PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Tre Nixon

watch Meyers having 1.400 yards and 7 TD if Mac starts ;)

a lot of hate for Meyers who has been great last season with ****ing Scam as RB emmmm QB, ah whatever

Yep, Meyers is still our best WR here...and that's both a good thing & a bad thing...

Don't know why Bill felt it un-necessary to at least re-sign Damiere Byrd...Should've been a No-****ing-Brainer.

Last edited:
BGC...can the kid return punts? or do you have little trust in his hands?
Must have missed this. Sure but his hands are definitely a little iffy. They could improve. Double catches, like to guide the ball into his frame. So I'd think Bill would want to see him tested & tested some more before giving him a real look, spot or full-time duties.

I like Trey Nixon a lot for a 7th round pick. A good gamble on adding speed to the offense. Good speed (4.43), not Tyreek Hill type speed, but fast enough.

That being said, I REALLY wish they would’ve taken a home run gamble on Nixon’s teammate instead. Jacob Harris. He’s bigger, stronger AND faster. 6’5” 220 and his pro day numbers were insane. 4.39 forty and a 40.5 vertical. He went earlier than Nixon, but I wish they would’ve taken a chance on the guy.

Also, I wish they would’ve went with BYU WR Dax Milne, who was selected after Nixon. Milne was highly productive, and I could’ve seen him as an Edelman type slot receiver (though Milne is bigger).

Not complaining, just saw other options available. Im happy with all of our selections.

I like Trey Nixon a lot for a 7th round pick. A good gamble on adding speed to the offense. Good speed (4.43), not Tyreek Hill type speed, but fast enough.

That being said, I REALLY wish they would’ve taken a home run gamble on Nixon’s teammate instead. Jacob Harris. He’s bigger, stronger AND faster. 6’5” 220 and his pro day numbers were insane. 4.39 forty and a 40.5 vertical. He went earlier than Nixon, but I wish they would’ve taken a chance on the guy.

Also, I wish they would’ve went with BYU WR Dax Milne, who was selected after Nixon. Milne was highly productive, and I could’ve seen him as an Edelman type slot receiver (though Milne is bigger).

Not complaining, just saw other options available. Im happy with all of our selections.

Yeah Jake Harris went a lot earlier than I thought he would go...I was thinking/hoping he would also last to #242, or at least to the 177/188/197 area...and I would also have chosen Dax Milne ahead of Nixon...

The WR position should've been addressed much, Much, MUCH earlier than #242 anyway.

could have they have gotten Nixon as an undrafted free agent?

could have they have gotten Nixon as an undrafted free agent?
And draft who else instead ? At that point in the draft, you take a big swing and hope it’s winds up being a home run.

And draft who else instead ? At that point in the draft, you take a big swing and hope it’s winds up being a home run.
I would've taken Austin Watkins, personally, but like you say at that point it's a crapshoot

I would've taken Austin Watkins, personally, but like you say at that point it's a crapshoot
I don't know anything abut Nixon or Watkins. Nixon is smaller, quicker and faster. Why do you prefer Watkins? Just curious because Nixon intrigues me, as does Stephenson.

I don't know anything abut Nixon or Watkins. Nixon is smaller, quicker and faster. Why do you prefer Watkins? Just curious because Nixon intrigues me, as does Stephenson.
Big, fast, great hands and productive. I was amazed he went undrafted.

I like Watkins. But obviously the Pats wanted the faster deep threat. I wanted Dax Milne. I felt Milne has a lot of Edelman in him, but in a bigger package. Milne ran a slower 40, ran a 4.54 (Edelman ran a 4.52) to Nixon’s 4.43, but I liked Milne’s 6.85 three cone, and I watched a lot of BYU games the last few years, and I loved Milne as a prospect. But I’m guessing they feel they have the slot covered with Meyers, Bourne and Gunner.

That being said. They obviously liked Nixon more than Milne & Watkins.

I like Watkins. But obviously the Pats wanted the faster deep threat. I wanted Dax Milne. I felt Milne has a lot of Edelman in him, but in a bigger package. Milne ran a slower 40, ran a 4.54 (Edelman ran a 4.52) to Nixon’s 4.43, but I liked Milne’s 6.85 three cone, and I watched a lot of BYU games the last few years, and I loved Milne as a prospect. But I’m guessing they feel they have the slot covered with Meyers, Bourne and Gunner.

That being said. They obviously liked Nixon more than Milne & Watkins.
Nixon had a 6.81 3-cone, so he is quicker AND faster than both Milne and Watkins.

Saying that, these are Pro Day results and hand held stopwatches usually record a testing result about 0.1 seconds faster than a computerized stopwatch. I have no idea, since there was not a Combine for consistency, if any of these results are with a hand held stopwatch.

Overall Nixon is the better athlete by a significant amount. Quicker off the line and faster down the field. And I read he plays fast too, not just a track athlete, which Ernie probably recognized too.

I have no history watching film on any of these guys except highlight film (which is very limited in providing a balanced overall evaluation).

Last edited:
Big, fast, great hands and productive. I was amazed he went undrafted.

Yes a typical Pats pick, but they went with Nixon for his 6.81 3-cone and 4.4 forty times - they are drafting for a down field threat.

Interesting note from Jeff Howe on Nixon:

Tre Nixon has elite speed. He ran a laser-timed, 4.38-second 40-yard dash at a Nike camp as a sophomore in high school. He has also been spending upwards of 16 hours per day at Gillette Stadium since reporting to the team.

(subscription required)

An observation: Nixon had 2-3 pics in the OTAS Pats Photo album...he's a lock (according to those who believe photos at practices can tell whether you have any talent.)

Thank god he has pictures on the site!!!!! I only wish those other picture less slackers would do something worthy of getting their pictures taken!

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back