PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade for Eagles WR Jeremy Maclin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunchucks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am not one to propose trades, but I just read that Maclin could be on the block. I would be very happy to trade a number 1 pick to a team that needs to retool for Maclin. Belichick reprtedly liked him coming out of college and bb is friends with Chip kelly.

Maybe this is the big wr trade? I hope so.

I see them going after sanders for a #3 pick...#1 pick for maclin? Ehhh

I'm not interested in giving up a 1st rounder. But I'm all for giving up a 2nd.

Give up first rounder and probably a reworked contract. Terrible idea IMO.

I don't know about that; it would leave the cupboard bare for the draft and BB hates doing that but ..... it would be safer to get a known commodity than risk another bad WR choice by BB

Honestly I'd be pretty pissed if we gave up anything more than a low 3rd rounder for Maclin. He's good, not great, has injury history, and one year on contract. If the Eagles are truly rebuilding, which it looks they are, offer a 4 and conditional 3, otherwise, no.

If the Patriots orchestrate any trades it'll be on draft day or thereafter. I find it hard to believe that Belichick would want to go into the draft with slim to no manoeuvrability.

I like Maclin but would sooner use a first for Allen, Austin, or Woods than pay both the pick and price for him. I would even think about Hopkins with the pick, but I have a gnawing sense that as always Belichick will go the unexpected route in the first and take a guy like Jesse Williams and maintain line strength or meet a need ahead of time.

Count me in.

A 3rd would do it, max a late 2nd with maybe a later pick coming back to the pats.

Much more safe than sanders, and he may not be in the eagles long term plans with the acquisition of Benn.

His new contract wouldn't be much, if any higher than what sanders is going to command.

would rather give up the 1st rounder for cruz and i don't even want to do that

I've watched Maclin sine he entered the league. He is pretty good and a td machine. He has had crap qbs throwing to him in philly. Think you guys are seriously underrating him

I've watched Maclin sine he entered the league. He is pretty good and a td machine. He has had crap qbs throwing to him in philly. Think you guys are seriously underrating him

I agree with you that Maclin would have potential here, but your proposed compensation is way off.

Who on God's earth would give (or ask) a 1st round pick for Jeremy Maclin?

First round draft picks in the NFL are rarities.

I'd do it for a 3rd. Maybe a 3rd and a 7th.

Maclin is worth a 4th or 5th pick at best. Good God.

I agree with you that Maclin would have potential here, but your proposed compensation is way off.

If the Patriots considered giving up a 3rd for Emmanuel Sanders then Jeremy Maclin is worth a 3rd and another pick (as you've said) or a second round choice. He's a very good player.

The Patriots don't have the picks to consummate trades at the moment. In fairness, I'd prefer the team tried to move around some of their own assets to improve their draft situation.

I'd be all for it if a multi year cap friendly contract can be worked out first. I don't know what kind of $$ Maclin will demand once his current contract runs out and if it's a 1-2 year rental, say he does well here it will be hard to keep him. We already have alot of cap tied up in Brady/Gronk/Ahern/Mankins.

258 receptions and more than 3500 yards in 4 years? Seems to be in pretty heady company.

Haven't seen enough of him to know, though, and I agree with the above: were I giving up a 1st, I'd go with Cruz (if he wasn't going to be a contract nightmare, which I suspect he will be, going forward). The guy has got a ton of upside.

The only WR I would consider for a 1st is Larry F.
Cruz maybe if his salary is not $7-8M.

I think our priority should be Dumerville for our CAP remainder.

Then what about Danario Alexander and the Chargers putting a no pick tender on him?
"Alexander came on like gangbusters late in the year -- he caught all 37 of his 2012 passes for 657 yards and seven touchdowns in November and December."

He still has speed. His operations were in college. He was really coming on and instead of the smurfs we seem to like at WR, he is 6'5" and 222lbs and he is AQuan like. He is only 25.

Pick he or Sanders and as long as the haul was including Dumerville, perhaps the Pats had the top FA haul at least to rival Miami. How may Cousins here would like to see Dumerville as retribution for WW? I am surprised Kraft hasn't sent a memo. He was hot about this!!!!!!!!

Take a look at this stuff on Alexander. Speed? Yup!The Chargers are nuts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpQr6WLJr4I

I like Cruz. Just seems he might be too expensive. I think Volmer gets overpaid now after Long.
DW Toys

The only WR I would consider for a 1st is Larry F.
Cruz maybe if his salary is not $7-8M.

I think our priority should be Dumerville for our CAP remainder.

Then what about Danario Alexander and the Chargers putting a no pick tender on him?
"Alexander came on like gangbusters late in the year -- he caught all 37 of his 2012 passes for 657 yards and seven touchdowns in November and December."

He still has speed. His operations were in college. He was really coming on and instead of the smurfs we seem to like at WR, he is 6'5" and 222lbs and he is AQuan like. He is only 25.

Pick he or Sanders and as long as the haul was including Dumerville, perhaps the Pats had the top FA haul at least to rival Miami. How may Cousins here would like to see Dumerville as retribution for WW? I am surprised Kraft hasn't sent a memo. He was hot about this!!!!!!!!

Like Cruz. Just seems he might be too expensive. I think Volmer gets overpaid now after Long.
DW Toys
Dumervil is horrendous against the run. It's bad economics to spend that much money on a one trick pony. I prefer BB's approach to cheaper situational players who can add to depth citing unforeseen injuries.

Maclin has shown flashes, but he has yet to put together a 1,000 yard season (got close in 2011). He is in the last year of his rookie deal and may be looking for more than his worth.

I would say offer the 3rd rounder for him, but that might be high. If the Pats had a 4th or 5th, I would say trade that. The third would have to be contingent on a long term deal being made. Granted in the current market, Maclin may want to play out his current deal and hope the free agent market is better or he gets franchised if it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots