PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady is the REAL Mr. October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to but now it’s analytics and short cuts by the numbers. Blah.
Yeah not a huge fan of the way the game is played now, but I don’t think that means it takes less skill

Can’t stand the situational pitching. I like the matchup, but not the warm ups and time leading up to it. Not to mention the stepping out of the box every pitch and adjusting everything and their mother.

Games just too slow.

just dont call him Tom Terrific near a mets fan ;)

people hate him because the media like ESPN and goofy internet sites like TMZ brainwashes other fans into thinking he cheats somehow.....a ton of NFL fans are really not the sharpest tools in the shed
...a ton of American people are really not the sharpest tools in the shed.

"It is more probable than not that Mr. Brady was generally aware of a conspiracy among his teammates to break rules and manipulate balls."

Of course, the truth is that the NFL steals first round draft picks and then celebrates by teabagging each other.

You probably sucked

Baseball requires more skill than probably any other sport
People are hilarious
Try hitting a 100 mph fast ball. Lol.
Like those who complain a RB can’t break a tackle when two 300lb linemen are on him.
Amazing these people who complain about elite athletes from their couch.

You probably sucked

Baseball requires more skill than probably any other sport

I’m always astonished at how far 60 feet is and how pitchers can throw it that fast and pinpoint accurate. On TV, it looks like you’re throwing from your kitchen to your living room chair. In reality, it’s the same distance as Steph Curry hitting a three from near the other team’s 3-point line (roughly two-thirds of the court.)

I’m always astonished at how far 60 feet is and how pitchers can throw it that fast and pinpoint accurate. On TV, it looks like you’re throwing from your kitchen to your living room chair. In reality, it’s the same distance as Steph Curry hitting a three from near the other team’s 3-point line (roughly two-thirds of the court.)

Yup they throw it fast and pinpoint accurate and there are a bunch of things a batter has to do to make contact both mentally and physically. Baseball is mostly mental. But it requires a wide range of physical skill

When I was 12 I was obsessed with baseball. I threw daily. I got one of those 'test your speed' balls and it said I could throw in the 80s which I don't think was terribly inaccurate given how many hours every day I'd spend throwing.

But baseball is just terrible. If they reduced the # of games by 90% it would be awesome.

I don't know why people need to attack a thing on all fronts. I don't need to debate the amount of skill in the sport that's ultimately irrelevant to whether or not 10 ****ing months of it are enjoyable as a spectator sport.

If skill mattered that much we'd all be glued to our TVs watching chess or goddamn archery....

When I was 12 I was obsessed with baseball. I threw daily. I got one of those 'test your speed' balls and it said I could throw in the 80s which I don't think was terribly inaccurate given how many hours every day I'd spend throwing.

But baseball is just terrible. If they reduced the # of games by 90% it would be awesome.

I don't know why people need to attack a thing on all fronts. I don't need to debate the amount of skill in the sport that's ultimately irrelevant to whether or not 10 ****ing months of it are enjoyable as a spectator sport.

If skill mattered that much we'd all be glued to our TVs watching chess or goddamn archery....

I used to be really into the Red Sox, but I became very bored with the sport. I’d probably be more interested if they played an 80-100 game season. It’s way, way too long.

I used to be really into the Red Sox, but I became very bored with the sport. I’d probably be more interested if they played an 80-100 game season. It’s way, way too long.

If they dropped down to a 32 game season it would instantly rival the NFL in terms of must-see sports.

But that would cause the Shaugnessy-esque baseball traditionalist circle jerks into histrionics the like of which we have never seen on twitter or elsewhere.

It's a major sports league where most of the televised games can be skipped without impacting the rooting experience. Explain to me why that makes a lick of sense without an appeal to tradition. Do it. I ****ing dare any of you.

If they dropped down to a 32 game season it would instantly rival the NFL in terms of must-see sports.

But that would cause the Shaugnessy-esque baseball traditionalist circle jerks into histrionics the like of which we have never seen on twitter or elsewhere.

It's a major sports league where most of the televised games can be skipped without impacting the rooting experience. Explain to me why that makes a lick of sense without an appeal to tradition. Do it. I ****ing dare any of you.

It doesn’t make sense. I wouldn’t mind trimming the NBA down a little as well, though it’s not terrible. But most of the players are half-as$ing it and one loss rarely matters in the big picture,

I’ve hoped for a while that the major sports leagues would take on some European Soccer style ideas with in-season tournaments and cups, so the team isn’t playing solely for that one championship (resulting in like five teams actually having a chance.) Example, Real Madrid and Barcelona play in their own league (where best record wins), at least one major Spanish knockout tournament, and the Champions League. Plus they have promotions and demotions for bottom teams of one league and top teams of lower leagues. USA sports just have too many teams going though the motions in some meaningless existence, thinking maybe four years from now they’ll have a chance to win.

Not sure if serious...

Baseball is absolutely a real sport.
There are uneducated sports fans that believe a sport should include contact and/or constant motion

Of course baseball is a sport. That’s a fact, not an opinion. It just may be more boring than others to many people

@Redskins, Giants, @Jets, Browns.
Yeah, I think those October stats will remain pretty good for another year.

I used to love Octobers but this year and in a few days to be exact ,I enter the age where you are eligible for the discount meals on the back page of restaurant menus and 10% off on tuesdays at grocery stores FML

I used to love Octobers but this year and in a few days to be exact ,I enter the age where you are eligible for the discount meals on the back page of restaurant menus and 10% off on tuesdays at grocery stores FML
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back