PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Brown - Does he stay or does he go?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Trent Brown - Does he stay or does he go?

• Stay

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • Go

Votes: 20 44.4%

• Total voters
Still pretty reasonable dollars.

Froob,Froob- about your thread title,bruh
It's does he stay or does he go.
But if you're gonna be grammatically-challenged, you need to be consistent.
So, do he stay or do he go is acceptable.
To recap,does/do,no good.
Do/do excellent.
Dont forget, you need to do-do
lol think that was a typo, I feel like my brain fart typing gets progressively worse.

Keep him at RT but get rid of the weight constraints or loosen them a bit. Let the man eat, he seems unhappy.

If anything, he should be extended, with extra Game Day bonuses for games in which he plays LT.

$11M is fine for an OK Left Tackle, which he is.

$11M is fine for a much better than average RT. Running behind Onwenu and Brown would be awesome.
====================
We need to focus our efforts at acquiring LT's, starter, backup, and future backup (Practice Squad player).
==========================
If Brown needs to play a bit of LT while a rookie gets started, so be it. However, I actually like Brown and McDermott at RT, with competition for McDermott.

I have wanted a swing veteran OT for years, Those are hard to get.
==============
ALL THIS DISCUSSION DOESN"T MEAN MUCH
if we don't have an OL coach, and OL assistant coach. We will Brown, who occasionally needs coaching. And then, we have all the rest who would absolutely need coaching to develop.

I’d rather stability at the tackle spots. However, Trent Brown in a contract year in BOB’s offense scrapping most of the zone blocking bs is probably a pretty good RT.

Brown and his constant jumps at the LOS needs to go. He could've been called for a false start on almost every passing play.

Last edited:
He stays but I think he need to play on the right side

He stays.

According to Overthecap 3 mil of his 2023 salary is now fully guaranteed because he saw over 75% playing time.

Trent Brown signed a two year contract with the New England Patriots worth $11.5 million base value with $4.5 million available incentives. Brown received a $2.5 million signing bonus as part of his $7 million guarantee. $3 million of his 2023 base salary is guaranteed for injury only and will vest to a full guarantee on the 1st day of the 2023 league year or if has 75% playtime in 2022. Brown has $750,000 weight bonuses in both years of the contract.
50% of that 75% he was just watching guys run by him without a clue

This all depends on our tackle situation post draft/free agency. I feel like he would be fine as a right tackle, but he struggled mightily at LT.
Another factor is the OL was coached by Matt Patricia... so I'm not sure if Brown's struggles had more to do with the bad coaching and hair brained schemes MP and Judge implemented this season.

I'm not so sure we really need to flip Trent RT. I think he does fine either side. I think he needs to give better effort and could use some hard coaching. OL coaching was a disaster from the sounds of it.

In Brown's Defense: Strange got manhandled from time to time and happy feet Mac doesn't know how to manipulate the pocket.
Fail Falling Down GIF

I'm not so sure we really need to flip Trent RT. I think he does fine either side. I think he needs to give better effort and could use some hard coaching. OL coaching was a disaster from the sounds of it.
Back in the day, Scar would have been at him like a rabid ferret for his sloppy play. Yates, who I think was doing most of the day to day OL coaching what with MP being stretched too thin(*), might have fallen into the same error as Troy Brown of being too much one of the guys instead of the hard-nosed coach they needed.

(*) See what I did there?

Back in the day, Scar would have been at him like a rabid ferret for his sloppy play. Yates, who I think was doing most of the day to day OL coaching what with MP being stretched too thin(*), might have fallen into the same error as Troy Brown of being too much one of the guys instead of the hard-nosed coach they needed.

(*) See what I did there?
Excellent points not because you're the GOAT of HC's doesn't mean you can just throw **** at the fan and hope something sticks. The Patriots were poorly Coached this year and it showed in the games. Yess Men "Thank Dad" can't get it done against legitimate guys we were being cheap and got what we paid for.

Excellent points not because you're the GOAT of HC's doesn't mean you can just throw **** at the fan and hope something sticks. The Patriots were poorly Coached this year and it showed in the games. Yess Men "Thank Dad" can't get it done against legitimate guys we were being cheap and got what we paid for.
Bill puts too much faith in his "coaches coach" mantra. People in every walk of life differentiate themselves as being better at one thing than another. That's why you don't have electricians doing the plumbing or the plumbers doing the catering. I completely reject Bill's assertion that any coach can coach any position; they are not interchangeable.

He played better at RT last season than at LT this one. We need a LT for the future. That's not Brown. If there's a blue chip LT in the draft, I would trade up for one.

He played better at RT last season than at LT this one. We need a LT for the future. That's not Brown. If there's a blue chip LT in the draft, I would trade up for one.
He was LT when we won the SB. I think it's more of a coaching issue than anything. Tackle is our biggest priority, no doubt. You can't really get great tackles in FA or trades.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back