PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien Harris hits a hole and takes it for an 80-yard touchdown run... Did I miss where he was supposed to be able to blow people away like that? I think I ought to be excited

Glad to see Harris is doing so well. We may need him if Miller is still hobbled and Michel does his customary trip to IR later this season.

DaBruinz,

Lassur had a report I think earlier in the week stating that Eluemenor has been a pleasant surprise and has played well so far.

Not hearing a lot one way or the other about people lining up at RT. Be it Cajuste, Eluemenor, or Cunningham..

Glad to see Harris is doing so well. We may need him if Miller is still hobbled and Michel does his customary trip to IR later this season.
What a complete $ hit post

Slightly OT:

Do we give him a look? Or is it redundant at this point?

These snippets makes me believe that we are really, really loaded at D-Back.. Jojuan Williams, Terrence Brooks, D'Angelo Ross and Adrian Phillips all came to play.

Maybe the best offense will be a really good defense..
Plus practicing against them has a couple of effects. For one, it makes it hard to tell how good or bad the offense really is, and how they’ll do against lesser defensive backfields. It also will train our receivers to compete at a very high level, which should benefit against other DBs. If Gunner is able to beat Gilmore, as he’s done more than once recently, he’s likely to be able to beat most of the DBs he gets matched up against.

Paging Captain Stone:

Who are the top 3 guys that should have been taken (in this year's draft) instead of the kicker? He's about to get the bus ticket and the apple FFS

Practice was live streamed today via Unfiltered ...

Paging Captain Stone:

Who are the top 3 guys that should have been taken (in this year's draft) instead of the kicker? He's about to get the bus ticket and the apple FFS

I hope that you aren't asking him for his draft opinion in a serious manner. It may take him a day or so to scour research what late round picks are showing up well in training camp so far.

I hope that you aren't asking him for his draft opinion in a serious manner. It may take him a day or so to scour research what late round picks are showing up well in training camp so far.

Or he could just close his eyes and randomly pick any 3 players from after the kicker was drafted. They'll still have been better choices.

-

Captain is actually a solid draft prospects source. His disposition might not be cheery & waives a JAG flag quick & often (like most of this board) but he is quite informed unlike your post here..

He was by far the first on JC Jackson iirc, begged BB for Dion Dawkins etc etc.
And i dont remember him posting ad hominem..

Not hearing a lot one way or the other about people lining up at RT. Be it Cajuste, Eluemenor, or Cunningham..

Elu is doing well in run game, struggles in PP as would be expected from guard.
Herron is showing nice progress.

Is this enough for competent RT? Well, with Cam under center and TE help could be enough. The drop off from top 4 OL to the rest is big though. Froholdt is improving nicely & could/should be upgrade to Karras but its a dangerously thin position behind elite 4.

But if you ask Lazar Elu is an upgrade to (injured) Cannon so take your pick :)

Pleasantly surprised by the state of the defense so far in training camp. While the loss of Chung and Hightower is going to hurt, DBs remain a major strength for this team.

It could mean that the offense is bad, but I'd rather think glass half-full.

From Pats Pulpit, on Stephon Gilmore:

Winner: CB Stephon Gilmore
In case you have been living under a proverbial rock lately, Stephon Gilmore is outstanding and today was another reminder of that. Jeff Thomas and Julian Edelman caught passes with him as the nearest defender in team work, yes, but he made shutting down Edelman and Mohamed Sanu in 1-on-1s look easy while breaking up both passes thrown his way. Gilmore missed four practices to attend a personal matter, but he has not skipped a beat.

I fully expect another DPOY season from Gilmore. He's so damn good.

From Pats Pulpit, on Stephon Gilmore:

Winner: CB Stephon Gilmore
In case you have been living under a proverbial rock lately, Stephon Gilmore is outstanding and today was another reminder of that. Jeff Thomas and Julian Edelman caught passes with him as the nearest defender in team work, yes, but he made shutting down Edelman and Mohamed Sanu in 1-on-1s look easy while breaking up both passes thrown his way. Gilmore missed four practices to attend a personal matter, but he has not skipped a beat.

I fully expect another DPOY season from Gilmore. He's so damn good.

Makes this very impressive:
When Stephon Gilmore allowed his first catch of training camp Wednesday morning, it was Olszewski who hauled it in. The scrappy wideout beat the Defensive Player of the Year on a comeback route on the right sideline, and then built upon that momentum for the rest of the session. It was a crisp route.
Gunner Olszewski ‘has a dog mentality,’ catches first pass on Stephon Gilmore

Jeff Howe on Anfernee Jennings (good news):

Anfernee Jennings has been overly impressive during the last three practices. They’re putting a lot on his plate, and he is responding well in team drills. On Thursday, Jennings made three strong reads against the run, recorded a pressure against Hoyer and held his own in coverage. He might have over-pursued a couple plays, but there’s a long learning curve at linebacker and he already looks like he belongs.

Jeff Thomas hype train!!!!

Love him to make the team bc I'm not sure that he'll make it through waivers to the practice squad but he may not have enough time to show what he can do.

Love him to make the team bc I'm not sure that he'll make it through waivers to the practice squad but he may not have enough time to show what he can do.

I am going back and forth on him getting to the PS this year.

On the one hand we always overestimate how much other teams would like to sign players that can't crack the 53. And with Thomas there is an additional layer of that with how nobody offered him any bigger UDFA deals. The Pats got him for a 2,500 $ signing bonus. And with him missing most of camp and no preseason games as a showcase I am not sure that market grew larger.

On the other hand BBs UDFAs are often under a bigger microscope because of our continued success with them. But those also seem pretty rare. Apart from KGH to the Eagles who else would be an example where they gave up a solid player ? Maybe Austin Carr who got about 100 YDs over 3 years with the Saints ?

Gunner blossoming is soo nice to hear man. I hope we can see it on the field

Im sad that Meyers didnt improve upon his rookie season. I liked him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick