PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyrann Mathieu Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Chatham, career special teams player. Everytime you saw Chatham playing defense, you knew something bad would happen.

You’re talking yardage on punts, I’m talking field position. Pure yardage puts no context into the situational aspect of the punts.

It’s 1/3 of the game that directly influences the situation the remaining 2 phases, short of a turnover.

www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/2017/12/3/16725774/the-patriots-special-teams-are-special-again

from that article

That’s a huge advantage in field position, especially for the defense. While the Patriots have improved at keeping teams off the scoreboard, they still rank dead last in yards per drive and 26th in 3-and-outs per drive, per Football Outsiders. For a defense that is susceptible to giving up yards, field position is vitally important.

I just want to note that it may not have been the field position that was vitally important, but instead the fact that the field shortened as teams approached the red zone.

Matt Chatham, career special teams player.

And where has that gotten him, huh???? He can't even break into the broadcast booth with Roche and Fauria, and instead has to split time with Paul Perillo and Andy Hart in the Bob's Discount Studio.

And where has that gotten him, huh???? He can't even break into the broadcast booth with Roche and Fauria, and instead has to split time with Paul Perillo and Andy Hart in the Bob's Discount Studio.

I actually did not mind his podcast before the superbowl, listened to it while shoveling my driveway. He turned out to be very wrong, but it was a nice podcast defending the Patriots defense, which I knew wasn't that good, but I thought it was better than it showed in the Superbowl.

Yes... Brady the New England Sports Jesus..

He covers it all up. The shortcomings of WRs, RBs.. OL.. hell even the defense and coaching. **** he might even cover up the Krafts marketing screwups...

Did you ever maybe think that the OL is designed with Bradys quick release, footwork and subtle pocket movement in mind ? That maybe because the team knows Brady is capable of making the right decision in a very short amount of time and get pre/post snap reads right so they can get away with slightly cheaper parts on the OL ?

I never thought that because the Patriots never expended assets and resources on their OL other than at LT.

UDFAs, guys who didn't play in college, etc. I mean, come on! The OL's success is because of Brady.

I never thought that because the Patriots never expended assets and resources on their OL other than at LT.

UDFAs, guys who didn't play in college, etc. I mean, come on! The OL's success is because of Brady.

Mankins says hi

Mankins says hi

Yes, let's go back 20 years, you'll find a couple. Andruzzi, Compton, Grant Williams, Stephen Neal, Koppen, Andrews, Ashworth, Hochstein, Connolly, Wendell, Yates, Donald Thomas, Josh Kline, Fleming, etc. So, you're right. Vollmer, Mankins, Solder. But for every one of them, there are 5 guys who started and came out of nowhere. The point is, the vast majority owe everything to Tom Brady.

Mods pls change thread title to 'Post your bad opinions here.'

I don't know man, from what I've seen most people seem to like spreading them out. I know I do.

zd9DZ_s-200x150.gif

Yes, let's go back 20 years, you'll find a couple. Andruzzi, Compton, Grant Williams, Stephen Neal, Koppen, Andrews, Ashworth, Hochstein, Connolly, Wendell, Yates, Donald Thomas, Josh Kline, Fleming, etc. So, you're right. Vollmer, Mankins, Solder. But for every one of them, there are 5 guys who started and came out of nowhere. The point is, the vast majority owe everything to Tom Brady.

I agree overall but would consider Solder closer to the former. The Patriots have had exactly four All Pro offensive linemen in the Brady era: Matt Light, Dan Koppen, Logan Mankins, and Marcus Cannon. I wouldn't be shocked if Shaq Mason joins them next year. Other than that, it's been a patchwork line that Brady has made look far better through an ability to mitigate pressure that's without peer.

To the Texans on a 1 year deal.

GOD DAMNIT

We have no ****ing money

Edit -> WTF, 7 MI? You do some maneuver on the roster and make ways to sign him for this value.

Yeah, at that price I'm disappointed he isn't here. Would've helped this defense tremendously. Bummer.

On a one year deal, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to go play every defensive snap in Houston than to compete for snaps with three talented safeties in New England.

On a one year deal, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to go play every defensive snap in Houston than to compete for snaps with three talented safeties in New England.

And he’s closer to home. Prob would have cost more to come up here to play

Wow. Thought his market would have been higher - HE sure thought that.

If he was taking that kind of a discount, he should have called the Pats - better spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back