PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady "Football's Fun again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't go so far as to say he was trash in 2019. The OL was a mess and the loss of FB Develin was a huge one. Gronk's retirement was a big blow. If Brady was playing behind the 2014 OL, he'd have had a much better year.

Brady was a half-beat slow last year. I watched the highlights of the week 5 win at Washington that evolved into a rout. It was the best game, production-wise, for the TEs. Brady was not playing at a level we are used to:

Those guys being hurt ended our chances at a repeat with that lethal power run game that ran through our opponents on the way to the title. That wasn’t really Brady for the most part. No team had an answer for that run game. I’d even put it up against what the Ravens had last year.

That offense was plan A. When the injuries hit they went back to Plan B and Brady’s offense. Didn’t work very well. He was dreadful in the second half of the season. Injuries and OL issues hurt but Brady was lousy too. I do agree about Gronk and that didn’t help Brady or the team.

Good for him.

In life, at some point, everybody can use a change of scenery.

I do not see that as a New England thing, but as a Brady thing. He was not confortable in this environnement anymore so he left.

No need to search for melodrama. People leaving jobs because they do not suit them anymore happen everyday.

No. Tom has personally insulted every person on this forum. He made his decision solely to drive a wedge up our collective a-hole because he's spiteful. Let's go back to hating him immediately.

My bad. Arians is 1-2 in the playoffs and his sole win should have been a loss. If I'm not mistaken he beat GB in the 2015 NFC divisional where Dansby facemasked Rodgers on the game winning TD and no penalty was called.

COY of the year is a nice regular season honor. He's still a big zero in the playoffs as far as I'm concerned. And plenty of coaches have won more playoffs games with similar talent.

And Brady is 43 years old. Even if he stayed here he would not have taken this team very far.

7-9 at best if Brady tried to carry the team. An 88 passer rating last year with an easy first half playing in the AFC Least division says it all. If the run game came back like in 2018 and Brady just managed the game then we’d be in the playoffs.

Last edited:
But yet that one in the snow 59-0 at Gillette is the one I will always remember. Far higher degree of difficulty considering the weather.
I agree, that was a show as well.

I agree, that was a show as well.

The game in Chicago in 2010(?) was fun too. Brady hits Branch for a long TD as time expired in the first half when the Bears weren’t expecting it. Similar weather.

7-9 at best if Brady tried to carry the team. An 88 passer rating last year with an easy first half playing in the AFC Least division says it all. If the run game came back like in 2018 and Brady just managed the game then we’d be in the playoffs.

The thing that gets me is that, while Brady didn't play great against Tennessee, he still had an opportunity with 5 mins left in the 4th quarter to get us into FG range and put us ahead. He couldn't do it. This is something he has done on numerous occasions even with a weak supporting cast. If it were 2018 Brady, I think we would have won that game.

Cam or Stid will not be running Brady’s offense... :eek:
Neither of them will be running any offense if they get lit up during an RPO or jailbreak scramble...

The thing that gets me is that, while Brady didn't play great against Tennessee, he still had an opportunity with 5 mins left in the 4th quarter to get us into FG range and put us ahead. He couldn't do it...
Edelman's drop was the game-ender.

Edelman's drop was the game-ender.
And also the penalty on the Oline for being down field when Brady hit Watson on a long pass that would have put the Pats at the 30 and in FG range.

And also the penalty on the Oline for being down field when Brady hit Watson on a long pass that would have put the Pats at the 30 and in FG range.
Yep...

Also: The first Titties' TD, on 3rd/10 from the Pats 12, vs a defense that should have NEVER, EVER been called the way it was run...Not converting 3rd/1 from their own 47 (a FB dive to ... Roberts?!?) during the 2nd quarter, then not having the sack to go for the 1st-down conversion ... Brady not sneaking on 1st/goal from the Titties 1, when the middle box was at its lightest ... Not converting 3rd/3 from the Titties 47 early in the 4th quarter (Cannon completely whiffing on his block) ... One of our "leaders" allowing Tannyhill to convert 3rd/2 from his own 41...

That game should've been a rout, a 16-point lead before the Titties even had a chance to change their game plan.

Yep...

Also: The first Titties' TD, on 3rd/10 from the Pats 12, vs a defense that should have NEVER, EVER been called the way it was run...Not converting 3rd/1 from their own 47 (a FB dive to ... Roberts?!?) during the 2nd quarter, then not having the sack to go for the 1st-down conversion ... Brady not sneaking on 1st/goal from the Titties 1, when the middle box was at its lightest ... Not converting 3rd/3 from the Titties 47 early in the 4th quarter (Cannon completely whiffing on his block) ... One of our "leaders" allowing Tannyhill to convert 3rd/2 from his own 41...

That game should've been a rout, a 16-point lead before the Titties even had a chance to change their game plan.

At least knowing that and then seeing them embarrass the Ravens wasn’t a bad consolation prize.

It will be "fun" again if Tom can continue bouncing screen passes at running backs' feet

At least knowing that and then seeing them embarrass the Ravens wasn’t a bad consolation prize.
The real consolation prize would've been seeing the KC Queefs lose to Houston, like they should have...

Oddly enough, I am also looking forward to football being fun again. Watching Throw Away Tom pout all season made for an unenjoyable experience as a fan last year. And yes, I am aware that not all of the problems for last season are on him. But we could all see his misery, and it was such a downer.

I think Cam will make our season fun, as long as he is healthy.

Reactions: sb1
Wow, Brady's new locker in Tampa looks like they got it at Walmart....he's gonna miss the first class treatment he got in NE.

Not sure why an ex-Patriot warrants his own thread here. Doesn't seem relevant.

Not sure why an ex-Patriot warrants his own thread here. Doesn't seem relevant.

C0me on now. :D

I get where you're coming from, but expecting Brady not to be news to Pats fans is a little bit of a reach, even if we should all have moved on like we just had a sloppy drunk hookup w/Brady rather than a 20 year marriage.

But I really do wish him all the happiness in the world. It was really an amicable split.

(The New Adventures of Old New England...)

I loved Brady on the field. Killer instinct. Production, excellence, winning.

It’ll be interesting to see how NE does w/o him.

Really think fun is overrated. Especially when it comes to being driven at work. It’s better to have fun and produce. But if there is only one, I’d chose produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes