PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top NE divisional round moments of the past 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Defiant Goose

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Because we could use something other than trying to convince ourselves we aren't gonna ****-stomp Houston tomorrow night.

Honorable Mention:

2011 Patriots vs Broncos

Tom Brady's punt on 3rd down during a blowout win against the Tebow Broncos followed by Von Miller getting his ass thrown to the ground by the OL

5. 2007 Patriots vs Jaguars

Brady goes 26/28 passing with both incompletions coming from drops.

2013 Patriots vs Colts

LeGarrette Blount scores 4 touchdowns and rushes for 166 in a 43-22 victory over the Colts

3. 2006 Patriots vs Chargers

The Brady interception by Marlon McCree who then fumbled thanks to a heads-up play by Troy Brown.

(Couldn't find video)

r37074_576x324_16-9.jpg

2. 2014 Patriots vs Ravens

Duron Harmon's game-sealing interception of Joe Flacco to send the Pats to the AFCCG

1. 2014 Patriots vs Ravens

Edelman's TD pass to Amendola to tie the game at 28-28 after the Patriots were down by two touchdowns for the second time that night.

Recency bias!!

How about:
  • Vinatieri's tying kick vs. OAK in 2001
  • 41yd bomb to Bethel Johnson vs TEN in 2003
  • 46yd FG by Vinatieri to take the lead vs TEN in 2003
  • Knocking the ball out of Drew Bennett's hands vs TEN in 2003 to seal the win
  • Bruschi ripping the ball away from Dominic Rhoades vs IND in 2004
  • The crowd chanting "Cut that meat!" vs IND in 2004.

Great thread, but the 10-year cutoff is somewhat arbitrary. Vinateri's game-tying kick vs. Oakland during the Snow Bowl is probably the most memorable moment in a divisional round series.

Recency bias!!

How about:
Past ten years :p. We could do a great top ten moments from both the dynasty era team (2001-2007) and the do your job era (2010-now) teams.

All pretty cool but Troy Brown was always my favourite player so No 3 for me., My first signed Patriots Jersey was his.

Vinatieri's game tying kick in the Snow Bowl...as he himself said, a one in 10 shot

Great thread, but the 10-year cutoff is somewhat arbitrary. Vinateri's game-tying kick vs. Oakland during the Snow Bowl is probably the most memorable moment in a divisional round series.

Posted at same time...not stealing :)

Recency bias!!

How about:

Don't forget this.....

Von Miller getting stomped on the sidelines by 5 guys was so funny.

Thankfully there is so many to choose from. I like'm all!

I did past 10 years because if I did the BB/TB era I'd have to make a top 10 and I'd be here all day with another 15 HMs hahah

That 06 Chargers team would've curb stomped Indianapolis too. But who knows, maybe they all get the flu and get a 107 fever in the visitors' locker room in Indy too

Recency bias!!

How about:

YESSSS!!!! then proceeding to yell! They don't got it!

Snow Bowl kick to tie is IMHO the most memorable....Madden thought it was the greatest kick ever.

The 2014 matchup against the Ravens is one of the greater games of this era. That game was a roller coaster from start to finish. The mental toughness of that team both in this particular game and SB49 was just remarkable.

Brady to LaFell to beat Baltimore is my favorite, just ahead of the Bruschi rip-away.

Very underrated play but that pass was probably one of the best of Brady's career. 30+ yards out, floats it, and drops it in Lafell's hands perfectly split between two defenders with good position. That throw was a thing of absolute beauty.

All pretty cool but Troy Brown was always my favourite player so No 3 for me., My first signed Patriots Jersey was his.

Troy's my favorite player also. He was a one man wrecking crew in three phases of the game.

As for the top plays, the Ravens 2014 game was the easy winner if we're staying within the limit of 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents