PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyrone McKenize not cut - but premature rumor that he was cut: Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pulling for Tyrone.....Good Luck Ty !

wow, that sucks. He was pretty good. Don't know why he didn't get much playing time.

They cut him and signed some useless QB from tenn who sucked?

If true, it's sad to hear -- Tyrone is the sort of guy who's easy to root for. But with 4 ILBs on the roster, not one of them over 24 years old, there's not a lot of developmental room.

Kind of blows, he seems like a good dude. I guess he wasn't doing enough on special teams to justify his roster spot. Hopefully he winds up on the practice squad.

That's an interesting interview with Mankins further down on that link.

And this is why you shouldn't call rookies with season ending injuries a "redshirt." I think not being able to practice with team greatly stunts their growth as seen with guys like Crable / McKenzie.

Kind of blows, he seems like a good dude. I guess he wasn't doing enough on special teams to justify his roster spot. Hopefully he winds up on the practice squad.

He's cut from the practice squad not the 53.

That sucks, I enjoyed reading his tweets.

He WAS on the PS.

Fletcher got the 4th ILB spot on the 53, Mckenzie was cut and resigned to PS.

Washington seems interesting coming out of 'Bama playing in a similar 3-4 system. 6'4 -290 DT/DE

Well they do have, Spikes, Mayo, Guyton, Fletcher, and White (does Fletcher/White play inside or outside?). Obviously Spikes, Mayo, and Guyton are ahead of him and Fletcher has shown some pretty good play.

That leaves White... is he really not any better than either Fletcher or White? If he's cut apparently not and I think the depth would be fine without him IF there is someone out there who can provide better value/depth for the team.

He's cut from the practice squad not the 53.

************ this team changes fast. Still a bummer to lose him. Of all the guys in the NFL who deserve big money (from a human point of view) it's Tyrone and his family.

White has been a stud on all four of the special team units so it is highly unlikely that he will be displaced, even if he is listed as a ILB.

wow, that sucks. He was pretty good. Don't know why he didn't get much playing time.

They cut him and signed some useless QB from tenn who sucked?

Yeah failure by Bellichick.:rolleyes:

He was pretty good and Bill missed that fact. :rolleyes:

You need to go back to Belichick 101. :wha:

Of all the guys in the NFL who deserve big money (from a human point of view) it's Tyrone and his family.

If he's been working his butt off, and just wasn't quite as good as the other guys, I'd wager that BB and/or the Kraft's make sure he's OK with a job somewhere, in football or out.

I guess we'll never know for sure, but can't help but wondering if that knee injury was more serious than we figured it to be? Difficulty in transitioning from 4-3 to 3-4? Trouble understanding concepts and assignments? Didn't stand out on special teams in practice, which is what a player who is not starting needs to do? Would be a better fit on another team with a different defensive scheme and style?

I know we're not talking about a first round draft pick, but we're not talking about a 7th rounder or undrafted free agent either. McKenzie was a third round draft pick just 18 months ago.

Interesting Brady comment in the next post (once you are on Reiss' page, under "Tom Brady on Randy Moss situation"):

"Whatever I want doesn’t happen anyway, so I just try to keep my mouth shut.""

------------------------------
Best line from Mankins, IMO:

"I’m not looking at it as if I’m early. I’m eight weeks late.”

Last edited:
I'll bet he lands on his feet for another team soon.

Love his story.. but just could not make it on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results