PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

Can "Brady retired" replace the endearing "Matt Light retired" now?
It really kinda sucks the way all this went down. They better have a "Brady day" this year at Gillette - that is necessary for the proper closure.
And in about a year or so, no one will remember Brady's days in TB (except Bucs fans), the weight of his career as a Pats dynasty will dominate.

Can "Brady retired" replace the endearing "Matt Light retired" now?
It really kinda sucks the way all this went down. They better have a "Brady day" this year at Gillette - that is necessary for the proper closure.
And in about a year or so, no one will remember Brady's days in TB (except Bucs fans), the weight of his career as a Pats dynasty will dominate.
I really hope so. His retirement speech was a surprise to me. But I believe Kraft understands what is at stake to get the GOAT back to Gillette and properly honored. Brady too.

This is the NFL.com All Brady team the players he has played with who would you guys change from it?

QB-Brady
RB-Dillon
RB-White
WR-Moss
WR-Edelman
WR-Evans
TE-Gronk
LT-Light
LG-Mankins
C-Andrews
RG-Mason
RT-Wirfs
DE-Seymour
DT-Wilfork
DT-Suh
DE-Jones
OLB-McGinest
ILB- Mayo
OLB- D. White
CB-Law
CB-Gilmore
FS-Mccourty
SS-Harrison

K-Vinny
P- Ryan Allen
ST- Slater

I think its a pretty spot-on list... just some thoughts for fun.
  1. Just doesn't feel right not having One of Vrabel/Bruschi in there! For sure Mayo was the better all-around player and athlete but I just associate the former with the "Brady" days more.
  2. I think Ghost in his prime was a slightly better kicker but AV did have a better career... tough one!
  3. I think I would swap Gilmore for Darrelle Revis. If the list is just "best players Brady played with" .... Revis had probably the most prolific run of dominating the CB I can remember. Total A-hole but whatever. Gilmore is amazing, but I don't think he ever hit "Revis Island" levels.

I think its a pretty spot-on list... just some thoughts for fun.
  1. Just doesn't feel right not having One of Vrabel/Bruschi in there! For sure Mayo was the better all-around player and athlete but I just associate the former with the "Brady" days more.
  2. I think Ghost in his prime was a slightly better kicker but AV did have a better career... tough one!
  3. I think I would swap Gilmore for Darrelle Revis. If the list is just "best players Brady played with" .... Revis had probably the most prolific run of dominating the CB I can remember. Total A-hole but whatever. Gilmore is amazing, but I don't think he ever hit "Revis Island" levels.
No Troy Brown is just wrong.

1. I think Ghost in his prime was a slightly better kicker but AV did have a better career... tough one!
Gost was noticeably better and just as clutch. There was a whole thread on it that disproved AV was more clutch than him. Its a good read.

Plus Gost played 14 seasons with Brady. AV played 5 seasons with Brady.

Why is AV even considered for this list?

Gost was noticeably better and just as clutch. There was a whole thread on it that disproved AV was more clutch than him. Its a good read.

Plus Gost played 14 seasons with Brady. AV played 5 seasons with Brady.

Why is AV even considered for this list?
2 SB winning kicks and snow bowl.

I would much rather Adam. Ghost's missed XP vs Denver in AFCCG '15 cost us that game. IIRC, he got the yips after the XP rule was implemented.

Last edited:
AV always gets credit for a game winning kick in a SuperBowl after he missed a 31 yarder in the same game

Gost played almost 3 times as many years with Brady. Had clearly better numbers (PAT and FG) over AV even though AV got to kick many of his PATs from a closer distance..

You want to discuss all time Pats - AV VS SG. Thats a different discussion. This is Brady only.

Ill say it again, AV homers might be worse than Edelman homers.

AV always gets credit for a game winning kick in a SuperBowl after he missed a 31 yarder in the same game

Gost played almost 3 times as many years with Brady. Had clearly better numbers (PAT and FG) over AV even though AV got to kick many of his PATs from a closer distance..

You want to discuss all time Pats - AV VS SG. Thats a different discussion. This is Brady only.

Ill say it again, AV homers might be worse than Edelman homers.
To each their own but I want the money guy every time.

Ghost's missed XP vs Denver in AFCCG '15 cost us that game. IIRC, he got the yips after the XP rule was implemented.
This has also been debunked many times. The pats had ample opportunity to win that game. Also I am sure Bradys terrible interception to Von Miller deep in Pats territory had nothing to do with costing the pats that game

GTFOOH with that crap.

This has also been debunked many times. The pats had ample opportunity to win that game. Also I am sure Bradys terrible interception to Von Miller deep in Pats territory had nothing to do with costing the pats that game

GTFOOH with that crap.
He has to make the XP.

To each their own but I want the money guy every time.
The guy who misses 31 yarders in the SB is the money guy?

Oh that's right. He is the money guy. He followed it right to Indy LMAO

He has to make the XP.
Brady cant throw horrible interceptions deep in pats territory in a AFCCG.

Gost cost us 1 PT
Brady 7

But its Gosts fault LMAO

Face it, you are leading with feelings, not with facts. You are not capable of looking at the whole picture or think critically. Its ok. We will teach you

Last edited:
The guy who misses 31 yarders in the SB is the money guy?

Oh that's right. He is the money guy. He followed it right to Indy LMAO
Not sure why you are so angry about this. It did follow him to Indy, he hit 5 FGs vs the Ravens for the Colts to win 15-13 and then hit all his FGs in the SB in the rain for Pey Pey's only Colts win.

Not sure why you are so angry about this. It did follow him to Indy, he hit 5 FGs vs the Ravens for the Colts to win 15-13 and then hit all his FGs in the SB in the rain for Pey Pey's only Colts win.
We will teach you young padawan. Its ok

AM let me ask you a question.

What number is larger. 7 or 1?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey