PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tracking BB's WR whiffs

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I think we all know how 2019 whiffs such a Deebo, Metcalf, and Brown are doing [gawd, was painful to watch Deebo last weekend] but how about the more recent whiffs?

Jacobi Meyers certainly looked good last night; every time he caught a pass, I died a little. How is DeAndre Hopkins doing? How about Braxton Berrios? Pickens?

over it whatever GIF

Looks like we need at least one more thread on how much Bill sucks.

So we are counting guys we failed to draft as whiffs? or free agents we didn't sign?

Meyers - definitely a huge error in not re-signing him... but that's something ive been saying all along... You want to keep guys like Meyers on the roster...

Braxton Berrios - as a WR? Meh... more of a special teamer than wr... people forget he made the team in '18, but spent the season on IR...

Im really pissed we havent traded for Puka, Diggs, Jefferson, Lamb etc... How dare BB not trade for these guys - we have the cap space... he just hates good wide receivers :mad:

what a stupid ass thread.

The lack of WR's hurt them in quite a few big games. Had Bill taken the WR position more seriously, they would've had more titles. You'd think the light bulb would've went on with Bill after seeing what Tom did with elite WR play in 2007.

The lack of WR's hurt them in quite a few big games. Had Bill taken the WR position more seriously, they would've had more titles. You'd think the light bulb would've went on with Bill after seeing what Tom did with elite WR play in 2007.
whats that? score 6 points in the super bowl?

whats that? score 6 points in the super bowl?
So we're going to ignore the 16-0 record and the record breaking offense?

McDaniels takes a lot of blame for being thrown off by Spagnolo. No doubt that was a choke job though by Tom and the offense.

So we're going to ignore the 16-0 record and the record breaking offense?

No doubt that was a choke job though.
welll, how about a little ****ing perspective on the issue instead of preaching it out loud like a pastor on a street corner soap box...

and the only thing 16-0 got the Patriots was a beautiful, Colt-Like Banner
YFLZexa.jpg

welll, how about a little ****ing perspective on the issue instead of preaching it out loud like a pastor on a street corner soap box...
Folks have a fairly selective memory around here. Elite WRs got them exactly zero super bowls. Not saying they don't need one now, but then it was a different NFL.

Folks have a fairly selective memory around here. Elite WRs got them exactly zero super bowls. Not saying they don't need one now, but then it was a different NFL.
think 'bout this

Laurence Maroney has as many Super Bowl TDs as Randy Moss

think 'bout this

Laurence Maroney has as many Super Bowl TDs as Randy Moss
If they lost the Ravens game or ... oh wait, we don't discuss that team.

@Pape me neither northing else here to see.

Had we devoted more to WR than other positions they would probably have fewer titles.

Last edited:
There wasn't a need to draft an elite WR for 20 years because we had a QB who was amazing at spreading the ball. This let the offense emphasize things like 2 TE sets, running back by committee, and we were lucky to have pass catching RBs like Faulk, Vereen, and James White.

But the real message of this thread is that people around here are downright chlidish when the team sucks.

Love Jules, but no, during the regular season he was not.
I mean, he had 2 seasons with 100+ rcpts and 2 seasons with 90+ rcpts. He also had 74 rcpts the season he sat 4 games.
those seasons had him with 32 td's. also 300 first down rcpts.
thats not including any of his post season stats
for me, over 5 seasons, he was elite.

he was also on the field with two other elite targets, Gronk and White

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back