Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Tom Jackson likely out at ESPN after 28 years: source

Bill is going to be real disappointed.

url

is he fired or is he leaving on his own accord?

Love it ...

Hopefully all these high profile people who are leaving ESPN (probably not by choice) can start giving us a little behind the scenes of how stories are crafted by the execs (aka NFL cronies).

Guess they'll only do that when they retire, otherwise who'd hire whistleblowers.

Funny. They think their on air talent is the problem. Not that some like TJ aren't a problem but it's obvious to us here the problem runs much deeper.

Its obviously their business model (driving folks to uncouple or untether).

I'm not entirely sure that they see guys like TJ as a problem, except for that he is high priced. so they are just going younger, cheaper but equally "manageable" (that is, willing to be the nyjfl ventriloquist dummy)

This may not be popular, but to me Stuart Scott was the poster child for the "Hey look at me. It's all about me and not about sports. Boo-yeah. Other side of the pillow." BSPN spiral down the toilet.
It was about at that point where I consciously or not tuned out.
They started out as a great idea showing alternative sports and morphed into this enormous steamer.

This may not be popular, but to me Stuart Scott was the poster child for the "Hey look at me. It's all about me and not about sports. Boo-yeah. Other side of the pillow." BSPN spiral down the toilet.
It was about at that point where I consciously or not tuned out.
They started out as a great idea showing alternative sports and morphed into this enormous steamer.
I blame PTI. Stu schtick was different in flavor but not all that different than Berman's nicknames and funny noises.

I think PTI changed the game, instead of reporting sports it became put two guys on screen and let them argue or act holier than thou.

Wholly schnikies can't we just show some highlights and mix in some humor and call it a night. No need to argue or preach and definitely no need to spread league mandated propaganda. Just show some highlights and get out the way.

**** that guy, even if he wasn't a blatant Donkey honk/Pats hater I would dislike him because his "analysis" was terrible.

Like Carter and some others, Jackson never really brought much to the table. How and why he lasted so long is hard to figure. Aside from his infamous BB misstep I can't recall ever hearing anything useful or memorable from the guy. He was Berman's sidekick.

Probably shouldn't look any further than the money on this one. Jackson was one of the longer tenured guys on ESPN and, as such, he was probably highly paid as a result. With ESPN eating massive losses every quarter, this is simply a fat trimming move.

Besides Ron Borges, he was one of the first Patriot haters in the media - from the days when 9 out of 10 media personalities weren't rabid Patriot haters. Screw this guy.

I think with Jackson it was a more of a beef with Bill than the Pats. Heard the story that when Bill was a young assistant coach in DEN back in the late 70s Jackson was a real a-hole towards him and Bill didn't put up with his guff.

Audiences are getting younger and how they consume content is much more diversified and I bet Jackson was making too much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes