PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UDFA tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have liked to see him come here, but I suppose Hill already fills his role.

I started noticing FB types a bit more this year after realizing that Develin turns 30 just before Camp and that his contract is up at the end of the season. I'm not saying that he's imminently gone, just another piece of the puzzle and another role to keep track of.

I hadn't thought of Hill in a FB role, but, yeah, maybe. Dwayne Allen might be another candidate, now that I think about it.

thanks mains for keeping track..

Thanks, but I'm really only highlighting what's already in the Twitter-feed sidebar.

Of course, the point for me is not just which UDFAs were signed, but also which prospects/players were released to make room. More potential Patriots in the pool. Of course, folks have to read the pieces in the links to find those names, and I'm somewhat doubtful that many do. ;)

And, of course, the Patriots rookie camp/tryout was scheduled to take place after those of several other teams. Hard to know if that was deliberate or not.

Anyway, besides the two left-footed punters who are scheduled for tryouts beginning Thursday, it's possible that a couple-three of these recent releases may get invites, too. Also, by my count, the Pats are reported to have "signed" 8 UDFA:

Herron - DT, LSU
Atkins - DT, Georgia
JC Jackson - DB, Maryland
AJ Moore - DB, Mississippi
Harris - Edge, Miami (FL)

Wimann - TE, Northern Illinois
Lacy - WR, Oklahoma State

*Webb - RB, Vanderbilt

Aside from Webb, whose bonus and guarantees have been announced, not all of these guys have actually been signed yet. Can't be, since (as even Kyed has noted) that would put the Pats roster at 91. So, one or more from the above list are actually tryouts, rather than signed.

Yeah. Andrews is new to the list. Smaller possession receiver. Caught an average of almost 7 receptions per game.
But lacks size and speed so wouldn’t appear to have a lot of special teams value. Had three punt returns for 10 total yards.

Yeah. Andrews is new to the list. Smaller possession receiver. Caught an average of almost 7 receptions per game.
But lacks size and speed so wouldn’t appear to have a lot of special teams value. Had three punt returns for 10 total yards.

5103/197 - nearly identical measurements to Edelman's. Due to his ACL recovery, no workout numbers for comparisons to others (aside from 19 bench reps, which is very good for a WR). The Pats must have seen something in the kid's game that they liked if they were willing to spend a roster spot on him without being able to get anything out of him until Camp.

John Jones is 5091/190 (or so) and has been an excellent special-teamer, so I wouldn't rule Andrews out for that kind of contribution.

5103/197 - nearly identical measurements to Edelman's. Due to his ACL recovery, no workout numbers for comparisons to others (aside from 19 bench reps, which is very good for a WR). The Pats must have seen something in the kid's game that they liked if they were willing to spend a roster spot on him without being able to get anything out of him until Camp.

John Jones is 5091/190 (or so) and has been an excellent special-teamer, so I wouldn't rule Andrews out for that kind of contribution.

Jones has blazing speed, which I'm not sure this guy has.

Darren Andrews | UCLA, WR : 2018 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

On what do you base your statement that he is slow? He couldn’t run at the combine or at the UCLA Pro Day but this link indicates the he ran a 4.52 forty at some point. That time is almost identical to Edelman’s pro day time and faster than both Welker and Amendola. We don’t know his 3 cone. His height is pretty typical of a slot guy (if that’s how they view him) and he weighed almost 200 lbs at his pro day, so he’s not slight by any means (which you can see on his highlight videos).

Jones has blazing speed, which I'm not sure this guy has.

Yeah. If this guy had ever run a 4.33 (like Jones) anywhere at any time, I'm sure we'd have heard about it. OTOH, a 4.50-4.55 (which wouldn't have drawn any notice) is probably plenty fast enough for most roles on ST aside from gunner.

Darren Andrews | UCLA, WR : 2018 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

On what do you base your statement that he is slow? He couldn’t run at the combine or at the UCLA Pro Day but this link indicates the he ran a 4.52 forty at some point. That time is almost identical to Edelman’s pro day time and faster than both Welker and Amendola. We don’t know his 3 cone. His height is pretty typical of a slot guy (if that’s how they view him) and he weighed almost 200 lbs at his pro day, so he’s not slight by any means (which you can see on his highlight videos).

Well, it is a highlight reel. OTOH, I see some very good adjustments to the ball in the air, and (except for the one play) quick upfield turns for YAC. Very good ball placement on most of those throws, too. Who was their QB, again? ... ;)

With all the rookie camps now concluded (I think), and with numerous UDFAs having been released back into the wild and replaced by others, and with the Pats now having had the chance to evaluate their own ... it wouldn't be surprising to see a roster move or two by the Pats this week.

To make room for Bojorquez, the Punter ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes