PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trading 2011 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you shouldn't be depending on the draft. You should want more free agents and trades of 2011 picks and 2010 picks that can aontribute this year.

My problem is that I want to win this year.

Am I just out of loop here? Is Spiller lightning in a bottle? Like Adrian Peterson good? I realize every pick is a risk to some degree in the NFL as was Peterson with his injury concerns.{now his fumble concerns} I just don't think personally he is worth throwing the draft away for unless it is a small trade up similiar to Graham or Woody in recent past. If he was so good wouldn't he be picked top 5?

Suh, McClain, Hayden, Berry. They are all "almost" undeniably the best at their positions and worthy of being traded up for. Spiller? There are scattered arguments on every board that he is not. I don't know, I just cringe at the fact of trading up to 12 to get him.

Spiller is not an Adrian Peterson type back. But then again take away Steve Hutchinson at OG and Adrian Peterson is not Adrian Peterson either.

Spiller is more like Chris Johnson only with much better hands and much better return skills. I expect Spiller to run in the low 4.3's, interview extremely well and catch the ball better than most of the other RB's which should cause him to shoot up draft boards.

All excellent points cited here, DH. Bottom line: we keep the Raider pick unless someone makes us an offer we can't refuse. :cool:

Agreed. I'm not adverse to trading our #1 pick next year to make a move on someone like McClain. The Raider#1 pick we need to keep. Its sets up our whole draft next year as a probable top ten pick.

Agreed. I'm not adverse to trading our #1 pick next year to make a move on someone like McClain. The Raider#1 pick we need to keep. Its sets up our whole draft next year as a probable top ten pick.

Egg-Zack-Lee! :cool:

The obvious pick is to trade our 1st rounder in 2011 and keep the Raiders pick. I think that Chicago would be a interesting team to talk with because they gave up everything to get Cutler. If we could get their pick in this years draft (10 or 11, coin flip) plus manage to keep our own 22 we would be in great shape. Although, if BB trades back AGAIN someone would mistake me for one of those hooligans at European soccer matches.

The obvious pick is to trade our 1st rounder in 2011 and keep the Raiders pick. I think that Chicago would be a interesting team to talk with because they gave up everything to get Cutler. If we could get their pick in this years draft (10 or 11, coin flip) plus manage to keep our own 22 we would be in great shape. Although, if BB trades back AGAIN someone would mistake me for one of those hooligans at European soccer matches.

But chew on this for a second: the players that go at the top of the third round this year might have gone at the top of the second in 2009. . . .

But chew on this for a second: the players that go at the top of the third round this year might have gone at the top of the second in 2009. . . .
Knock off the rationality, this is a time for raw emotion and extreme psychological trauma. :yeeha:

Knock off the rationality, this is a time for raw emotion and extreme psychological trauma. :yeeha:

I find it extremely interesting and comforting that BB manages to have 3 picks in the second round in a draft that most people are calling a banner crop.

Btw: as it stands now: Is it #22, #44, #47 & #54?

Any way you slice it that's an enviable position to be in for any team. Thank you BB! :cool:

Last edited:
I find it extremely interesting and comforting that BB manages to have 3 picks in the second round in a draft that most people are calling a banner crop.

Btw: as it stands now: Is it #22, #44, #47 & #54?

Any way you slice it that's an enviable position to be in for any team. Thank you BB! :cool:
Yes, for the moment. 2010 NFL draft order updated | National Football Post

What you want to hope for is Jacksonville losing their coin toss (that would give NE #42) and Tennessee winning their's (if they lose NE gets #48)

Keep Raiders #1, trade ours if we feel its worth it.

Well that's the same as saying Pat Chung was a 1st rounder last year because he was taken at the top of the 2nd round. I'm not discrediting your thought process because it's alot of the way we do business, however thats ALOT of wishful thinking & hoping!

Personally, I would sit tight. If the draft is that deep, there will be several 1st rounders dropping. With three picks in the 2nd round, I would rather stockpile a deep draft w/o giving anything up. We have lots of holes, and could use two very solid draft years.

Well that's the same as saying Pat Chung was a 1st rounder last year because he was taken at the top of the 2nd round. I'm not discrediting your thought process because it's alot of the way we do business, however thats ALOT of wishful thinking & hoping!

Actually, that's not quite the analogy I'm making.

Let's say you're going to, say, the UK. You'll get a lot more for your money if the exchange rate favors the US than if it favors the UK.

Same idea here: a second-round pick is worth more in a deep draft (favors the US) than a weak one (favors the UK).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST