PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Brown - Does he stay or does he go?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Trent Brown - Does he stay or does he go?

• Stay

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • Go

Votes: 20 44.4%

• Total voters
If he goes, there will be trouble
And if he stays it will be double
So come on and let me know...

Situation no win
Rush for a change of atmosphere
I can't go on, so I give in
Gotta get myself right outta here

Bill puts too much faith in his "coaches coach" mantra. People in every walk of life differentiate themselves as being better at one thing than another. That's why you don't have electricians doing the plumbing or the plumbers doing the catering. I completely reject Bill's assertion that any coach can coach any position; they are not interchangeable.
That is straight out arrogance acting like the league hasn't caught up and passed us. Hey Bill: Brady isn't here to cover up your deficiencies anymore I mean C'mon Fat Matt wearing two hats Troy Brown WR Coach and Nick Caley who should have been the OC TE's Coach. What a mess of a Coaching Staff even the talking heads saw this BS coming.
Oh No Wow GIF by Apple Music

He was LT when we won the SB. I think it's more of a coaching issue than anything. Tackle is our biggest priority, no doubt. You can't really get great tackles in FA or trades.
Orlando Brown is a FA. What about drafting one? I hear there's good ones in this draft but not sure. @BaconGrundleCandy any blue chip LTs in this draft within reach of #14?

I laugh because this genuinely looks like Mac in the pocket often times.
That's the point the Mac lovers most notably TunescribeHarry don't get it. :)

Orlando Brown is a FA. What about drafting one? I hear there's good ones in this draft but not sure. @BaconGrundleCandy any blue chip LTs in this draft within reach of #14?
Orlando Brown is coming off an awful season. Georgia has a great tackle entering the draft.

Orlando Brown is coming off an awful season. Georgia has a great tackle entering the draft.
"From Week 10 to the end of the regular season, Brown’s 88.7 pass-blocking grade ranked third best among left tackles."

Can the GA T be had at #11 or is he a top 10 pick?

If anything, he should be extended, with extra Game Day bonuses for games in which he plays LT.

$11M is fine for an OK Left Tackle, which he is.

$11M is fine for a much better than average RT. Running behind Onwenu and Brown would be awesome.
====================
We need to focus our efforts at acquiring LT's, starter, backup, and future backup (Practice Squad player).
==========================
If Brown needs to play a bit of LT while a rookie gets started, so be it. However, I actually like Brown and McDermott at RT, with competition for McDermott.

I have wanted a swing veteran OT for years, Those are hard to get.
==============
ALL THIS DISCUSSION DOESN"T MEAN MUCH
if we don't have an OL coach, and OL assistant coach. We will Brown, who occasionally needs coaching. And then, we have all the rest who would absolutely need coaching to develop.

Disagree with the bolded; agree with the rest.

Trent Brown's days as a LT are Ovah.

I'm not so sure we really need to flip Trent RT. I think he does fine either side. I think he needs to give better effort and could use some hard coaching. OL coaching was a disaster from the sounds of it.

He's Finished as a Left Tackle in the NFL.

He was LT when we won the SB. I think it's more of a coaching issue than anything. Tackle is our biggest priority, no doubt. You can't really get great tackles in FA or trades.

That was Four Years Ago... He's Clearly not the same player he was then; and by that I don't mean that he improved either.

Trent stays he was far from our problems on Offense.

dont let him off that easy, he had an absurd number of penalties that destroyed drives

He had 13 penalties, which was 1st in the entire league for an offensive lineman

He needs to clean that up big time

dont let him off that easy, he had an absurd number of penalties that destroyed drives

He had 13 penalties, which was 1st in the entire league for an offensive lineman

He needs to clean that up big time
You have to agree Trent Brown did Tough it out even when he was clearly sick unlike that wasted First Rounder.

im over trent brown... we need to trade him to the Saskatchewan Rough Riders for a few tim horton coupons and a copy of Canadian National Geographic..

But hes cheap for a tackle, so I am assuming he will stay for 2023, and an eventual replacement will be drafted this year... Unfortunately I think he will remain in the LT position in the 2023 season
I think you're undervaluing how good Tim Hortons coffee is.

If Brown's contract is fully guaranteed next year, there is no reason not to bring him back next year at least in camp to see if he has anything left. Why cut a guy who can be productive if motivated if the Pats have to pay him anyway.

If Brown's contract is fully guaranteed next year, there is no reason not to bring him back next year at least in camp to see if he has anything left. Why cut a guy who can be productive if motivated if the Pats have to pay him anyway.
It's not, most of it is unguaranteed. I think they free around 10M if he's cut or traded. Though somebody else said something about 3M being unguaranteed already, that I'm unsure of.

It's not, most of it is unguaranteed. I think they free around 10M if he's cut or traded. Though somebody else said something about 3M being unguaranteed already, that I'm unsure of.

If it isn't guaranteed, then I would say cut him. He turned into the lazy, undisciplined underachiever he has been everywhere else other than New England prior to this season. Unless the new OC really thinks he can turn him around and keep him motivated.

Brown was worth the money early this season, but about halfway through he just seemed to quit.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back