PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Brown Playing LT and Onwenu at RT with Wynn Still Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Wynn is so good that he is worth $10M as a LG? What is the average pay for a starting LG? Is that for someone expected to play all the games? What about a top 10 LG? Where is $10M on the list?

Joe Thuney says hi.

Joe Thuney says hi.
Yes, Thuney is a top 10 OG in this league and is being paid as such.

Are you suggesting that Wynn is as good a guard as Thuney?

Embarrassed Shame GIF

So much for my suggestion I guess.

I just hope that Big Mike isn't being asked to do too much too soon.
One question is whether Belichick believes that he has a backup swing OT, so that we can avoid moving 3 positions if one player goes down during a game. If not, we should sign one, perhaps in camp (after better seeing how what we have is developing. My suspicion is that Plan A is Herron.

So much for my suggestion I guess.

I just hope that Big Mike isn't being asked to do too much too soon.

Moving him between LG and RT over and over is going to mess Onwenu up.

I like how some frauds here are moving the goal posts. No one has ever claimed Wynn wasn't skilled. It's the missing 70% of his games which is a glaring problem. But hard to argue with thin skinned people with logic gaps thinking posting clips of Wynn playing well, has anything to do with the argument that he's hurt way too much which disrupts the chemistry.

Last edited:
One question is whether Belichick believes that he has a backup swing OT, so that we can avoid moving 3 positions if one player goes down during a game. If not, we should sign one, perhaps in camp (after better seeing how what we have is developing. My suspicion is that Plan A is Herron.

Which is exactly the problem. Herron should never play this season. He's terrible. So it's what you're afraid of, when Wynn goes down it means 3 people are being moved around. Not ideal at all. The easiest thing is to only have Karras step in which means have Wynn at LG in the first place.

Good to see Wynn finally back on the field.

Wynn has the talent. So not surprised at all that his first day back they try for the OptionA lineup again.

On the flip side , it's very reassuring the Pats practiced already in preparation for the lineup that makes sense the next time Wynn gets hurt again:
Brown-Karras-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu.

The next time it happens that Wynn gets hurt especially in the regular season, a compelling case exists to just keep it like this and plug Wynn in at LG to minimize disruption. I doubt that Wynn can hold up for 17 NFL games.

Yes, Thuney is a top 10 OG in this league and is being paid as such.

Are you suggesting that Wynn is as good a guard as Thuney?

He could become very close to Thuney if he & Pop/Carmen are committed to the switch.

Jim Miller & especially Pat Kirwin of SiriusXM's Moving the Chains agree with you...except for the Plan A thingy.

Those other 4 dudes besides Gilmore better get their azzes on the field lickety-split
Yep, and they know this too.

So far my O-line lineup was spot on.

Defense got “revved up” intercepting a Brian Hoyer pass? Lol.

Speaking of changing jersey numbers, my shock of the off-season was Damien Harris not taking #34 which looks way better on him. He must not have liked that number in college.

Those other 4 dudes besides Gilmore better get their azzes on the field lickety-split.
I was watching film the other night and I'm almost done with Cowart. So frustrating watching him in run defense.

I was watching film the other night and I'm almost done with Cowart. So frustrating watching him in run defense.
Someone on staff sees something in Cowart (and in Bentley).

If everyone (almost everyone) remains healthy, I would expect both to be cut.

Someone on staff sees something in Cowart (and in Bentley).

If everyone (almost everyone) remains healthy, I would expect both to be cut.
No doubt it's just, what? Cowart is a tough watch tbh. Bentley is at least useful at times.

No doubt it's just, what? Cowart is a tough watch tbh. Bentley is at least useful at times.
Yep, little lord Byron the Coward does absolutely nothing except allow himself to be taken out of the play by a single blocker; whereas JaWrong at least makes a tackle every couple of weeks or so...It's usually downfield, but still...

All this time we should've been discussing the progress of Darius Slayton & Micah Kiser with the picks used instead on Coward & JaWrong respectively...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes