been very good all year. Personally I do kinda expect the Falcons to win. 3 for home plus a 1.5 point favorite isn't an insult. The difference is Ryan doesn't need to do it all himself with his WRs. Rodgers does.

Packers laid the smackdown on the Falcons a couple of years ago at Atlanta in the playoffs so I suppose it's a fair opinion.

Atlanta's offense is going to have a field day against Green Bay. The only question really is who is going to get nervous and impatient watching the other team run up the score.

This is a game I'll stay away from being a betting man like myself! S*** might end up with a final score of 51-48

I would take the Falcons even with that spread. I don't see this game coming down to a field goal, and I think the Falcons are rightly favored. No one has been able to stop the Falcons offense this year, and the Packers defense was shredded by good but not great offenses like the Lions, Cowboys, Colts, Titans, and Redskins this season. They'll need Rodgers to play an A+ game to win, and it's going to be tough if Jordy Nelson isn't healthy.

4.5 though? If Atlanta is favorite it outta be closer to like 1...If they win I can't imagine it's by more than 4.
It is effectively 1.5, since Home Field gets 3.0 in a close call.

I'd have made the spread wider, maybe 5.5 or 6.0, around a FG + HF.

Ryan is on fire. Nelson will miss at least one more game. Home Field means something. The Pack has been running on Rodgers and adrenaline for weeks...sooner or later something's going to give. 4.5 will keep the money about even.

I'm not sure how the heck Dallas blew that game. Maybe they should have run the damn ball more? Atlanta's offense should overwhelm that Green Bay defense. If they can keep Rogers off the field they can win. I don't see them falling behind like Dallas did. I guess that is where their game plan got derailed.

No way Green Bay stops that offense. The line opened at 4. On a neutral field they think Atlantas is only a point better

By the way atlanta opened as a favorite in that game, and Green Bay had one of the better defenses in the league that year. Atlanta clearly has the best and most balanced offense, the spread isn't suprising to me

I see this game as I saw the Dallas game. Because atlantas D is so bad, I think it's a 3 or 4 point game either way. So I'll take Green Bay. Anything lower than 3 and I would take Atlanta

Rodgers is a great QB and physically the most talented QB in the league. He can do things on the field that wows people. Because of that, people get carried away when he's playing well. The Steelers won their last 8 regular season games, the Patriots won their last 7, and the Falcons their last 4, but all we hear about is how Rodgers won his last 6 and how amazing that is. People get carried away. The fact is Ryan had a better year and the Falcons are the better team. The 4.5 point spread is legit.

Teasing Green Bay 6 here is probably the only safe play. A reasonable teaser would be to tease Green Bay and the Patriots 6, so you're getting Green Bay +10.5 and the Patriots straight up. Sadly teasers become a lot less appealing in the championship game since you can't tease 3 games to get a decent payoff.

Teasing Green Bay 6 here is probably the only safe play. A reasonable teaser would be to tease Green Bay and the Patriots 6, so you're getting Green Bay +10.5 and the Patriots straight up. Sadly teasers become a lot less appealing in the championship game since you can't tease 3 games to get a decent payoff.

Hit a 6 team 7 point teaser again this week. That's my 4th or 5th this year. I have another 4 or 5 I went 5 outta 6 on. Funny thing is if I played all the games I teased this week in a regular parlay, I still would have one. That woulda been real nice. Not sure if I'm gonna do one this week. Although I got my over in the first game looked in at 60.5

Hit a 6 team 7 point teaser again this week. That's my 4th or 5th this year. I have another 4 or 5 I went 5 outta 6 on. Funny thing is if I played all the games I teased this week in a regular parlay, I still would have one. That woulda been real nice. Not sure if I'm gonna do one this week. Although I got my over in the first game looked in at 60.5

I try not to tease O/Us, the 6 points isn't worth as much there. I think teasing 6 to the Packers and the Steelers is probably the way to go to be safe, but I can't bring myself to bet on a team playing the Patriots, so I'll run a 2-team teaser with the Pack and Patriots. Payoff won't be much to talk about, though.

I would take the Falcons even with that spread. I don't see this game coming down to a field goal, and I think the Falcons are rightly favored. No one has been able to stop the Falcons offense this year, and the Packers defense was shredded by good but not great offenses like the Lions, Cowboys, Colts, Titans, and Redskins this season. They'll need Rodgers to play an A+ game to win, and it's going to be tough if Jordy Nelson isn't healthy.
Everyone is just riding Rodgers **** right now because of the Dallas game, I get that he made a great pass to Cook but he didn't have an otherworldly game or anything. Its kind of telling how people keep emphasizing the Dak pick but the one where Rodgers got picked throwing into double coverage isnt mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back