PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyler Seguin - Rich Peverley Traded to Dallas

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Report: Bruins trade Seguin to Stars - The Buzz - Boston.com sports news

The Bruins will send forward Tyler Seguin to Dallas in exchange for Loui Eriksson as part of a multi-player deal on Thursday, TSN reported.

Darren Dreger, who was first to report the deal was in the works, reported on Twitter the deal sends Seguin, Rich Peverley and minor-leaguer Ryan Button in exchange for Eriksson, Joe Morrow, Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser.
Not crazy about the trade but it must have something to do with the rumored 8 year contract for Bergeron and the Rask Contract. Perhaps they feel Jordan Caron is ready to be a regular RW in place of Seguin ... Eriksson is a LW ... same as Lucic and Marchand so there must be another shoe to drop unless someone is switching from LW to RW.

Lucic - Krejci - Eriksson

Marchand - Bergeron - Soderberg

Paille - Kelly - Caron

Just a thought or Caron on 2nd line and Soderberg on 3rd.

Last edited:
Not crazy about it either. Sequin had a very high ceiling and is still very young. They could end up eating this one big. Nice player in Eriksson though. Hope this pans out. He should do even better with more talent around him.

WOW . hes 21. I think I would have gave him another year or two to mature. this deal gives the bruins some cap flexibility. lets see what they do with the extra cash before passing judgement?

I'm more upset that Peverley is gone than Seguin, to be honest. Seguin was too soft for my liking.

This is an awful trade. In a couple of years the Bruins will absolutely regret making this move. Sequin will be one of the top players in this league, and Erickson, while a good player, will basically be Horton 2.0

Why trade an elite talent like Sequin? Fine, he's immature and likes to party too much, but he's a 21 year old millionaire. BTW, that team that just beat you has a guy named Kane that was the exact same way, if not worse. How's he doing now? Totally dumb move

Why is it that the Bruins need cap space? Try because Chirrelli overpays marginal players, or resigns his decent players for too much. Lucic in no way a $6 million a year player. Boychuck, Kelly, Peverly all at $3.5 million range is bad money. Even $7 million for Chara is a touch too much considering his deal runs till he's 40. One of Chirrelli's faults is handing out money.

While I do not understand all of the dynamics and all of the personalities.. was not impressed with Seguin that much during the playoffs...

Have to give the Bruins credit, they are not afraid to move on from their players that are not progressing.. sounds like another team in this town.

I really don't know either way but I will say Morrow was the 23rd pick in 2011 and like Seguin ix only 21. Smith is only 22 and was the 69th pick in 09. Frazier is only 23. So they got some young potential back. We won't know for years who got the best deal.

I like Ericsson, and Morrow is supposed to be really good, but I think they're probably going to regret this trade. Button was a decent prospect too.

Seguin wasn't worth his cap hit for 2014, but he's improved every year, and I think he would have been a bargain by the end of that contract. Peverly had no chance of being worth his salary. He's the least surprising ex-Bruin in a year that has many (also Ference, Khodubin, Horton, Pandolfo, Jagr (probably))

On the other hand, the Bruins desperately need a dependable sniper. Playing with Krejci, Ericsson might be that 40-goal guy they haven't had since Kessel.

This is an awful trade. In a couple of years the Bruins will absolutely regret making this move. Sequin will be one of the top players in this league, and Erickson, while a good player, will basically be Horton 2.0

Why trade an elite talent like Sequin? Fine, he's immature and likes to party too much, but he's a 21 year old millionaire. BTW, that team that just beat you has a guy named Kane that was the exact same way, if not worse. How's he doing now? Totally dumb move

Why is it that the Bruins need cap space? Try because Chirrelli overpays marginal players, or resigns his decent players for too much. Lucic in no way a $6 million a year player. Boychuck, Kelly, Peverly all at $3.5 million range is bad money. Even $7 million for Chara is a touch too much considering his deal runs till he's 40. One of Chirrelli's faults is handing out money.
It depends where Seguin is played. To me, it seemed like he stagnated somewhat this season. That could be for a myriad of reasons but sometimes you need to change to shake things up. This Bruins team was good enough to get to the Stanley Cup but not good enough to win it. The Bruins realise that and are looking to make to improve the team.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back