PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp: Joint Practices with Detroit week thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what’s the deal with Shilique Calhoun? Very fascinated to hear he’s getting first team reps.

Harris and Meyers kicking ass. The catch percentage for receptions vs targets between the both of them is outstanding. Harry and Meyers have been targeted 37 times so far on 11-on-11's with just 9 incompletions...I would bet that some of those 9 were not catchable.

Last edited:
Harris and Meyers kicking ass. The catch percentage between the both of them is outstanding.

I'm increasingly encouraged about the WR corps. With Harry coming along, Harris and Meyers both far exceeding expectations, Gordon applying for reinstatement and Thomas running well, it seems likely that we'll have patched together a respectable receiver group starting from nothing but a squirrel.

TE, though, not so much.

I'm increasingly encouraged about the WR corps. With Harry coming along, Harris and Meyers both far exceeding expectations, Gordon applying for reinstatement and Thomas running well, it seems likely that we'll have patched together a respectable receiver group starting from nothing but a squirrel.

TE, though, not so much.
Maybe come out in 4 and 5 wr sets.

I thought I read somewhere he was losing weight. He looks even fatter than last season.

He's been spending to much time hanging out with the NT group after practice.

I thought I read somewhere he was losing weight. He looks even fatter than last season.

Perhaps he can start by actually walking around the field instead of driving around in an ATV?

Perhaps he can start by actually walking around the field instead of driving around in an ATV?
I think I read somewhere that he tore his Achilles and is still recovering...

Overall I liked what I heard in this joint practice. I this team really needs some help at WR and that will probably need to come from Meyers and Harry. I think Harry in particular needs to string together some good practices in a row.

Sometimes going against lower competition is important for a player. It allows them to slow everything down just a hair and get in a rhythm. It's my hope this time allows him to really get some consistency.
It worked for Russell Wilson. He once cited the 2012 Seahawks you mad bro game as the point where he felt like he could cut it in the league. Just a quick refresher, Wilson's game winning TD to Sidney Rice had rookies Tavon Wilson and Nate Ebner playing the deep safeties. o_O

Let's say both Harris and Meyers makes the 53...who is more suited to play the slot? Asking for me.

EDIT: I'm going with Meyers...

MEYERS:

STRENGTHS

Developed strong field rapport with Ryan Finley. Safety net from the slot with 222 targets over two seasons. Quarterback convert who continues to hone his craft. Sneaky to separate from stems. Keeps route breaks and turns tight. Good toughness to work in the middle of the field. Doesn't need much time to get catch-ready. Competes when ball is in the air. Hands are soft but sudden. High school baseball player with plus ball-tracking. Excellent body adjustments to haul in inaccurate throws. Frame and hand strength to catch through contact

WEAKNESSES

Below-average athlete. Won't see same number of free releases in the pros. Lacks sudden feet to shake press in front of him. Lethargic early speed into routes. Does not inspire fear to push defenders off of him with long speed. Needs to craft more dynamic routes to uncover. Too gradual getting into his breaks underneath. Feasted on outs and crossing routes against off-coverage. Lacks twitchy burst out of breaks to get away from tight man. Below-average as downfield leaper.

Jakobi Meyers: Combine Stats at NFL.com

Last edited:
Let's say both Harris and Meyers makes the 53...who is more suited to play the slot? Asking for me.

I heard both have lined up in multiple positions but I would still prefer Edelman. :cool:

I heard both have lined up in multiple positions but I would still prefer Edelman. :cool:

Agree...both have lined up there...and Jules is 33. I'd love for one of them to take over when the time comes...and I think it's gonna happen.

Agree...both have lined up there...and Jules is 33. I'd love for one of them to take over when the time comes...and I think it's gonna happen.

And three years is a really long time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand