PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady's Career AFC Championship Statistics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mv1029

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Although past history shouldn't have a bearing on this Sunday's game against Indy, I found it interesting that Tom Brady's career statistics for the AFC Championship Game aren't better.

Season Att Comp YDS TD INT Comp % Opponent W/L
2001 12 18 115 0 0 67% Pittsburg W
2003 14 21 207 2 0 67% Colts W
2004 22 37 237 1 1 59% Pittsburg W
2006 21 34 232 1 1 62% Colts L
2007 22 33 209 2 3 67% Chargers W
2011 22 36 239 0 2 61% Ravens W
2012 29 54 320 1 2 54% Ravens L
2013 24 38 277 1 0 63% Denver L
_ 166 271 1836 8 9 61%

Last edited:
Just a nitpick, 2003 was the Colts and 2004 was ****tsburgh.

These numbers don't surprise me. His completion percentage is down 2 points, and yards per attempt is down about half a yard. That is about what I would expect, playing against one of the top teams in the NFL.

The AFC Championship game is always going to be against a very good team, on top of that, nearly all of those games were played out doors, in the winter.

It makes sense, his numbers should be below his average. His career averages are higher because many of those games were against crappy teams, indoors.

I ecpect this holds true for nearly every QB should they have a large enough sample size. Hoever there arent a lot of QBs with more than a game or two to look at.

"Stat's are for losers"

Stopped reading at this point: "Although past history shouldn't have a bearing on this Sunday's game against Indy,"

tommy hasn't had a good title game performance in a long time...
still remember us killing the steelers in 05. long bombs/reverses to deion branch!:D

These numbers don't surprise me. His completion percentage is down 2 points, and yards per attempt is down about half a yard. That is about what I would expect, playing against one of the top teams in the NFL.

The AFC Championship game is always going to be against a very good team, on top of that, nearly all of those games were played out doors, in the winter.

It makes sense, his numbers should be below his average. His career averages are higher because many of those games were against crappy teams, indoors.

I ecpect this holds true for nearly every QB should they have a large enough sample size. Hoever there arent a lot of QBs with more than a game or two to look at.
Hopefully we can establish a run game and not put it all on Tom's (and JE's:)) shoulders.

You're playing presumably the other best team in the AFC with presumably the worst weather, really shouldn't be a huge surprise if production #s are down. That said - the Ravens stats skew it, and all it would take is one of those silly AFCDG stat lines against a softer D to do them right.

I agree, like, it's so hard to tell which of those numbers is the completion percentage.

OP is literally Hitler.

He actually edited it lol

At first, all the numbers were basically next to each other

Ravens really mess with them but he should have 10 all purpose tds to 9 ints.

In 6/8 games, he's either had zero or one touchdown pass. Those numbers aren't really "Brady like" to me, although as others have pointed out, getting the running game going would do wonders.

To take it one step further, in one of the two games where he did have 2 TD's, he also had 3 INT's.

Hopefully, we see some better production this Sunday.

If you look at most of those teams, they were all defined as defensive teams. The weather was also a factor as most of these games were played outdoors in the cold.

And all of Brady's 8 playoff losses were in rematches!

oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

And all of Brady's 8 playoff losses were in rematches!

oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

Yes but he has won some of them also. Although he has only lost in rematches, we have to understand the context of those rematches.

Also, let's remember that the pats almost consistently play division winners every season, so seeing rematches in the playoffs isn't a new thing and would explain why all are rematches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes