PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady "Football's Fun again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re a lot more optimistic than I am about a 43 year old QB who couldn’t even break a season 90 passer rating vs a schedule a lot easier than what they’re facing this year.
Well this year, unlike most of last year, he will be throwing to NFL caliber WR's.

So many things wrong with this statement.
Belichick turned around a horrid Browns team in 3 years.
The Cleveland Browns were bad the year before Belichick got there, but they were in the AFCCG 3 of the previous 4 years. So they were not a historically horrible team, just a team that had 1 bad year but was otherwise damn decent.

Even with that in mind I doubt the Patriots get to .500 next season if Brady had stayed to be honest.
With these WRs, vs this schedule, I would've predicted a 10-6 season - max - with Brady.

I think the way Brady was lacking that fire on the sidelines during the games last season and even my wife caught that saying he just is solemn just sitting there holding that bottle of water when down on the scoreboard and not up and yelling at his boys to get them motivated for a comeback....he just didn't look happy and his decision not to return IMO was long before the season ended vs Tennessee - it certainly looked like he wasn't having fun....

Thought he wasn't having "fun" because he was not playing all that well, #12 will always be the goat, as there was an obvious decline in his play. Queue the arguments about crappy receivers, as he made a living in NE making chicken salad out of chicken crap.. and seemed last year he lacked the fire.

Then there were the reports that he was limited in practice because of elbow issues, so much so that Stidham often took the lead role.. if Brady could not practice with the new WR's the timing was probably off.. whatever he says will be inspected, dissected and played backwards under the PatsFans.com microscope....

With these WRs, vs this schedule, I would've predicted a 10-6 season - max - with Brady.

Dependent on how well #12 was playing, not sure if you remember the reported elbow issues that limited his practice time last season.. hope he has "fun" in "Tompa Bay"..

Thought he wasn't having "fun" because he was not playing all that well, #12 will always be the goat, as there was an obvious decline in his play. Queue the arguments about crappy receivers, as he made a living in NE making chicken salad out of chicken crap.. and seemed last year he lacked the fire.

Then there were the reports that he was limited in practice because of elbow issues, so much so that Stidham often took the lead role.. if Brady could not practice with the new WR's the timing was probably off.. whatever he says will be inspected, dissected and played backwards under the PatsFans.com microscope....

I would say that Brady’s abilities hasn’t diminished a lot. You can say everything you want about his receivers but they were last in the league as a group in separation so it’s not like he was missing wide open receivers all year long. He must be mentally exhausting to throw everytime in tight windows. I can give you that last year he was the most accurate QB on throws of 20+ yards in tight windows. So yeah he must be done.

I will give you that in the past he could carry the load of the team with crappy receiver. But now at 43, he can’t and need people around him. I think is still capable of 4500 yards, 35 TD and 10 picks or less with good receivers.

Tom Brady Says ‘Football's Fun Again' With Buccaneers

Sounds like Brady taking a dig against Belichick.....or maybe he isn't,maybe hes just saying that because Gronk is back at his disposal......no one knows but it seemed to me well before this that Tom has not been a happy camper in New England for at least last season if not a few years before.

Let’s see how much fun football is once he misses the playoffs for the first time in 20 years.

Let’s see how much fun football is once he misses the playoffs for the first time in 20 years.
He's not missing the playoffs. lol

I would say that Brady’s abilities hasn’t diminished a lot. You can say everything you want about his receivers but they were last in the league as a group in separation so it’s not like he was missing wide open receivers all year long. He must be mentally exhausting to throw everytime in tight windows. I can give you that last year he was the most accurate QB on throws of 20+ yards in tight windows. So yeah he must be done.

I will give you that in the past he could carry the load of the team with crappy receiver. But now at 43, he can’t and need people around him. I think is still capable of 4500 yards, 35 TD and 10 picks or less with good receivers.

Just as long as he is having "fun" in "Tompa Bay" is my major concern..

FYI he was often missing wide open receivers last year.. was it his fault or the receivers?? I seem to recollect more than a few times he missed JE11..

There’s a better chance of that happening than the other way around.

You seriously think there's a higher likelihood of Cam Newton taking us to a Lombardi Trophy this year than for Brady to carry his team to a wild-card playoff birth? REALLY? COME ON!!

I mean seriously?

Cam is not even the starting QB right now. There's a reason we paid 1 year $0.5m. He might get cut before season starts. All of a sudden he's our guaranteed saviour and is more likely to take us to a Lombardi Trophy than Tom with all his weapons and decades of proven worth is likely to take his team in a weak division to the playoffs? Come on!

Tucker: Cam Newton is not a lock to start in New England

You think Tom won’t make playoffs and Cam will win SB. WAKE UP!! You’re crazy!

I said better chance of that happening than the other way around - meaning Brady wins SB with Tampa Bay.

You seriously think there's a higher likelihood of Cam Newton taking us to a Lombardi Trophy this year than for Brady to carry his team to a wild-card playoff birth? REALLY? COME ON!!

I mean seriously?

Cam is not even the starting QB right now. There's a reason we paid 1 year $0.5m. He might get cut before season starts. All of a sudden he's our guaranteed saviour and is more likely to take us to a Lombardi Trophy than Tom with all his weapons and decades of proven worth is likely to take his team in a weak division to the playoffs? Come on!

Tucker: Cam Newton is not a lock to start in New England

Nobody said Cam is our savior - he has to earn the job and rightfully so. Tom’s decades of worth also has nothing to do with 2020 at age 43 coming off a poor season.

Last edited:
I said better chance of that happening than the other way around - meaning Brady wins SB with Tampa Bay.

Nobody said Cam is our savior - he has to earn the job and rightfully so. Tom’s decades of worth also has nothing to do with 2020 at age 43 coming off a poor season.
You do realize that Brady's 2019 numbers and record would be Cam's second best season of his entire career?

You do realize that Brady's 2019 numbers and record would be Cam's second best season of his entire career?
If Cam performs like Tom did his last 9 games here he'll get run out of town and Stid Vicious should take over ASAP

If Cam performs like Tom did his last 9 games here he'll get run out of town and Stid Vicious should take over ASAP
Doubtful he even makes it to game 9 assuming he even wins the starting job. From everything I have been reading, Stidham is the starter in the Pats coaches minds right now with Cam having a chance to overtake him in what will be a very much abbreviated TC if it happens at all.

Nobody said Cam is our savior as I said above. It's definitely not an opinion that Brady had a poor season last year, it's fact.

Nobody said Cam is our savior as I said above. It's definitely not an opinion that Brady had a poor season last year, it's fact.
Poor by Brady's standards that he set with his GOAT career. For Cam, it would be a career season for him (his second best) if can get anywhere close to Brady's numbers and record.

Doubtful he even makes it to game 9 assuming he even wins the starting job. From everything I have been reading, Stidham is the starter in the Pats coaches minds right now with Cam having a chance to overtake him in what will be a very much abbreviated TC if it happens at all.
Game 3 and he'll get knocked out of bounds and suffer internal bleeding. Stid then comes in.....

Poor by Brady's standards that he set with his GOAT career. For Cam, it would be a career season for him (his second best) if can get anywhere close to Brady's numbers and record.

When you weren’t good enough to have a higher passer rating than a JAG like Jacoby Brissett with half a season against opponents as easy as it gets and you singlehandedly end your team’s season in back to back weeks with pick 6s then you had a poor season by anyone’s standard. Doesn’t bode well at age 43...

When you weren’t good enough to have a higher passer rating than a JAG like Jacoby Brissett with half a season against opponents as easy as it gets and you singlehandedly end your team’s season in back to back weeks with pick 6s then you had a poor season by anyone’s standard. Doesn’t bode well at age 43...

Just watched the Dolphins one again. I can excuse Brady’s pick 6 to the Titans he wanted to make something happen but the one to Rowe was absolutely horrendous. It’s like Nathan Peterman was wearing Brady’s jersey there. Noodle-armed that thing. Embarrassing.

I wish I could say Newton had at least a JAG rating but he was gone after week 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back