PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers Dedication Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how much Sheard will even command at this point. Have to think people are turned off by his inconsistent play.
I think some ******* will overpay and the Pats will let him go. Thats my belief on how it will play out.

Tell me Semian isn't crapping his pants at this point. Where is Semian you ask? He's the dude about to get Planted or Stumped or Potted by 98.
upload_2016-12-19_10-45-37-png.15229

I don't know why anyone compares Flowers and Jones. The majority of Flowers pressure comes when he's lines up on the inside, most of Jones's pressure is when he's lined on the edge. They have 2 very different skillsets. Long is the one who is "replacing" Jones.

Uh, this is the Trey Flowers Dedication thread, sir.

Flowers and Brown have quietly become very important pieces of our Defense. Most people outside of New England probably have no clue who they are.

I thought Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones were the future of our D, but it looks like it's Flowers and Brown now. Both are humble and quiet, clean records, so hopefully they don't get shipped out as easily as Collins/Jones.

Flowers and Brown are really stepping up right now and making plays. They along with Sheard's reemergence are a big reason why the D has taken a step up the last 5 or so games.

It is making the job of the LBs and DBs easier.

Id guess its more about play calling than stepping up.

After the personnel was set and they are getting more comfortable with each other on the field (look at High's statement today - Dont’a Hightower on OM&F speaking of Patriots defense’s improved play: ‘We have that chemistry now’) MP can put them in better situations to succeed with opening the playbook, disguising the plays better and using the versatility of each player more comfortably.

I loved Flowers since I saw him as SO. Very productive kid that improved each year in almost every measure.

There were questions about position, production ("low" sack total but very disruptive), but the kid is just a great football player.

He's a very strong player, especially in his lower body. With his 84.5 wingspan his bull rush can be deadly when he locks out. He also has a great swim that we saw the other

And of course his motor is one the first things you notice. Its more than that. It an awareness of where he is and where the play is going.

This is a guy that compared very well to Dante Fowler Jr. despite not having a notable 40 and some pretty stiff hips.

I'm loving the rotation we've seen over the last few weeks and hope it continues.

Brown has about 20 pressures in the last 10 weeks as well I believe.

Over the past few weeks we've seen a shift. This defense is creating an identity for itself.
We've seen a tough, hard hitting team that can tackle and create some real pressure when utilized right.

A lot of guys on offense played well yesterday but the defense won that game and made a little statement imho.

Flowers motor is just great. All his sacks and pressures come off power and determination.

Flowers is relentless and strong. He gets his sacks based off determination. He really has shown out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back