PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Brown Playing LT and Onwenu at RT with Wynn Still Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
As predicted, Wynn is still out of practice with injuries. Trent Brown is playing LT, Onwenu at RT, and Karras at LG.

At this point just keep Trent Brown at LT and Onwenu at RT. Brown was good enough to win a Superbowl with the Pats at LT and Onwenu was a top10 RT last year. We can't keep reshuffling the OLine when Wynn is out, and Wynn has missed 70% of his NFL games since he was drafted.

When Wynn comes back just plug him in at LG where he played guard most of his college career...

As predicted, Wynn is still out of practice with injuries. Trent Brown is playing LT, Onwenu at RT, and Karras at LG.

At this point just keep Trent Brown at LT and Onwenu at RT. Brown was good enough to win a Superbowl with the Pats at LT and Onwenu was a top10 RT last year. We can't keep reshuffling the OLine when Wynn is out, and Wynn has missed 70% of his NFL games since he was drafted.

When Wynn comes back just plug him in at LG where he played guard most of his college career...

why? because LG's matter less that RT's. Do you think that Wynn is a better LG than Onwenu? If so, the coach would likely make the change you suggest, even with no injuries.

I suppose that the switch would add stability to the OL, having 4 positions set, with Wynn or Karras playing LG.

That's a wee bit unfair since there are reams of players missing the OTA's, yes?

If Wynn's not practicing June 14th, then maybe this tone makes sense.

why? because LG's matter less that RT's. Do you think that Wynn is a better LG than Onwenu? If so, the coach would likely make the change you suggest, even with no injuries.

I suppose that the switch would add stability to the OL, having 4 positions set, with Wynn or Karras playing LG.

Exactly so Onwenu at RT makes more sense (with Brown at LT) compared to Onwenu at LG and some backup scrub at tackle when Wynn gets hurt again. If Wynn continues to be out so much, do you want to keep shuffling 3-4 players on the OLine constantly? The OLine needs continuity. I know it's only June but if Wynn is hurt again in the regular season they should just roll with Brown and Onwenu permanently at tackle.

Show me a report from a reliable source that states that Wynn’s OTA absences have been injury-related. I haven’t seen any reports like that. These are optional practices and maybe he is simply choosing to work out with his guy or team of guys, with a goal of finally staying healthy for a full season.

If you can’t produce any evidence to back up your statement that means that you are just speculating (at best) or fabricating (more likely) in order to fit a negative agenda, which is what you and the rest of the fellowship of the miserable here love to do.

Please post a link at your earliest convenience. I’ll wait.

Anybody else done with Wynn at this point?
Anyone who replies “yes” is just as much of a dope as you are for asking that question. Because another poster wrote that he is injured again, without evidence? What does being “done” with him even mean? Do you suggest that they cut him? Trade him?

Also please tell us how you plan to replace his (top 15 OT) talent on the roster through trade. I hear that Isaiah Wilson is available.

Show me a report from a reliable source that states that Wynn’s OTA absences have been injury-related. I haven’t seen any reports like that. These are optional practices and maybe he is simply choosing to work out with his guy or team of guys, with a goal of finally staying healthy for a full season.

If you can’t produce any evidence to back up your statement that means that you are just speculating (at best) or fabricating (more likely) in order to fit a negative agenda, which is what you and the rest of the fellowship of the miserable here love to do.

Please post a link at your earliest convenience. I’ll wait.

Fact is Wynn has missed 70% of his NFL games. He's unreliable and the OLine has had to constantly shuffle when he is out which is most of the time. Sorry to break this fact to you.

Fact is Wynn has missed 70% of his NFL games. He's unreliable and the OLine has had to constantly shuffle when he is out which is most of the time. Sorry to break this fact to you.
It's only June...ya know? 70% is a lot though. So a backup may get more playing time and become a better player then someone who rode the bench more often. Maybe that backup becomes a starter for us one day and he performs better then the guy he replaced. I would bet that happens quite often actually. Again...it's only June.

Let’s wait until training camp before drawing any conclusions, but I don’t agree with them picking up his option.

I still stand by Wynn at LT, Owenu at LG, Andrews at C, Mason at RG and Brown at RT.

That’s not what I asked you. Let’s try again…..show me the evidence that Wynn’s current OTA absences are injury related, as you so definitively stated. Still waiting.

Belichick's favorite ability has always been 'availability.' And Wynn has not been available. Talent is a great thing to have, but it means nothing if he never sees the field.

The same Bill Belichick who recently guaranteed Wynn’s 5th year option for 10+ million?

Want to try again? Again…What did you mean that you are “done with him”? Cut him? (you may want to check out the capn consequences if you are attempting to pick that option) Trade him?

Belichick's favorite ability has always been 'availability.' And Wynn has not been available. Talent is a great thing to have, but it means nothing if he never sees the field.

Exactly. Wynn is skilled but mostly not available. I think we could be screwing up Onwenu shuffling him back and forth so much. Onwenu was an elite RT last year.

Wynn is hurt again? At this point why don't we just bite the bullet and use Wynn as a positional backup? Great to have when he's healthy, but don't put a starting workload on the guy or he WILL break down.

Just don't ask Wynn to do what he clearly can't do. I'd rather have an average starting tackle with Wynn in the wings for big running plays, then not have Wynn because we asked something of him that his body just can't handle and he's out again.

I was going to ask the same question , has anyone seen a report that he is in fact injured or is he just a no show to these voluntary sessions ? Maybe we will hear more on Monday

While I am a fan of Wynn and would love for him to excel, there are worse OLs than Brown-Karras-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu. I hope they play up to expectations, as a squad, because I suspect much of the O’s success will rest on them this year, regardless of who is at QB.

Belichick doesn't always follow his own directives. *shrug* He's talented enough to keep around, but I'd just have him as a swing tackle at this point. There is some value to having a capable backup, of course. I, personally, would not have done the 5th year option. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes