PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going back and forth on him getting to the PS this year.

On the one hand we always overestimate how much other teams would like to sign players that can't crack the 53. And with Thomas there is an additional layer of that with how nobody offered him any bigger UDFA deals. The Pats got him for a 2,500 $ signing bonus. And with him missing most of camp and no preseason games as a showcase I am not sure that market grew larger.

On the other hand BBs UDFAs are often under a bigger microscope because of our continued success with them. But those also seem pretty rare. Apart from KGH to the Eagles who else would be an example where they gave up a solid player ? Maybe Austin Carr who got about 100 YDs over 3 years with the Saints ?

Cre'von LeBlanc is another I was sorry to see go.

As for Thomas, I may be on a limb, but I think that the Pats have a lot of good players competing for the WR position at present. If he were a tight end or fullback I'd feel differently.

Unless there is a better player at another position I would take a chance with Thomas for the PS. I am not sure but I think this year you can protect up to 4 players on the PS so maybe worth a slot for him.

This adds to what Gilmore said about Olszweski.

It's awesome that he's taken such a step. Hopefully it translates to game production both as the Punt Returner and in terms of getting on the field as the 4th WR behind Edelman, Sanu, and Harry.
I’m rooting for Gunner to be the next reincarnation of the Welker/Amendola/Edelman cyborg.

Paging Captain Stone:

Who are the top 3 guys that should have been taken (in this year's draft) instead of the kicker? He's about to get the bus ticket and the apple FFS

#159 would've actually been a good spot to grab Anfernee Jennings or Dalton Keene, as I would not have considered either one of them until then, and chances are pretty good that at least one - if not both - would still have been available here...

But if we're going by what has already happened during the first 158 picks, then based on what our needs are and what positions have not yet been addressed vis-a-vis the best remaining at those positions of need, I would've chosen DE Bradley Anae...

Others under consideration there would've been: OT Prince Tega Wanogho, C Nick Harris, T/Gs Hakeem Adeniji & Jon Runyan Jr, QB Jakob Fromm, CB Kindle Vildor, FS JR Reed...and no less than a HALF-DOZEN WRs...

There were also some decent DTs still available, though I wouldn't have used #159 on any of them at this point...The 6th/7th rounds might've likely been a different story however...

Others worthy of #159, but at positions already addressed were LBs Justin Strand, Markus Bailey & Evan Weaver; and TEs Hunter Bryant, Jared Pinkney & Thad Son of Randy Moss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes