PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

U.S. Open & Tiger Woods

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Anyone watching Tiger gut it out today ... sore knee and all. Hitting shots looking like duck hooks off the tee because his knee was so sore. Barley hitting fairways ... struggling hole after hole to make putts and get up and down in 2.

So after being down by as much as 4 to Rocco Mediate Tiger eagles the final hole to be up by 1.

This week we were treated to two tremendous ... will to win performances. One by the Celtics and today by Tiger Woods ... I hope a few future athletes to be were watching.;)

Anyone watching Tiger gut it out today ... sore knee and all. Hitting shots looking like duck hooks off the tee because his knee was so sore. Barley hitting fairways ... struggling hole after hole to make putts and get up and down in 2.

So after being down by as much as 4 to Rocco Mediate Tiger eagles the final hole to be up by 1.

This week we were treated to two tremendous ... will to win performances. One by the Celtics and today by Tiger Woods ... I hope a few future athletes to be were watching.;)

I watched that yesterday, that was an awesome, gutsy performance. I hope the pain in his knee is manageable today so he can swing the club OK. It would suck to see it give out today.

It was amazing to watch. It was tough to see R. Mediate (sp?) struggle. He's been rolling along. But Tiger was just incredible.

His knee is definitely the x-factor for today. I hope it holds up.

Last edited:
Mediate up by 1 on with Woods & Westwood putting for birdies to tie him on the 18th. The 2008 US Open could not have asked for more. These 3 have been nip and tuck all day long ... amazing day for golf.

11 minutes to the Celtics ... a great Fathers Day ...

TIGER DRAINS THE 12 FOOTER TO TIE MEDIATE.... un-freaking-real ... :cool2:

The ball did a 1/2 swirl as it went in ... love watching Tiger.

Last edited:
That was insane. My heart was punding during the whole 18th.

I find golf boring when Woods is not playing, but for some reason mesmerized when he is on.. yesterday was terrifically gutsy all day, hole after hole had to bail himself out. My ass was glued to the chair. Having knee pain, can sympathize to an extent, but cannot imagine the brain turmoil every time he coils up and knows it is coming.

I suspect today, against Mediate, might play a different game.. a shorter one, keep it on the fairway and put away the driver.. particularly on the 1st and 2nd hole.

Play-off.
Rocco blown it on the 9th??

All square after 14 holes.
Great putt by Rocco on 13 for a birdie.

Last edited:
Wow! What a putt on the 15th by Rocco. Tiger can't match it.
Rocco 1 ahead going to the 16th.

They both par 16. Tiger misses a monster putt by 1/2".
Can Rocco hold it together over these last 2 holes?

Rocco holds it together on the 17th. Both players par the hole.
Tiger needs to pull something out of the bag on the 18th.

Tiger birdies the 18th and Rocco pars it. Sensational stuff!! Both players holding their nerve to close out.
Sudden death now.:eek:

Tiger wins his 3rd US Open and 14th major.:D Rocco very unlucky, a great competitor today and took Tiger all the way.
Nice pictures of Tiger and his daughter.

Tiger wins his 3rd US Open and 14th major.:D Rocco very unlucky, a great competitor today and took Tiger all the way.
Nice pictures of Tiger and his daughter.

I only had a chance to watch a few holes today ... the highlights look great. Rocco showed a lot of heart and determination ... too bad someone had to lose.

I only had a chance to watch a few holes today ... the highlights look great. Rocco showed a lot of heart and determination ... too bad someone had to lose.

I always root for Tiger since IMO he's the greatest golfer ever and I like seeing history but, today I found myself rooting for Rocco, seems like a down to earth guy and man, what guts, great stuff.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back