PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady, NFLPA Granted 14-Day Extension To File Motion For Rehearing By Second Circuit Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Overall i agree with you. Another possibility is that he did mess around with a needle (other than his d*ck) in the bathroom just to ensure that the balls were not overinflated. Because he is a moron, he might have ended up unscientifically removing a little more from some balls than others (say .4 vs .2) which would explain the variability in the Pats balls. At any rate, even worst case, it seems they were trying to get the balls to 12.5 or so.

So I think we are on the same page as far as if anything did happen it was not for the purpose of gaining a competitive advantage and that the amount of pressure loss, if any, was miniscule. Those conclusions were reached by taking the Well's report at face value.

Now we have to consider the source. Wells and Exponent are hired guns for big industry. They are in the business of providing winning results and not necessarily truthful results.

Roger has lied on record multiple times during deflategate as well as during the Ray Rice testimony.

Brady has not.

Toyota calls in Exponent Inc. as hired gun (<< Link)
When some of the world's best-known companies faced disputes over secondhand smoke, toxic waste in the jungle and asbestos, they all turned to the same source for a staunch defense: Exponent Inc.

Mike Gaulke, executive chairman of Exponent and an employee of the company since 1992, called critiques that it produced only favorable research a "cheap shot."

So in order to accept the Well's report at face value we also have to do so knowing who researched it, who framed it up for public consumption and who would be capable of twisting the data enough to achieve their desired conclusion.

These guys are good at what they do. 10 million bucks to find a conclusion of "more probable than not " that Brady was "generally aware" about a deflation scheme which resulted in 0.26 psi??

Nope. I don't buy it. This was obviously a scheme to railroad the Patriots. They may have not pre planned it but their ignorance of the IGL perpetuated it and their arrogance prevented them from admitting their mistakes. Once they had leaked out the Patriots had cheated.....KABOOM......they simply could not turn that train around without admitting stupidity.

So you can question the validity of the data or if someone "checked" etc.....but in reality it is all just one big freaking red herring to cover their asses.

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-8_11-2-27.png
    upload_2016-5-8_11-2-27.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 7
.26psi! That's the difference Exponent used to base their conclusion on Brady's guilt. I don't think people realize how how small that amount is and to condemn a man for it is absurd. Some of my patriots hating friends have changed their mind on this issue because of this and to still reference exponent to your argument is trolling at its finest.

Nothing fair or balanced about it, you are taking the league's assumptions and lies at face value and then playing legalese with them. Had the league cared about air pressure in football's there never would have been an issue, in truth they cared so little they went almost 100 years before realizing that cold weather effects air pressure in football's. They contrived a scandal and worked from that point to try and prove it, when they couldn't they fabricated a conviction by having the Scumbag commissioner play judge, jury, and executioner and then lied repeatedly to the courts to get them to play along. It's one of the most disgusting abuses of power I have ever seen. You can buy into it all you want but anyone with any sense of fairness and decency would dismiss it for the garbage it is

What you're pointing out here (which I agree with) is why the concept of a "reasonable discussion" on this topic is difficult.

For example, at your place of employment, Person A accuses Person B of wrongdoing. At first glance, it sounds pretty clear that Person B is guilty. When more facts become available, it turns out that the Person A told everyone false information to make Person B sound guilty and, in their evidence, exaggerated and distorted information to make their claims look valid. Once you've realized that, the larger point that should be examined is "Why was Person A lying about Person B?" not "Let's look at Person A's claims to see if they have merit." It's hard to reasonably discuss those claims if one side of the discussion doesn't realize a lot of their knowledge of the situation was based on false information.

What you're pointing out here (which I agree with) is why the concept of a "reasonable discussion" on this topic is difficult.

For example, at your place of employment, Person A accuses Person B of wrongdoing. At first glance, it sounds pretty clear that Person B is guilty. When more facts become available, it turns out that the Person A told everyone false information to make Person B sound guilty and, in their evidence, exaggerated and distorted information to make their claims look valid. Once you've realized that, the larger point that should be examined is "Why was Person A lying about Person B?" not "Let's look at Person A's claims to see if they have merit." It's hard to reasonably discuss those claims if one side of the discussion doesn't realize a lot of their knowledge of the situation was based on false information.

One of the things that bothers me most about "deflategate" is that at no time in the history of the league has air pressure in football's mattered to the NFL, and proof of this is that in 2015 the league did not even know that cold weather lowered the air pressure in football's. That's a staggering demonstration of ignorance by the league and proves beyond any doubt that they simply did not care about it or they would have been fully aware of the IGL. This entire issue was contrived . First Kensil tried to run a sting operation and violated league protocols on informing teams when concerns are expressed. Any other team in football would have been notified that their opponent expressed a concern headng into a game, Kensil didn't inform the Patriots because he hates Belichick and the Patriots, and he as much as acknowledged that when they found a lower air pressure and he told Patriots staff they were going to nail them. Then Kensil and another league employee deliberately leaked air pressure numbers they knew were false and inflammatory to Mortenson so they could ignite the media firestorm that followed. Once they had done so there was no turning back, it was either admit the league had tried to run a sting in the Patriots or go full ****** to try and prove them guilty. The result is what followed and it is absolutely disgusting that no major media outlet has fully investigated the leagues pathological lies and claims.

Last edited:

This reminds me of an old TV show I once watched. I think it was from the old Hitchcock series. A guy working in an office was falsely accused of stealing from his company. As they began investigating, his colleagues who were angry and assumed he was guilty began overanalyzing his personality, behavior, and routines. They were finding perfectly innocent things to be signs or evidence of guilt. After they discovered they had made a mistake and there was no money actually missing, his reputation was already soiled and his colleagues' minds were already made up about him. This deflategate nonsense has often reminded me of that episode.

Nope. I don't buy it. This was obviously a scheme to railroad the Patriots. They may have not pre planned it but their ignorance of the IGL perpetuated it and their arrogance prevented them from admitting their mistakes. Once they had leaked out the Patriots had cheated.....KABOOM......they simply could not turn that train around without admitting stupidity.

This paragraph by itself is a winner.

Ch9kH-xXAAQfpGC.jpg

One of the things that bothers me most about "deflategate" is that at no time in the history of the league has air pressure in football's mattered to the NFL, and proof of this is that in 2015 the league did not even know that cold weather lowered the air pressure in football's. That's a staggering demonstration of ignorance by the league and proves beyond any doubt that they simply did not care about it or they would have been fully aware of the IGL. This entire issue was contrived . First Kensil tried to run a sting operation and violated league protocols on informing teams when concerns are expressed. Any other team in football would have been notified that their opponent expressed a concern headng into a game, Kensil didn't inform the Patriots because he hates Belichick and the Patriots, and he as much as acknowledged that when they found a lower air pressure and he told Patriots staff they were going to nail them. Then Kensil and another league employee deliberately leaked air pressure numbers they knew were false and inflammatory to Mortenson so they could ignite the media firestorm that followed. Once they had done so there was no turning back, it was either admit the league had tried to run a sting in the Patriots or go full ****** to try and prove them guilty. The result is what followed and it is absolutely disgusting that no major media outlet has fully investigated the leagues pathological lies and claims.

To add to what you are saying, remember where we were when Kensil ran his sting, Goodell was on the ropes over the Ray Rice, Saints and Peterson debacles.

So when Kensil ran his sting oblivious to the IGL, then the results from headsmart labs and others came out they realized they were in deep doo doo. If it came out hat Goodell's LT's ran a sting on a team the boss, Goodell was screwed. So they went into full coverup mode.

Goodell was never under any circumstances gonna let the truth see the light of day, he would be done if the truth came out.

If you think about the NFL FO tried to affect the outcome of the SB by smearing one of the participants.

Yes that is possible and I mentioned that. Was Brady trying to get a competitive advantage? No. End of story.

And that is the conclusion that the NFL should have come to.

This investigation should have taken about 48 hours and been wrapped up with a "we'll fine the Pats $25,000 for messing with the footballs even though there's a good chance nothing happened at all, but at worst it was probably something like McNally checking the pressure in the balls."

We all know this was NOT about football inflation. It was, as a later story detailed, a "get back at the Patriots for Spygate by the rest of the league's owners" thing. Which ITSELF is total BS because the Patriots faced the heaviest penalty (up to that point in time) in NFL history for Spygate, which itself was a minor violation.

This investigation should have taken about 48 hours and been wrapped up with a "we'll fine the Pats $25,000 for messing with the footballs even though there's a good chance nothing happened at all, but at worst it was probably something like McNally checking the pressure in the balls."

We all know this was NOT about football inflation. It was, as a later story detailed, a "get back at the Patriots for Spygate by the rest of the league's owners" thing. Which ITSELF is total BS because the Patriots faced the heaviest penalty (up to that point in time) in NFL history for Spygate, which itself was a minor violation.

Trying to look at the big picture, does the league and it's owners believe that making a big deal about a minor infraction (even if it happened) is a good idea? How does repeatedly calling into question the accomplishments one of their best players/teams/coaches for more than a 16 months and counting help the league? Not only did they make a big deal about deflation, but they brought up a 9 year old incident to justify their penalties. If people have grown disillusioned with the NFL, it could be that, since they decided the Patriots were guilty, the team has won the SB, finished the next season as one of the top 2 teams in their conference and advanced to the AFCCG. For upcoming season, they are projected as one of the favorites to win the SB. So, if Patriots are one of the one of the best teams they have and the NFL is calling them cheaters, how is that helping to get people people to tune in?

Compare the NFLs handling of the situation to MLB and the Cardinals hacking the Astros database. That went beyond any stretch of gamesmanship and into the realm of a real crime. MLB stayed pretty quiet about it (or, rather, acted professionally) and I don't believe they levied any punishment on the St. Louis organization. The guy who did the hacking is headed to jail at some point, but I haven't heard anything beyond that. If the NFL was handling this, they would have suspended the Cardinals manager and executives, leveled a ridiculous fine, mentioned Mark McGwire's PED usage and Tony LaRussa's arrogance in their reasoning behind the penalties, and had their minions in the media frequently mention how serious this was. That would not have helped the game at all, but I guess it would have made the 29 other owners happy that they got some off-field "payback."

The NFL is pretty quick to minimize stories they think reflect badly on the league, like Manning's HGH shipments or the guy who was stealing footballs intended for charity auctions. I'm not really sure why they are going all out with this one and are making sure it stays in the public eye. Even the idea of strengthening Article 46 doesn't quite make sense as how often has the issue of a player refusing to turn over personal information come up? The Favre cell phone sexting incident was in 2010. The league wanted to see Brady's cell phone from 2014/15. Did the league need to literally make a federal case out of this for something that might not happen again until 2018, maybe?

This is all without the possibility that someone, either Brady's camp or a sports journalist who decides they can get more notoriety as a whistleblower than a toady, starts pointing out the sham perpetrated by the league. If this blows up on the league and damages the integrity of the game, Goodell and his 32 bosses will have no one to blame but themselves.

.26psi! That's the difference Exponent used to base their conclusion on Brady's guilt. I don't think people realize how how small that amount is and to condemn a man for it is absurd. Some of my patriots hating friends have changed their mind on this issue because of this and to still reference exponent to your argument is trolling at its finest.

I don't take what he is doing as trolling rather more of a guy who won't drink the kool-aid without knowing what's in it. He has stated all along that he thinks deflategate is BS but has a hard time getting past the circumstantial evidence in the report and the phone among other things.

There is a reason that the words bathroom and deflator are in the report 4000 times. They were doing their best to sell it. It's what Exponent has been doing for over 35 years and they are good at it.

There is also a reason why they did not state how much air they believe was released from those footballs. Nowhere does it say, "we believe Mcnally released X amount of air" or "anywhere from X to Y amount of air" Because if they had written we believe McNally released anywhere from 0.0 to 0.3 psi of air about half of the NFL HQ, BSPN and Chris Mortensen would have suffered a nuclear meltdown a millisecond after the report was released.

Probably why it took them 4 months to put that thing together.

Probably why we had 4 months of PR using ignorant ex NFL players running around stages catching deflated footballs. haha

"I would have noticed" "Deflated footballs are easier to catch" blah blah PR PR blah blah

2 psi....PR PR....release the report...bathroom....deflator......PR .....competitive advantage.

Hey Mr. teary eyed ignorant pro football guy.....if you have ever played in a game below freezing your footballs were 2 psi under pressure (not deflated) dumbass. You never noticed then.

And where did all this BS leave us? It left us explaining physics to a guy at a mile high wal-mart who is rushing to get home to see the next episode of the Kardashians. Yeah... I doubt he will be generally aware and it's more not than probable that he will ever get it.

Last edited:
Trying to look at the big picture, does the league and it's owners believe that making a big deal about a minor infraction (even if it happened) is a good idea? How does repeatedly calling into question the accomplishments one of their best players/teams/coaches for more than a 16 months and counting help the league? Not only did they make a big deal about deflation, but they brought up a 9 year old incident to justify their penalties. If people have grown disillusioned with the NFL, it could be that, since they decided the Patriots were guilty, the team has won the SB, finished the next season as one of the top 2 teams in their conference and advanced to the AFCCG. For upcoming season, they are projected as one of the favorites to win the SB. So, if Patriots are one of the one of the best teams they have and the NFL is calling them cheaters, how is that helping to get people people to tune in?

Compare the NFLs handling of the situation to MLB and the Cardinals hacking the Astros database. That went beyond any stretch of gamesmanship and into the realm of a real crime. MLB stayed pretty quiet about it (or, rather, acted professionally) and I don't believe they levied any punishment on the St. Louis organization. The guy who did the hacking is headed to jail at some point, but I haven't heard anything beyond that. If the NFL was handling this, they would have suspended the Cardinals manager and executives, leveled a ridiculous fine, mentioned Mark McGwire's PED usage and Tony LaRussa's arrogance in their reasoning behind the penalties, and had their minions in the media frequently mention how serious this was. That would not have helped the game at all, but I guess it would have made the 29 other owners happy that they got some off-field "payback."

The NFL is pretty quick to minimize stories they think reflect badly on the league, like Manning's HGH shipments or the guy who was stealing footballs intended for charity auctions. I'm not really sure why they are going all out with this one and are making sure it stays in the public eye. Even the idea of strengthening Article 46 doesn't quite make sense as how often has the issue of a player refusing to turn over personal information come up? The Favre cell phone sexting incident was in 2010. The league wanted to see Brady's cell phone from 2014/15. Did the league need to literally make a federal case out of this for something that might not happen again until 2018, maybe?

This is all without the possibility that someone, either Brady's camp or a sports journalist who decides they can get more notoriety as a whistleblower than a toady, starts pointing out the sham perpetrated by the league. If this blows up on the league and damages the integrity of the game, Goodell and his 32 bosses will have no one to blame but themselves.

Man I hope I live long enough to see the day Roger/NFL/BSPN crash and burn. I don't mean that the game disappears but would love to see bankrupt owners selling their teams and Roger banished from NE.

I don't take what he is doing as trolling rather more of a guy who won't drink the kool-aid without knowing what's in it. He has stated all along that he thinks deflategate is BS but has a hard time getting past the circumstantial evidence in the report and the phone among other things.

There is a reason that the words bathroom and deflator are in the report 4000 times. They were doing their best to sell it. It's what Exponent has been doing for over 35 years and they are good at it.

There is also a reason why they did not state how much air they believe was released from those footballs. Nowhere does it say, "we believe Mcnally released X amount of air" or "anywhere from X to Y amount of air" Because if they had written we believe McNally released anywhere from 0.0 to 0.3 psi of air about half of the NFL HQ, BSPN and Chris Mortensen would have suffered a nuclear meltdown a millisecond after the report was released.

Probably why it took them 4 months to put that thing together.

Probably why we had 4 months of PR using ignorant ex NFL players running around stages catching deflated footballs. haha

"I would have noticed" "Deflated footballs are easier to catch" blah blah PR PR blah blah

2 psi....PR PR....release the report...bathroom....deflator......PR .....competitive advantage.

Hey Mr. teary eyed ignorant pro football guy.....if you have ever played in a game below freezing your footballs were 2 psi under pressure (not deflated) dumbass. You never noticed then.

And where did all this BS leave us? It left us explaining physics to a guy at a mile high wal-mart who is rushing to get home to see the next episode of the Kardashians. Yeah... I doubt he will be generally aware and it's more not than probable that he will ever get it.
Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner experienced deflation.

Goodell chose not to investigate.

I've argued plenty of cases in the 11th Circuit down here in Atlanta and I can guarantee you this is the way it went down. Olson's firm asked Clement's firm for a 14 day extension and Clement was happy to give it. Why? It's not just common courtesy; it's self-interest. This time they need the extension; next time you'll need the extension. You fight tooth and nail over the big stuff but not something as silly as a 2 week extension. It's literally about the most trivial request one lawyer can make to another.

Only, Clement has to run it by his client, the NFL, and get their permission and Goodell and his henchmen said no. I can guarantee you Clement tried to talk them into giving it, because it was a virtual certainty it was going to be granted anyway, and it just makes you look petty and stupid to the Court. But the NFL, in their typical moronic, tone deaf way, refused to grant even the most simple request, no matter how it makes them look to the Court.

None of this means the en banc hearing will be granted, only that the thugs on Park Ave are determined to continue acting as idiotically as possible.
Will the CA2 judges see this for the douche move it was and could it impact their decision to rehear?

Are we nearing the day before PA/Brady have to decide to file the appeal ? or is it end of this month?

Are we nearing the day before PA/Brady have to decide to file the appeal ? or is it end of this month?
I believe the deadline would be next Friday. Unless 2 weeks went quicker than I realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back