SOURCE:Jermaine Wiggins Podcast

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 30th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Knocked Down
Sunday's loss to the Jaguars was a tough blow, but one that will likely make the Patriots better in the coming months.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Tom Brady Rookie Card Sells For $250,000

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatriotSpy, Feb 2, 2018.

1. PatriotSpy

PatriotSpy 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,169
    Second Highest Price ever for a modern sports rookie card. INSANE. Anybody ever doubt Tommy is the GOAT,just tell em to look at his rookie card prices. LMAO.

Brady rookie card sells for $250,000 on eBay

There's bitcoin and then there's BRADYCOIN.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1

2. FreeCourtroomBrady

FreeCourtroomBrady On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +578
    Wasn’t that just $2000 a few years ago? How could it jump that much already?

3. PatriotSpy

Ratings:
    +1,169
    The guy that bought it paid $15,000 for it 3 years ago. There's an article on him somewhere where it says he started collecting in 2010 and was buying every different brady rookie in the best condition. Smart man. He made a killing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,491
    Smarter than us, a lot of us fans knew Brady was special in his early years and we should have been collecting cards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. PatriotSpy

Ratings:
    +1,169
    Yup, the ones selling for 10's of thousands of dollars now were once 10-20 dollar cards. It's been said there were alot of michigan wolverine brady collectors that got in early because they knew about him before he even got into the NFL.

6. TinhWoodhead

TinhWoodhead In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,940
    thats actually Bradys salary

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Le Numéro Douze

Le Numéro Douze In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,923
    I have a Brady rookie card with him wearing Wolverines colours. It isn't worh a lot... yet ;)

8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +2,886
    I have a quantam leaf. Goes for about $100 on eBay last time I checked. A guy I worked with back then bought a pack of cards and gave it to me because he knew I was a Pats fan. Never selling it though. I have it framed.

9. FCB02062

FCB02062 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,679
    Damn... I cornered the market on Eric Davis rookies back in 85 or 86...thought I had a fortune! :(

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Angelpats

Angelpats Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,635
    So cool. I never thought they’d get that high, but I ain’t letting any go.

11. mosi

mosi In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,277
    I actually went to school with this kid and honestly I am happy for him. He was bullied a ton and to see him come out on top like this is good to see.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +52,514
    I had one. I put it in the spokes of my BMX.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +52,514
    He was a GREAT young talent. He was my #1 pick in 1987 Strat-o-Matic league.

14. ChrisR2223

ChrisR2223 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +7,718
    I have a Randy moss auto rookie worth 300

15. Steve:Section 102

Steve:Section 102 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +871
    I guess I had better scour my collection this weekend.

16. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,972
    A little long and OT, so skip unless you're interested in the Collectibles Market.

The Collectibles Market is not for the faint of heart. For every guy like this, who buys low and smart and hits the market with a winner, there are dozens who have not done so well...but this guy sounds like he might be set for life if he really has the inventory of Brady memorabilia that he claims to have.

Looking back, it always looks easy. But, who knew in 2011 (when he apparently started buying Brady stuff) that Brady would go to four more SB's and pick up two more Lombardi's?

It's interesting that this was sold before Brady lost last Sunday. So, this guy isn't greedy. The Collectibles Market fluctuates wildly and auctions are a real crap shoot. He sold when 28--3 was on peoples' minds. He decided to take his profit and possibly forgo more money because he didn't know what would happen if Brady lost last week. My guess is he would have pulled the card from the market and waited before he tried to sell it again.

A friend has his own store where he sells a wide range of collectibles. The fluctuations in markets are nerve wracking. Verified autographs by all four Beatles on a scrap of paper are probably worth $10,000 today; the same signatures on a high quality photo will get nearly $20,000; on an original Album Cover in good condition (not on pieces of paper at the bottom)? $40,000+. John Lennon's autograph on a piece of paper? $5,000. On an original Album Cover in good condition? $15,000.

Unless he wins another SB, the market for Tom Brady memorabilia will probably never be hotter than it was after LI. It's not rational. Also, he doesn't sign a lot of stuff, so the value will probably always be there.

The Beatles, when they were together, signed relatively little. They became popular so quickly that they didn't have to send out hundreds of promotional photos.

Then, John's premature death made anything signed by the four of them on a quality medium become instantly collectible. Also, most "Beatles" autographs that you see online are either frauds or were signed by one of their assistants. And, they signed a lot of stuff after concerts that is low quality and sloppy. My friend is a recognized authenticator of Beatles' signatures and he said that most of what comes to him is fake.

The Gold Standard for authenticated signatures, which never go down in value? George Washington, Marilyn Monroe and Babe Ruth. Washington sigs are very rare (Lincoln actually wrote a lot of letters and signed a lot of dispatches during the Civil War, so his sig isn't as valuable...will still get over $10,000). Monroe signed very little. A lot of Babe Ruth autographs were for fans who lost them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +7,849
    My father has a TB12 rookie that Beckett says is worth 10Gs. Anyone know where we could go to get more info?

He doesn't really want to sell but I think he should. He's got plenty of cool stuff that he displays the card sits in a safety deposit box.

Anyway he doesn't really want to sell but we would like to find out some info about it. What does a card market so say when a player retires or when he gets in HOF? Basically we want to research when the likely best time to sell would be and the best way to sell? If anyone has any trustworthy leads that would be cool.

18. XLIX

XLIX Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +10,598
    Quite honestly, if I ever want to know what something like that is worth, I go to eBay to see what they are selling for.

Please note I said to see what they are selling for, not what they are listed for.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Tony2046

Tony2046 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27,709
    I still have my Aaron Dopson card. Any offers?

upload_2018-2-10_20-18-44.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Ivan

Ivan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +21,458
    Well, I guess I now know why Belichick will never be more valuable than Brady.