PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady "Football's Fun again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still miles better than what Arians had in the past. And light years better than the 3 back up QBs currently in NE.

I doubt Brady will put up better numbers than Carson Palmer did in 2015 (35 TDs, 11 INTs, 4700 yards)

Still miles better than what Arians had in the past. And light years better than the 3 back up QBs currently in NE.

88 passer rating last year. 79 rating in the second half when the team started playing good teams.

No reason other than wishful thinking to say Brady is "light years" better than any other QB in the NFL at this point in his career.

Last edited:
I did watch Newton in 2018. What Turner did is he no longer had the offense go through Newton. Lots of check downs which is what increased his completion percentage and kept his picks low. Turner for sure is one of the best OCs at creating an offense that is functional and efficient.
And of course even with all that going, Newton took a terrible hit on a drop back that ruined his shoulder and the season was gone. So really, you are making my point for me. Even with a controlled offense that was highly efficient, Newton had a serious season ending injury. And let's be serious here - McDaniels is no Turner and our offense blows. We have no idea if Andrews will be healthy with the lung clots and Wynn has been pretty much a disaster with injury and Cannon is always injured too. And of course no Scar either which is the biggest downgrade to a team that has to keep Newton clean.

If our offense blows as you put it, wouldn’t you have to concede that TB shares some of the blame? He was part of our offense the last time we saw it.

Wynn has been pretty much a disaster with injury
I'm waiting for someone to enter the chat to challenge you on this.

And can someone tell Stephen A. Smith that Molly Qerim did not come up name "Jimmy G"?

If our offense blows as you put it, wouldn’t you have to concede that TB shares some of the blame? He was part of our offense the last time we saw it.

nope....that only applies to kaepernick

Is football fun again simply because it’s not even being played?

Why would that be relevant ? If anything this makes his statement more likely to reflect how he really feels and not some kind of PR game.

Why do we need to care how he REALLY feels? With all due respect, it's none of our business. He is a human being.
He has a right to keep his feelings to himself. I don't know of any constitutional law that states that we no longer have a right to our feelings.

Why do we need to care how he REALLY feels? With all due respect, it's none of our business. He is a human being.
He has a right to keep his feelings to himself. I don't know of any constitutional law that states that we no longer have a right to our feelings.

I don't understand anyone who complains about 6 super bowls and 9 SB appearances...if that’s not fun then I would imagine every player in league would not want to have fun...

I imagine with lots of checkdowns we would find that Cams average yards per attempt would be the lowest in his career. But the stats tell a different story. In fact he had lower yards per attempt in the 2 years prior to Norv.
It was by far the best offense he played in and he still got wrecked on a traditional drop back and the team missed the playoffs. That's my point, even in that good of an offensive system he still got hurt.

It was by far the best offense he played in and he still got wrecked on a traditional drop back and the team missed the playoffs. That's my point, even in that good of an offensive system he still got hurt.

Well yeah this game lends itself to potential injuries. Which is why it was wise for BB to improve the qb depth ahead of Hoyer just in case.

Tom Brady Says ‘Football's Fun Again' With Buccaneers

Sounds like Brady taking a dig against Belichick.....or maybe he isn't,maybe hes just saying that because Gronk is back at his disposal......no one knows but it seemed to me well before this that Tom has not been a happy camper in New England for at least last season if not a few years before.
This quote had already been discussed a week or so ago...I'll just repeat what I wrote then: Football is fun again for him because he's no longer throwing to WRs who suck.

If even Brady couldn't prevent this offense from blowing last year, imagine how badly it will blow this year with any of Scam/Stid/Hoyer under center...

This quote had already been discussed a week or so ago...I'll just repeat what I wrote then: Football is fun again for him because he's no longer throwing to WRs who suck.

he’s not throwing to anyone....he hasn’t played a game yet

If even Brady couldn't prevent this offense from blowing last year, imagine how badly it will blow this year with any of Scam/Stid/Hoyer under center...

then don’t watch

No, it's not fun again for him because he's not playing under Belichick, who is a hard ***. He won a number of super bowls with WRs who "suck." 6 in fact.

Or the QB had a lot to do with it sucking last year.

No, it's not fun again for him because he's not playing under Belichick, who is a hard ***. He won a number of super bowls with WRs who "suck." 6 in fact.
I don't think he ever minded Bill. The team sucking was the impetus for him leaving at age 42 and it was the right move to Tampa to a team able to surroud him with top talent. No wonder he is energized and ready to go. I also think being in sunny Fl helps too. He has to be loving how his body feels and the reality that he has no games on his schedule in cold weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back