Trent Harris, “Toolbox Trent” Fits the Mold, For a Patriots UDFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Trent Harris, “Toolbox Trent” Fits the Mold, For a Patriots UDFA

Steve Balestrieri

"He's got special pass-rushing skills,'' Kuligowski said. "He's a guy that can play on every special teams. He's very smart. If Trent gets drafted late, he'll be a stea

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Some thoughts on his proday.

His 40 yard dash time is average. His 20 yard shuffle would have been #6. His 3 cone time would have been #3. His vertical jump would have been a 4 way tie for #11 so pretty good but not great. His broad jump of 117 inches would have been #6. His bench press would actually have been the lowest of those who took it.

Overall he is undersized and one of the quickest DEs but in exchange for that lacks the upper body strength and his long speed isn't that good (I find the 40 yard dash overrated in DEs personally; I only bring it up cause other people do). Also he appears to have good explosion out of his first step if the board and vertical jumps are any indication.

I like him. A niche player with boarder line elite quickness for his position but lacking in other areas. He seems to have a ton of pass rush moves to go along with his quickness which is nice. If he can get a little stronger and maybe put on 5-10 more lbs without losing any quickness he could turn into a good player.

Last edited:
Yep, he's too weak for DE & MLB, and too slow for WLB or maybe even SLB. But he has good explosion & lateral quickness, especially for DE. So the question for 'tweeners like Harris is: does he bulk up, at the expense of agility, to try to play closer to the LOS, or does he slim down, at the expense of stoutness, to try to play away from the LOS?

I like his chances of making our squad. We don't really have any speed rushers to compete against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back