PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom needs to sit a game (Satire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an aging veteran. A work in progress. I do get it. I'm not done with the guy forever. But Tom Brady had a terrible game Sunday and made a big error that lost us 7 points, and I'm sure Bill doesn't take that sort of thing lightly, even in a victory.

I don't think he needs to be benched forever but he made some mistakes today and I'd sit him a game and let him work on whatever he was struggling with, and give Jarrett Stidham or Cody Kessler a look as a quarterback until he's in a better spot. If Bill just thinks it's a fluke that Brady needs to work out in live games I'd be OK with that, but in that situation I'd give the geezer a mental break
GTFO with your negativity...you sound like that Queefs troll and his "tourch" theory.

You had me at “give Cody Kessler a look”

Having read the other thread, the intent here was plain as day, and very funny. Well done, @Kasmir.

I'm equally entertained at the spectacle here of Pats fans trying to interpret this if they hadn't seen that first thread, or don't see the parallel.

Yeah, it's relatively obscure, but this is clearly lampooning the "Gunner needs to sit a game" thread that someone started. 7/10 for intent, 4/10 for execution. But he's not serious guys, come on.
Does he need to sit a game thread? I’m not done with the guy forever, I get it he’s a work in progress.

One bad game out of 4 with a ****ty OL and someone dares doubting Tom? Gosh...

P.S.: We are 4-0 with 3 easy games coming up. Things will get figured out. We have the luxury of a VERY extended preseason this year.

Muahahahah......hahahahahhaa. Well done, man. Well....done. :D

He's an aging veteran. A work in progress. I do get it. I'm not done with the guy forever. But Tom Brady had a terrible game Sunday and made a big error that lost us 7 points, and I'm sure Bill doesn't take that sort of thing lightly, even in a victory.
As stupid as the above post is, it enters a whole ‘nother level of stupidity when you consider what happened on Stidham’s one and only career NFL possession....

...it enters a whole ‘nother level of stupidity when you consider what happened on Stidham’s one and only career NFL possession....

It enters a whole 'nother level of stupidity when posters here are too dense or tightly wound to recognize, AT ALL, the crystal clear, sarcastic point of the OP.

It's a good thing the NFL isn't playing on April 1st, or we'd have a hundred threads like this on that day.*

*Clearly giving the OP the Benefit of the Doubt. Otherwise, someone's off their meds...

This is a well thought out idea. However I believe sitting a week closer to the middle of the season is best.

Say week 7. That's a good randomly chosen week.

Just so happens to be vs the Jets. We've already seen your backup QB play well vs the Jets week 3.

I don't think he needs to be benched forever but he made some mistakes today and I'd sit him a game and let him work on whatever he was struggling with, and give Jarrett Stidham or Cody Kessler a look as a quarterback until he's in a better spot. If Bill just thinks it's a fluke that Brady needs to work out in live games I'd be OK with that, but in that situation I'd give the geezer a mental break
I just added (Satire) to the thread title - it seems some weren't in on the other thread and apparently thought you were serious so hopefully that will clear things up ;)

Oh there would be a mental break if Bill benched Tom. Your strategy would backfire. So much overreaction. Anyone here remember the 2014 Chiefs game? Were on to Washington this time. I think some posters need a mental break

Oh there would be a mental break if Bill benched Tom. Your strategy would backfire. So much overreaction. Anyone here remember the 2014 Chiefs game? Were on to Washington this time. I think some posters need a mental break
He was clearly kidding - he literally copied and pasted the Gunner thread and changed a handful of words.

He was clearly kidding - he literally copied and pasted the Gunner thread and changed a handful of words.
Never mind:oops: I'm taking a mental break now

Never mind:oops: I'm taking a mental break now
It's all good - you weren't alone in this one. Apparently several others ignored that thread and thought he was serious too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back