Tony Garcia Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Patriots notebook: Malcolm Butler battling through illness

Pats offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia believes rookie tackle Tony Garcia is improving from his season-ending illness. The nature of the illness hasn’t been disclosed, but Garcia lost a considerable amount of weight. He is currently between 260-265 pounds. He weighed 302 pounds at the scouting combine.

“He has gone through some medical issues, which I will not speak about,” Scarnecchia said. “He is working hard. He is starting to gain his weight back. We realized this was going to be a process for him this year, and it has been a process for him. We’re going to be extremely patient with this guy. We feel like we owe him that, and he is giving us everything he can in return right now. He is working out every day. I think he is starting to trend toward a good direction, and we’ll see what we’ve got this spring and going into training camp.”

It was a really bizarre situation considering that he showed up for practice, was seen leaving the practice field, and then never practiced again. Obviously it turned into a pretty big deal. It's good to hear that they're not giving up on him, though.

I still have high hopes for Garcia. He was so athletic and nasty in college. If he can regain his health and strength, then with Scar's teaching he could really be something special if Solder moves on.

Hopefully whatever illness he had is gone for good and not just in remission

Damn...Here I was just saying yesterday that Garcia needed to ADD weight. Wow. I didn't even know about this.

There are also rumours of Solder to Denver next year coming out of Denver, which does make sense along with Solder's son's situation and the idea he is a FA, possibly seeing Denver give him a bit more than here, while BB/Scar liked Garcia enough to make it a priority.

It was good to hear how he is doing. Once he got IR'd there was nothing.

I wish him well and a speedy return now that he has beaten whatever illness knocked him down.

These medical issues when people lose 40+ pounds are frightening.

God I hope it wasn't cancer.

Other thing that came to mind was "Jamie Collins disease", which didn't ruin his whole season, but did mess with his weight for months.

These medical issues when people lose 40+ pounds are frightening.

God I hope it wasn't cancer.

Unfortunately, it more than likely was. It's good to hear that he's on the comeback trail, though.

Damn...Here I was just saying yesterday that Garcia needed to ADD weight. Wow. I didn't even know about this.

There are also rumours of Solder to Denver next year coming out of Denver, which does make sense along with Solder's son's situation and the idea he is a FA, possibly seeing Denver give him a bit more than here, while BB/Scar liked Garcia enough to make it a priority.

I think we will find a way to resign him but we will see.

Not comparing myself to Garcia or Cannons or solders health issues.

When I first had my illness I think I lost about 3/4 stone within two weeks, it’s concerning that you body can destroy everything within you at times.

I hope Garcia gets himself back to full fitness and a good state of health more than anything else, football comes secondary in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes