PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers Dedication Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double TE

4 LIFE
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Is THE MAN!! Seven sacks over the last seven games. Chandler who?

Jon Gruden said Flowers might be the Patriots’ best defender last week. He’s getting there. He also helped create a fourth-quarter Malcom Brown sack by bringing initial pressure.

Is THE MAN!! Seven sacks over the last seven games. Chandler who?

Jon Gruden said Flowers might be the Patriots’ best defender last week. He’s getting there. He also helped create a fourth-quarter Malcom Brown sack by bringing initial pressure.

Yes, both Flowers and Brown are starting to come into their own. I would say that Brown is starting to look like the player the Pats wanted Easly to be...

Yes, both Flowers and Brown are starting to come into their own. I would say that Brown is starting to look like the player the Pats wanted Easly to be...

I was thinking this yesterday while watching Brown. Between those two, along with Long and Sheard, we're getting that front 4 that can bring pressure without the blitz. The better these guys get, the more ****ed the rest of the league is.

chandler who? the pink hats were right...again.

WARNING: Major cherry picking.

Sacks from 10/30- Dec. '16

Jones 2012-2016- 13.5 in 31 games
Flowers 2016- 7 in 7 games
yes thats very cherrypicking but flowers has been very good.

yes thats very cherrypicking but flowers has been very good.

Yea but the key thing it shows is this.

Before Halloween- 28.5 sacks in 38 games
After Halloween- 13.5 sacks in 31 games

Thats not to say that the same thing might happen to Flowers next year but there is no question Chandler's pace of sack production drops off big time after Halloween.

I said before preseason started that I expected big things from Trey after seeing him shine in limited capacity before he got hurt last year. I'm glad he's delivered recently and then some. He's getting better with more reps and him and Brown, who's also improved since the season started are 1/2 of a very solid D-Line. I've also been impressed, at times, by Little-Big Vince.

Trey is an excellent closer. I constantly see qbs slip away from sacks, especially Ninko, but that rarely happens with Trey. It has to be his long arms.

Flowers and Brown are really stepping up right now and making plays. They along with Sheard's reemergence are a big reason why the D has taken a step up the last 5 or so games.

It is making the job of the LBs and DBs easier.

Gruden was high on Flowers prior to the 2015 draft. On his draft special, he highlighted Flowers as one of his top value picks & said he'd be the next LaMarr Woodley. Looks like he was right.

Flowers looks like one of the best 4th round picks of the Belichick era. He was taken with the pick that they received for Logan Mankins & this is turning out to be one of the better trades of the Belichick era.

I only wonder why, in God's name, they would have taken Geno Grissom before taking Flowers.

I dedicate my life to Trey Flowers, rusher of passers, causer of fumbles, replacer of Chandlers.
I don't know why anyone compares Flowers and Jones. The majority of Flowers pressure comes when he's lines up on the inside, most of Jones's pressure is when he's lined on the edge. They have 2 very different skillsets. Long is the one who is "replacing" Jones.

I don't know why anyone compares Flowers and Jones. The majority of Flowers pressure comes when he's lines up on the inside, most of Jones's pressure is when he's lined on the edge. They have 2 very different skillsets. Long is the one who is "replacing" Jones.
How dare you....

I also dedicate my life to Trey Flowers.

Brown is a little different type of player tho. Easley was more built to be a pure pass rusher, while Brown is more balanced.

Very deserving of his own thread.

Man, I'm glad that Sheard picked it back up this week, but he still becomes very expendable now with Flowers stepping up. Wonder what his market ends up being.

Still think we need another young pass rusher this next draft, but Flowers looks to be worthy being a starter for years to come.

Trey Flowers and Brown can push o-lineman backwards easily, they got good legs and strength. Impressed so far.

Very deserving of his own thread.

Man, I'm glad that Sheard picked it back up this week, but he still becomes very expendable now with Flowers stepping up. Wonder what his market ends up being.

Still think we need another young pass rusher this next draft, but Flowers looks to be worthy being a starter for years to come.

With Nink and Long up there in age, I would almost guarantee it. Not sure if they can sign Sheard. We'll see.

With Nink and Long up there in age, I would almost guarantee it. Not sure if they can sign Sheard. We'll see.
I don't know how much Sheard will even command at this point. Have to think people are turned off by his inconsistent play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back