NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Turkey Day Week 13 Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Thank god we got football on at my girls house this year instead of the dog show. It’s not good football but football none the less

Go Lions/Bears (who gives a **** who wins this lol)

Go Cowboys

Go Falcons

It seems confirmed at this point that Matt Patricia was not the "brains" behind New England's defense.

It seems confirmed at this point that Matt Patricia was not the "brains" behind New England's defense.
Also confirmed that he was the stomach behind them.

I was about to make a David Blows joke about David Blough.

Hopeful for a game now.

Does it really matter who is DC? I wouldn’t touch any of these DCs. McDaniels is the only assistant I’d consider for a head coach. Bill is too involved in the defense.

Bears defense looks phenomenal. They need quite a few young, cheap pieces on both sides of the ball. Those young, cheap pieces will find themselves in Oakland/Las Vegas LMFAOOOOOOOO.

They were best in the league in 2016 by PPG.

That’s right, PPG they were really good his last few years but overall the yardage was usually middle of the pack which in the grand scheme of things isn’t the worst thing in the world if you’re keeping them out of the end zone.

Bears defense looks phenomenal. They need quite a few young, cheap pieces on both sides of the ball. Those young, cheap pieces will find themselves in Oakland/Las Vegas LMFAOOOOOOOO.
Lol where are all those pretentious writers on twitter who roasted Gruden?

That’s right, PPG they were really good his last few years but overall the yardage was usually middle of the pack which in the grand scheme of things isn’t the worst thing in the world if you’re keeping them out of the end zone.
I mean, he made his son DC lol. I really don’t think it matters.

Lol where are all those pretentious writers on twitter who roasted Gruden?
The funny thing is that, as recently as two weeks ago, people HERE were still defending that trade. Mack is a hell of a player. Don’t get me wrong. But he wasn’t worth what they gave up to get him. What have they gotten out of it? A wild card loss in 2018. They need a QB. Might be a decent draft for it. Oh, but they don’t have a first. Sucks to be them.

I think Patricia is at his best when he gets to draw up defenses, coverages and counter strategies.

What I think is the real "secret ingredient" of BB's success -- and whatever everyone from the BB tree lacks -- is his ability to reduce entire opponents down to 3-4 things that your team needs to do to overcome them. And I am not talking about "what your team needs to do" in an abstract way but actually with taking into account what your players ARE able to do.

It is somewhat easy to come up with scheme in the abstract but you always have to take into account what your team is able to execute.

Lombardi mentions this ability again and again in his book and especially in the chapter that describes the week leading up to the "inelgible formations" playoff game against the Ravens in depth.

The funny thing is that, as recently as two weeks ago, people HERE were still defending that trade. Mack is a hell of a player. Don’t get me wrong. But he wasn’t worth what they gave up to get him. What have they gotten out of it? A wild card loss in 2018. They need a QB. Might be a decent draft for it. Oh, but they don’t have a first. Sucks to be them.
I've thought Nagy is a good coach, might have to revisit that.

That was weird.

Even the fumbles are ugly.

I've thought Nagy is a good coach, might have to revisit that.
He could be a halfway decent coach. But his front office did him zero favors. The Mack trade combined with Trubisky over Mahomes or Watson could set them back a decade.

The hit from Tavon Wilson on Trubisky is not different at all to what Wise did.

It is not the rules but the inconsistent ways they are applied that are the problem.

He could be a halfway decent coach. But his front office did him zero favors. The Mack trade combined with Trubisky over Mahomes or Watson could set them back a decade.
They could have moved on Garoppolo, who is from Illinois. He would've owned Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes