Best 1st Round Outcome

• Caleb Williams

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Jayden Daniels + Roman Odunze

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters
People are going to be very disappointed when the Pats don't pick a QB in the 1st 3 rounds unless they've traded back and gotten multiple 1st rounders.

You take Marvin Harrison Jr. He is the only sure thing. Get a Veteran free agent QB and draft Dion's kid Shedeur Sanders in 2nd if available.

If you take MHJ, then you have to draft Book end OTs in the 2nd and 3rd round. Otherwise, no QB you put back there is going to be able to handle the pressure they bring.

If you take MHJ, then you have to draft Book end OTs in the 2nd and 3rd round. Otherwise, no QB you put back there is going to be able to handle the pressure they bring.
I would be happy with something like this

Attachments

• Pats 5rd mock.png
    Pats 5rd mock.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 12
Isnt Williams a version of Mac Jones with the crying and the other stuff?

Plus, he is a USC QB.
Yeah man, I am for sure not sold on him. I didnt watch any USC games, but did he elevate the play of those around him or just surrounded by elite talent?
I think QB for sure then attack the Oline. It all starts there

Any discussion on whether to trade back ~ must ~ include on what you are getting to trade back and what position you are trading back to. I would love the Patriots to get the first pick in the draft not because I am sold on any Williams or Maye, but simply because of the options holding that pick would give us. There is always a good chance that someone is going to give up the farm for that draft pick. (see 49ers Trey Lance 2021) I would say don't fall in love with any of those 2024 guys Williams, Maye, Pennix, Nix, JJ Mcarthy, who you decide to target should at least take into account what you would get to trade down.

People are acting like the #2 pick comes along all the time. Just take one of the two best QB's. Don't overthink it.
The best QB could be picked 8th or 9th. It's subjective who the top QB's are. Between now and draft day, the pundits may have even changed their mind and Williams/Maye are no longer 1-2. It's up to the Patriots to decide who they like the best, and if they think they can get that guy at 8 or 9, then they'll try to trade down and pick up some high picks. This isn't like trading down from 21 to 27, the payoff is multiple 1st and 2nd round picks.

Very easy

Usually you are not bad enough to have a draft position to get one of the top 2 qbs without trading up

This is such a weird feeling for us; being in the position of having a top 3 pick.

Correct if I’m wrong, but we haven’t been in this position since ‘92 when we drafted Drew..if my memory serves me right.
Drew was 93 I think, a very good pick luckily we didn't take Mirer

So why did you say he wouldn’t come here because he’d be a stopgap here but not elsewhere?
I didn’t. Musta been someone else.

After watchin two #2 draft picks; Zach Wilson and Mitch Tribuski this year struggle mightily, wih a high draft pick is a QB the best solution?? What do the analytics look like for a highly successful high QB pick??
My guess is that we trade back a few spaces and take good look at Jayden Daniels of LSU.. big strong, accurate passer and pick up a 3rd round pick.

Um…

Those are the top 3 QB’s on the board, you can’t trade back and get any of them. Trading back this year is like sticking with Jones and Zappe.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back