PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Wes Welker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welker isn't going anywhere until next spring, and hopefully that can be avoided as well.

If a team was given permission to negotiate a contract prior to completion of the trade I am sure he could provide some value in return.

He can not with any team in the league negotiate a new deal. He is barred from a new deal till February. CBA franchise rules. Thus any team has to be able to take 8.9 million right now(pro-rated salary after 1 game).

Then next yr that team can franchise him at 120%, sign him to LTD or let him walk.

Are you related to Tommy James? You know, the guy that wrote, "I think we're alone now".

Shondell...is that you??

No, I'm just a Mirage.

Noooooo! Please make it stop! This is supposed to be an off season thread!

Last edited:
Did the runaway train finally derail? :rolleyes:

I think we're alone now.....
invisi.gif

Won't be surprised if he is traded for a DB and a WR to play opposite Lloyd. We have Salas and Edelman for the Slot.
The Seymour trade was a shocker so a welker trade wouldn't be crazy.

BB has said it before. Every one is tradable.. Ana's everyone has a role before they are traded

Actually, he's said that there's a small core of players who are NOT tradable, but everyone else is open for discussion.

For example, I would guess that the asking price for GRONK starts at something like ten first-rounders.

God i love football....
God i hate football fans....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Threads like this make me very happy that the ignore thread function was added.

When I first saw this post I thought it was April 1st....and then I sipped my coffee and remembered it's September

Worst thread of the season and I diagree with just about everything the OP says.
Terrible!

Welker isn't going anywhere until next spring, and hopefully that can be avoided as well.

I like Welker as much as anyone, but there's no universe where giving a 32 year old possesion receiver a huge long term deal is a good idea.

If Welker is back next year, its a bad sign for the team going forward.

My God, wasn't this crap in the off-season bad enough? Now I have to wake up to it when we have actual games to talk about?

I like Welker as much as anyone, but there's no universe where giving a 32 year old possesion receiver a huge long term deal is a good idea.

If Welker is back next year, its a bad sign for the team going forward.

If he's back next year, it's most likely on a 2-3 year deal that won't cripple the team long-term.

If a team was given permission to negotiate a contract prior to completion of the trade I am sure he could provide some value in return.

I agree -- but that can't happen due to the franchise rules, correct? Once a player signs the franchise contract he can't renegotiate?

If this is the worst of the season then you all are in for a long ass season.

I didn't think it was bad a lot of over reaction for something that should have just been ignored and allowed to die.

Anyway I say there will be about 8 more welker threads before the season ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back