PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Rookie Card Sells For $250,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. I don't know anything about Trading Cards, other than that I wished I had saved the ones I got with Bubble Gum when I was a kid...vintage Mays, Aaron, Koufax. My advice would be to go online and do a lot of research. Then, I'd find the most reputable dealer within a reasonable traveling distance and ask him/her to appraise them. I wouldn't sell them or consign them for sale until I had two or three opinions of their value. Condition is really important. Good luck!
I have begun that extremely tedious process. Hopefully, I have something.

My father has a TB12 rookie that Beckett says is worth 10Gs. Anyone know where we could go to get more info?

He doesn't really want to sell but I think he should. He's got plenty of cool stuff that he displays the card sits in a safety deposit box.

Anyway he doesn't really want to sell but we would like to find out some info about it. What does a card market so say when a player retires or when he gets in HOF? Basically we want to research when the likely best time to sell would be and the best way to sell? If anyone has any trustworthy leads that would be cool.
Collectibles are so unpredictable. With rare exception, it is very difficult to predict value. Unlike a commodity, value is not driven by Supply and Demand alone. Like the latest tech gadget or new set of sneakers, value is a function of product and perception. The difference is that in the case of an iPhone or a pair of the latest Basketball shoes, there is a history of market performance that one can look at. With individual political leaders, sporting figures or media stars, it is much more difficult to predict.

Brady himself is an interesting case. After SB LI, he was finally universally acknowledged as the GOAT. Winning his fifth and winning it in the fashion he did and then having an MVP season immediately thereafter no doubt accelerated his value to Collectors.

Some would argue that his Collectible value would have hit a peak the moment he became MVP this season, on top of last year's win.
What happens next? Who knows? If he doesn't win another SB, his value could flatten or even dip until he is formally admitted to Canton, when his market will heat up again.

If I were your dad, who seems to have a fact-based opinion that he has something of value, I'd go to a couple Boston Area memorabilia dealers and get an estimate.

Then he has to make a decision around how he feels about the future value of what he has. That's where the risk comes in.

He could then either put it up for auction or he could consign it to a dealer, in which case he would agree with the dealer on the price he will take and the commission to be paid. If the dealer gets a lower offer, he would have to call your dad and get his agreement. If you're talking anything more than a couple thousand dollars, he'd have to fax or email him permission to sell it for less.

Collectibles are so unpredictable. With rare exception, it is very difficult to predict value. Unlike a commodity, value is not driven by Supply and Demand alone. Like the latest tech gadget or new set of sneakers, value is a function of product and perception. The difference is that in the case of an iPhone or a pair of the latest Basketball shoes, there is a history of market performance that one can look at. With individual political leaders, sporting figures or media stars, it is much more difficult to predict.

Brady himself is an interesting case. After SB LI, he was finally universally acknowledged as the GOAT. Winning his fifth and winning it in the fashion he did and then having an MVP season immediately thereafter no doubt accelerated his value to Collectors.

Some would argue that his Collectible value would have hit a peak the moment he became MVP this season, on top of last year's win.
What happens next? Who knows? If he doesn't win another SB, his value could flatten or even dip until he is formally admitted to Canton, when his market will heat up again.

If I were your dad, who seems to have a fact-based opinion that he has something of value, I'd go to a couple Boston Area memorabilia dealers and get an estimate.

Then he has to make a decision around how he feels about the future value of what he has. That's where the risk comes in.

He could then either put it up for auction or he could consign it to a dealer, in which case he would agree with the dealer on the price he will take and the commission to be paid. If the dealer gets a lower offer, he would have to call your dad and get his agreement. If you're talking anything more than a couple thousand dollars, he'd have to fax or email him permission to sell it for less.
Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back