PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two more third round comp picks in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you did not, but what you were saying was equally ridiculous

Uh-huh. It's ridiculous to point out that losing key players can sometimes hurt the team. OK.

What method works "all the time?"

And considering the Pats results (wins, playoff games, AFCCGs and superbowls, and SB wins) are far and away better than any other team I guess its probably the "best" method.

What are you arguing here?

You're against my liking Belichick's method?

I took it, based upon how you wrote it that the system couldn’t win sbs until it drafted trey flowers. I’m understanding now that isn’t what you meant.

It's important to realize that, initially, I was responding to someone who thought this was a good thing. Losing Flowers isn't good for the team. As happens on this board, someone (not you) twists my comment out of its initial context until people think I'm arguing the Patriots sucked between 2004 and 2014. Truthfully, I think the Deion Branch fiasco was a huge mistake that cost the team, but I can't think of any other losses (Ty Law, Seymour, Chandler Jones, Mankins, or hell Vereen!) that were that impactful. Seymour perhaps because we seemed to have a weaker pass rush after he left, but he left toward the end of his career anyway.

You’re really bad at it

Or you could be a bad reader. Anyone who doesn't see the sarcasm here needs remedial tutoring:

Other posters comment: "2005-2013, 9 seasons (8 with Brady): the Pats were in 5 AFC championship games and 2 SB appearances. Yeah, they sucked."

My reply: "Yes, that was my point. They sucked. The Patriots were dreadful. I said that."

That's sarcasm. And it's why others who read that clicked "funny" under the post.

Uh-huh. It's ridiculous to point out that losing key players can sometimes hurt the team. OK.
Its rediculous to claim the team is "worse" when FA haset even started. Its like claiming the WR corps is terrible since we have one NFL WR

Then when it was pointed out to you that you are being rediculous you tried to say that this method of not overpaying hasnt always worked - as you brung up 2005-2013 etc. Which is even more ridiculous since they have been by far the best team in the NFL for that stretch.

Then when called on that you went on and said "well the method dosent always work" xome lame cop-out.

Just admit you made a dumb comment and move on.

Its rediculous to claim the team is "worse" when FA haset even started. Its like claiming the WR corps is terrible since we have one NFL WR

Then when it was pointed out to you that you are being rediculous you tried to say that this method of not overpaying hasnt always worked - as you brung up 2005-2013 etc. Which is even more ridiculous since they have been by far the best team in the NFL for that stretch.

Then when called on that you went on and said "well the method dosent always work" xome lame cop-out.

Just admit you made a dumb comment and move on.

In every single comment on this subject I've said the method works.

What is so difficult about that?

My god.

It's not revisionist. I literally wrote that in my initial comment responding to someone who thinks losing Flowers is a good thing.

Losing the guy who terrorized Rivers, Mahomes and Goff is not a good thing. No way. It's deranged to say it is.

Chicken Littles must calm down. It’s like the GDT. The Pats will have more WRs very soon.

What are you arguing here?

You're against my liking Belichick's method?

Ahhh I get it., Now your stance is that its me and other posters getting on you for no reason and that this is all about you "liking the BB method" of valuing players, but that it just "dosent work all the time" since they dont win the SB every year.

Yeah, that is the fuking ticket.

I am going to guess that since you posted your orig post about the team being weaker that you were the little kid in the car on a 3 hour family trip that kept asking if "we are there yet" 5 minutes into the trip and then kept asking every 15 minutes.

That was you wasn't it you little impatient mofo.

In every single comment on this subject I've said the method works.

What is so difficult about that?

My god.

It's not revisionist. I literally wrote that in my initial comment responding to someone who thinks losing Flowers is a good thing.

Losing the guy who terrorized Rivers, Mahomes and Goff is not a good thing. No way. It's deranged to say it is.
Sure it is. If it ultimately makes the team better. Just like losing Mankins and Milloy was a good thing.

Get the fuk over it. you are wrong.

We can't sign any more players? Free agency is over? It doesn't START until tomorrow, and we can sign players through August? That can't be!

Or you could be a bad reader. Anyone who doesn't see the sarcasm here needs remedial tutoring:

Other posters comment: "2005-2013, 9 seasons (8 with Brady): the Pats were in 5 AFC championship games and 2 SB appearances. Yeah, they sucked."

My reply: "Yes, that was my point. They sucked. The Patriots were dreadful. I said that."

That's sarcasm. And it's why others who read that clicked "funny" under the post.

People also click funny when something is really stupid......that’s more effective sarcasm than your quote

People also click funny when something is really stupid......that’s more effective sarcasm than your quote

You need to up your reading skills. Anyone could see that was sarcasm. The "Yeah I said that," confirms it. Unless you're a stupid idiot.

Ahhh I get it., Now your stance is that its me and other posters getting on you for no reason and that this is all about you "liking the BB method" of valuing players, but that it just "dosent work all the time" since they dont win the SB every year.

Yeah, that is the fuking ticket.

I am going to guess that since you posted your orig post about the team being weaker that you were the little kid in the car on a 3 hour family trip that kept asking if "we are there yet" 5 minutes into the trip and then kept asking every 15 minutes.

That was you wasn't it you little impatient mofo.

I have been on here for many years making fun of the pathetic doomsayers. I have been a fan since the 70s.

Saying something truthful like "it's not a good thing that Trey Flowers is gone" has suddenly sent people like you over the top.

It's patently ridiculous.

You guys are basically message board warriors whose knees jerk so rapidly they smash you in the face.

But that is not what you said. You call others here stupid and you cant even keep track of what you say in a discussion. Its no wonder everyone here is laughing at you.

It is what I said. In fact, my initial post (that has likes from a lot of others) was in response to someone who said losing him was a good thing.

& you are so thin skinned but you like to dish it out. You take offense at my post while going batshit crazy in yours. What a hypocrite.

It is what I said. In fact, my initial post (that has likes from a lot of others) was in response to someone who said losing him was a good thing.

& you are so thin skinned but you like to dish it out. You take offense at my post while going batshit crazy in yours. What a hypocrite.

No it was not. You said it makes the Pats a "weaker team" Then when numerous posters tried to explain this to you, you went all spin mode/goal post moving to try to use SB loses as a basis for your claim...

I know you are old and can't remember things as far back as yesterday but please try.

& you are so thin skinned
The thin skinned one here is you. Instead of just admitting that the jury is not out yet on this years team you went completely off kilter because you could not admit you were wrong

No it was not. You said it makes the Pats a "weaker team" Then when numerous posters tried to explain this to you, you went all spin mode/goal post moving to try to use SB loses as a basis for your claim...

I know you are old and can't remember things as far back as yesterday but please try.

The post is right in this thread for everyone to see. I wasn't responding to you. I responded to someone who said that losing Flowers was a good thing. And I said, I agree with the model, but losing Flowers is not a good thing, and it makes this team weaker. Of course it does. People who don't realize that don't know what they are watching. The model doesn't call for immediate replacements but it makes the team stronger down the road especially as it stocks draft picks and lets players develop. Players like Flowers I might add, who thrived after Chandler Jones left. That doesn't mean the team isn't immediately weaker. It is. Absolutely. People act like Flowers wasn't one of the best players in the entire league. He will not be easily replaced, especially at the position which created the biggest difference for us in the postseason.

You need to up your reading skills. Anyone could see that was sarcasm. The "Yeah I said that," confirms it. Unless you're a stupid idiot.

or unless you're a stupid idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye