PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

True love - Brady and Endelman part 2

I think if Grap comes Edelman stays.
If it’s Cam Stidham or a Rookie trade him to Tampa for a 4th
With JEs knee we'd be lucky to get a conditional 7th

..and that is disrespect to JE.

Edelman is one season removed from an 1100+ yard year. It’s bizarre to me how people are acting like he’s a corpse
I think he’s somewhere in between corpse & 1100 yards. I get both points : he might not be finished / he might be...

I agree with the poster suggesting he’d be fine in NE w Jimmy. Jimmy would have familiarity & look to get him involved.

With JEs knee we'd be lucky to get a conditional 7th

..and that is disrespect to JE.
The way that some media have
Edelman is one season removed from an 1100+ yard year. It’s bizarre to me how people are acting like he’s a corpse
Unfortunately, especially with older players with a lot of millage, old injuries can flare into career ending/life altering injuries. I hope that the reports of his knee joint being bone on bone and that his knee injury is so bad that he might miss a large chunk of the year if not the entire year are wrong, but if not I hope that he retires.

I think if Grap comes Edelman stays.
If it’s Cam Stidham or a Rookie trade him to Tampa for a 4th

I don’t think that Edelman‘s fate this year has anything to do with the quarterback. If his knee responds to treatment and workouts, such that he can return to where he was at the start of last year, then he will be in the mix again. If his knee is not right and he has setbacks during the off-season and the Patriots doctors determined that the condition of his knee is unlikely to improve, he will likely be released.

The last report that I heard about Edelman is that he wants to play but still isn’t sure whether his knee will allow that. It’s hard to be optimistic when you hear something like that. The procedure that he had last year was not intended to return his knee to 100%. It was intended to give him a chance to return it to the level of “good enough”, to allow him to get back to the playing field at some point.

Unfortunately, all evidence points to Edelman having a chronic, degenerative knee condition and those always get worse with time. Teams also do not give up meaningful draft capital for a 34-year-old receiver with a degenerative knee condition. Zero chance they get anything close to a fourth round pick for him.

Edelman is one tough SOB, but it's time to retire. Him exhausted by week 2 vs the Seahawks said it all.

His knee is completely shot and if he comes back it’ll be a juggling routine keeping him on a pitch clock which still won’t be enough.

Endelman? Pedoria???????? Some of you getting your info from Planet Nutbag or what?

I just ate an entire Endelman's pound cake while waiting for my bus in Perdoria, South Africa...

Last edited:
Love Jules but he has no major role in NE. 55% catch rate, like his young player seasons, he's like Troy Brown in decline. I don't see him taking snaps from Meyer, Agholor, Bourne, Smith, Henry, plus Harris in the backfield already leaves 1 off the field. I also don't really see Tampa needing him either.

Mike Evans
Chris Godwin
Antonio Brown (assuming he re-ups)
Scotty Miller
Tyler Johnson
Rob Gronkowski
O.J. Howard

Hard to see any realistic place for him in Tampa’s offense. If Jules can contribute in any fashion this season I don’t think he’s going anywhere, and if he can’t then he’ll probably just join Chung in retirement.

The way that some media have

Unfortunately, especially with older players with a lot of millage, old injuries can flare into career ending/life altering injuries. I hope that the reports of his knee joint being bone on bone and that his knee injury is so bad that he might miss a large chunk of the year if not the entire year are wrong, but if not I hope that he retires.

I'd like to see him retire. He needs to start thinking about thirty years from now. All those hits the tough bastard has taken over the years are going to add up.

One of my favorite players ever but he needs to consider retiring. His body is destroyed at this point.

Je11 is one of my favorite pats, maybe because I am vertically challenged too.
but can He play? Does he want to play? Does he need to play?
i think he wants to and his mind thinks he needs to, but can he?

Edelman is an undersized receiver who played like he was 6'3 220. He put his body on the line without a care of what was going to be the future. Nobody wanted to win as much as he did and prove people wrong. Sadly with that a day will come when he cannot do it anymore. He would never take the easy road and he would never duck contact, and it has cost him. Years from now I will always thank the football gods of him coming here and what he did for this team and what he gave up.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back